IT.COM

strategy How to Find Potential End Users?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hi,

Do any of you has regularly sell your domain to end users? If so, do you mind share with me in this thread on how find potential end users for your domain?

Regards,
Sjarief

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Damion said:
I agree, with the smaller businesses it would definately help, and also to keep it clear as possible. No talk about SERP's and that kind of abrevations.

Can you imagine the look on the face of that elderly old woman selling flowers in her little store asking her husband with a screeky voice ''Joe what in *&%^$ name is a SERP??'' :lol:

Joe - Oh that's another word for serpent *shrug*

Elderly woman - :o My god are they trying to sell us a snake?

Joe - Maybe so, unbelievable.

Email deleted, end of story B-)

For bigger businesses i would definately keep it short and to the point as Wanda has described before.

WoW, that made me laugh!!! :laugh:

No, I don`t talk about Serps, what the @#%* is a Serp anyway? :-/

I talk in plain English, Domains For Dummies, just like me.

Those abbreviations still confuse me. I just found out that HTML is not an abbreviation for HotMail!!! :lol:

•••
•••
I just found out that HTML is not an abbreviation for HotMail!!!
:lol:

•••
I would like to make a small experiment guys that anyone is free to join.

The experiment is related to the amount of characters in a subject line.
From what i have read is that about 60 characters is the max to gain attention of your prospects.

BUT...after sending myself a dummy email with the intended subject line i noticed my subject line was shortened into 29 characters and leaving the other characters in dots.

And therefor making the subject line that i intended somewhat useless since it isn't eyecatching and appealing anymore.

This raised the question what is the amount of characters your email provider allows or place untill the point the dots come in place.

Example: A new innovation on server technology is in the making!

This would make somewhat of an interesting and catchy subject line for anyone that has business activities related to server technolgy right?...and still within the 60 character limit.

But...my email provider would show this as follows:

Example: A new innovation on server te...

You see what i am trying to say here guys? You can make all the effort you want to make an appealing subject line but if the email provider/client that recieves the intended email doesn't show the entire line your work is futile since it has lost it's appeal and atraction and with this the possibility your email being deleted or ignored.

Therefor my question to you guys to make somewhat of an emperic conclusion about how much characters we can actually use for a subject line.

How much characters does your email provider/client allow when you view your subject lines in your inbox?

I will start first...29 readable characters and then this ''...''

Next please? :)

We can all benifit from this little experiment!

•••
*Sigh*

I must be the only one here who cares about creating a usefull subject line....

•••
Damion said:
*Sigh*

Most people adjust their vieable subject line according to their own needs. It's a simple left/right drag to view full or partial subject line. I keep mine very short for the most part, maybe 20 characters or so, so I can see the other columns as well. Best idea is to simply keep the subject line VERY short when you compose an email.

•••
Damion said:
*Sigh*

No, I do care Damion, and appreciate every member who posts interesting topics, however in this case, 'creating a usefull subject line' - I have to agree with Gene, that it should be kept 'Short & Sweet'.

The Challenge is to keep it 'Short & Sweet' but to create a powerful 'Impact' without looking Cheap/Tacky/Spammy.

As I mentioned before the problem with getting this e-mail thing right, is that the response is so low and unpredictable, that you can't analyse your marketing efforts.

I believe I am one of Name Pros most aggresive marketers of my domains to potential end users by email.

I have sent out thousands in the past few months, on selected domains to relevant companies, and have only sold two domains this way, however I'm an optimist and have faith in 'My Domains' and am confident that I will conclude other successful high dollar sales in the future.

Remember that of the thousands of domains registered everyday by people looking to make a quick buck, the vast majority are not marketed by the owners and as in most areas of life, optimism and enthusiasm soon fades away.

I believe it is largely a numbers game, the more you market - the more likely you are to sell, but obviously the quality of domains and your selection of potential end users, plus the quality of your e-mail all count.

•••
Thanks for your replies guys, i have implemented the SHORT subject line as best as possible since this was the most logical way to proceed.

Nice post DOMiNIC! My energy bar have been partially reloaded again ;)

BTW, do you guys use any software to make the work related to preparing and sending a little less tedious?
I have been doing hours of work making adjustments in the emails regarding personalization and stuff.

Isn't there any find and replace software that could take more time of our hands?
Do you guys do anything particular to make this task a little less time consuming?

•••
Damion said:
Thanks for your replies guys, i have implemented the SHORT subject line as best as possible since this was the most logical way to proceed.

BTW, do you guys use any software to make the work related to preparing and sending a little less tedious?
I have been doing hours of work making adjustments in the emails regarding personalization and stuff.

Isn't there any find and replace software that could take more time of our hands?
Do you guys do anything particular to make this task a little less time consuming?

PM sent...

•••
•••
Damion said:

It could be built with standard PHP, where the names, etc. are variables and you could set a few extra variables for other misc. things. This method is 'template-based,' however, and you might not personalize as much as needed.

•••
Damion said:

I think the time it takes to contact end users, is why so few do this.

At least you are in the top % of people making the extra effort!!!

•••
Thanks You guys a lot ! I have read this thread yesterday and decide to write one email to end user .( int.company just relaesing wearable minicomputers)

They replied!

"Dear Mr. Konecny,
With reference to your e-mail, would it be possible to have a quotation ?

I look forward to hearing from you soon,

Cordially R.T.
Marketing & Sales Manager"

So You are the professional advisors!!!!

So...,and now I sould be first to kick the price off?I will ask for help to set the price in the appraisal forum.

Thank You All for the help again.

rokoroko

•••
Archangel said:
It could be built with standard PHP, where the names, etc. are variables and you could set a few extra variables for other misc. things. This method is 'template-based,' however, and you might not personalize as much as needed.

I'm not really a coder so this would be kind of a problem. But thanks for the suggestion anyways ;)

DOMiNIC said:
Originally Posted by Damion

I think the time it takes to contact end users, is why so few do this.

At least you are in the top % of people making the extra effort!!!

I found a piece of software that could make things a little easier.
Personalisation feautures and stuff comes with it.

So you would only need to write the innitial letter and the belonging names and company names that goes with it in a list and you could send out the email automaticly without copying and pasting names into the innitial letter for every single email you need to send out.

I haven't tried it out yet so i can't really say if it's any good but it looks promising :)

•••
*pats own shoulder* I'm glad we could be of assistance to you :) As said before, it's the little things that really help :)

rokoroko said:
Thanks You guys a lot ! I have read this thread yesterday and decide to write one email to end user .( int.company just relaesing wearable minicomputers)

They replied!

"Dear Mr. Konecny,
With reference to your e-mail, would it be possible to have a quotation ?

I look forward to hearing from you soon,

Cordially R.T.
Marketing & Sales Manager"

So You are the professional advisors!!!!

So...,and now I sould be first to kick the price off?I will ask for help to set the price in the appraisal forum.

Thank You All for the help again.

rokoroko

•••
I am going to give these suggestions and ideas a try myself.

•••
Damion....don't loose hope...Dominic has the right approach...[Quote "I believe it is largely a numbers game, the more you market - the more likely you are to sell, but obviously the quality of domains and your selection of potential end users, plus the quality of your e-mail all count."/Quote]...

Another user in this thread "Wanda" has IMHO one of the best target emails for buyers...look back in the thread until you find her post [Quote "* ALWAYS tell the end reader "who you are.. USE YOUR REAL NAME

My msg's go something like this:

Hello,
I am Wanda Cox, owner of the web domain: Whatever.com
I am currently offering this domain "for sale".
Should your organization, have interest in acquiring this domain, please
feel free to contact me.

ALWAYS list a contact email AND A CONTACT PHONE NUMBER.

In your closing signature.. it's good measure, to list your professional website address. (one which relates to your domain listings is best)

AND DON'T FORGET TO OFFER YOUR PHONE NUMBER." /Quote]

I personally Target specific industries/companies with my domains...I do not use the "shotgun" approach...even though IT IS a NUMBERS Game...I DO send out alot of emails to specific companies that I have preselected....sometimes followed up by a personal "domain postcard" that I've had made up specifically for each of my names...it's says the same thing..I.e. the domain name...who I am ...this domain is for sale...address info yadda yadda...like a business card..then I send it to the C.E.O. of the Company I am targeting or purchasing agent...whichever...my response ratio?...20% to 30% usually ...most of the time I enter into negotiations and either sell or keep the domain...(if we can't agree on a price)...

Sorry the post was so long....

Hope it helped,

OldRatRacer

•••
I like the postcard idea as a follow-up to a letter. Wonderful!

•••
Thanks oldratracer for your post, the postcard idea is a nice addition to the whole strategy.

The main thing that boldered me was that i had to change the name and company in the body of the letter everytime i send out an email.
That was kind of frustrating.

But now i have found a nice little utility that can merge the names automaticly in the body for each individual email i send out.
And that saves a lot of time.
I can personalize it as much as i want regarding input fields.

•••
Got a quick question for everyone regarding end users. I have sent roughly 15 emails so far to different companies for the 3 domains I am currently selling. Some of them bounced back but most didn't. I was wondering how long I should wait for a response?

•••
DareDevil said:
Got a quick question for everyone regarding end users. I have sent roughly 15 emails so far to different companies for the 3 domains I am currently selling. Some of them bounced back but most didn't. I was wondering how long I should wait for a response?

When I offer a domain, I always put a "good until" date in the offer; that way if I don't hear anything, I proceed otherwise.

•••
Good advice. Thank you!. Any others?

•••
My view is you can implement two options.

First one is to place a link to a live eBay auction and noting that the auction holds for an x amount of days (better to place a link in the form it doesn't link directly because a lot of people are wary of links in emails and especially leading to eBay.com...phishing is a primary concern with all of us internet users so also include a keyword that can be used in the search box of ebay that will lead them to the page in question)...

Second option would be to (what you need to do anyways) include your contact details and your real name and such, telephonenumber, email address and ask them polightly if they are interested that they can contact you through the contact details you provided.

And go from there with any possible negotiations or inform them there is an auction taking place in a very short time and they can participate in this auction and by placing the winning the bid they will be the new owner of the domain in question.

•••
Well I included my house number and email addresses and things. All that info is in my emails signature when I send it out anyways.

•••
Have a little question for the guys who do email Marketing. Do u guy tell your expected price for the domain in very first e-mail ? or let them to reply to you and negotiate the price ? Which method gives the best result ?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back