IT.COM

strategy How to Find Potential End Users?

NameSilo
Watch
Impact
Hi,

Do any of you has regularly sell your domain to end users? If so, do you mind share with me in this thread on how find potential end users for your domain?

Regards,
Sjarief

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Retracted.
Was response to a post that is now deleted.

Last edited:
•••
Anyone used these guys before? http://www.endusermarketing.com/

If so, what was your experience?

I have some interest in them, but I'm dubious on what methods they may use to promote the domains? Like I only want my domains marketed to people that actually may have a use for the domain, not spammed to as many people as possible with spammy looking template emails.

If anyone has any idea of how they promote and how successful they are I would love to hear it.

Cheers!

•••
Is it Ok to send individual end user emails through the email clients in cpanel of your hosting company? Or does that increase the chances of being reported for spamming? I guess there must be a way to send and read mails form your private email without having to log into your hosting account.
Anyone use roundtube?

•••
Usually I have good experience contacting end users which are in related fields by simply googling the keyword and looking at who is paying for ad spots for those related keywords. More than likely if they are bidding on a good niche keyword which you own and you don't charge too much you have a good shot of completing the sale.

•••
I've checked through most of the posts here, and most all include what the body of the email should be like, but I was wondering what are some of the phrases or lines you use as the Subject line when first (cold) contacting a possible end-user, so that they don't simply discard it or send it straight to the junk folder?

Last edited:
•••
I usually just put the domain name as the subject. If it's a term that clearly relates to their company, I think they'll be interested enough to read the email. (They may assume it's from a company in their field that has some business-related offer or question.)

•••
@ultradog

I find that I get the most attention by putting one of the prospect's domains in the subject field, usually phrases as "Whatever.tld and Related Domains." Experience has shown me that people are much more likely to be interested in news/questions/propositions that relate to their own businesses.

This ties into an important point about how my e-mails are phrased: My e-mails almost invariably begin with listing the domain from the subject and one or two other domains that the prospect owns, plus (if applicable) some demonstration of my understanding of why they own those domains. I'm talking about their company, not mine; I'm showing a certain knowledge of their success, not going on about who I am and what I want. While this may seem like a bit of self-help-seminar nonsense, I have found it to be a tremendously effective icebreaker for e-mail marketing.

Frank

•••
Cool. All awesome and helpful tips! I totally agree with you in the fact that people don't want to hear you talk about yourself, but rather how you can help them become more successful. I try to get to know the end user a little before I email them, so I got that going for me.

Last edited:
•••
That makes sense, but you didn't answer my question buddy.

Weather they got my email OR it was in their spam box thats not what I worry for now. The problem is that most email are coming back as if the email address was not correct.

I don't think that registering email address for the domain being sold will resolve the issue but I did get your point.

RevolutionaryDomains - can you please share how many domains have you sold reaching end users by email which was registered for the domain you were selling to them?

Well, did you send those emails one after one in a very short period of time?

From what you are saying it seems most likely that Gmail probably targeted your mail for suspicious activity and had it blocked.

I wonder if this is happening to other people also?

•••
Thanks for all the info. I am bookmarking the thread!

I did it once with a domain I own and the response was good. I think 2 out of 4-5 replied back..but no sale at the end. So maybe I did something wrong in during the negotiation or the price I asked was too high for them.

•••
I've read this thread from it's 2005 creation until now, front to back and over again.

Here's what works.

#1 Have the domain listed somewhere as an auction (eBay, GoDaddy) with some kind of time constraint and reserve to it. This way the end user knows that there is a limited amount of time before this domain is sold.

#2 Contact them from a non-ISP email address, preferably an address from the domain you are trying to sell. If you don't want to do that then use your main business eMail address. Look as professional as possible.

#3 Include an eye catching subject. We use Re: "Keywords here". A domain should relate to their business, if they see the keywords that relate to their business they will open it.

#4 In the body be short, be professional, and use sales 101. Create urgency, a sense of loss if they do not act; create benefit. Always include a price, do not create a sense that bargaining is okay. If they are interested, they will respond with an offer or just say okay I'll buy. Under $5k will be an easy sell, over $5k then you are looking at a serious decision process.

#5 Last but not least, follow up ALL responses and close the sale.

#6 FOR YOU:

Don't sell the domains that you know are 'big money' domains that could fetch high offers down the road. Be patient, if they are good domains the offer will come eventually.

If you are buying correctly your domains should sell for no less than $1k each. If you are buying brandable domains with no exact match value then you are facing an uphill battle.

I hope this summary helps.

- Joe

Last edited:
•••
Sometimes Sedo's automatic verification is stuck, or something like that. :blink:

First of all, just makes sure you had done all these important steps:
1. Temporarily disable privacy protection services during the ownership verification process.
2. Make sure your Sedo contact details match the contact details in the WHOIS records.
3. Set the name servers to NS1.SEDOPARKING.COM and NS2.SEDOPARKING.COM

And if it takes about more than 2 days to verify a domain, just simply contact Sedo's Customer Support.
Then Sedo will do some manual verification to your domains. B-)
Casual Names...great info. If I have my domains on (regged there) GD premiums name, shall I still follow your instructions?

---------- Post added at 04:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:53 PM ----------

I like to say ," I have it in GD's auction for XXXX...If you are interested, we can work directly , you can save money & close through escrow.com. That way I am giving him a reason why I am willing to lower the price.

---------- Post added at 04:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:29 PM ----------

You may very well have perfect timing on you co.uk domain. WHOMEVER owns the domain.co.uk will have the first right of refusal, for 5 years, on the .UK coming out 6/2014!
Good Luck!

---------- Post added at 05:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:43 PM ----------

Selling domain to the end users gives you more profits but i don't know how to find potential end users

There are 120 pages just on this thread to educate you.

Good Luck!

---------- Post added at 05:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:17 PM ----------

Originally Posted by tarikpierce View Post
Just posted a new blog post with 10 ways to find end users for your domain names:

http://www.dnhow.com/find-end-users/
I'd love to read it BUT the page is BLANK!!

•••
Pay attention to which topics are trending.

For example, I decided to sell Erotica.co.uk during the period when "50 Shades of Gray" (or was it "Fifty Shades of Grey") was getting lots of media attention.

The auction failed me -- with only 1 bidder. But it still sold for $10k. Ironically, I got a separate $10k opening offer a month later. Wish he'd showed up at the original auction!

Point is: When people are talking about Erotica, sell Erotica domains. When people are talking about the Cloud, sell Cloud domains. Don't wait until the trend has subsided.

•••
Pay attention to which topics are trending.

Great point there bud :sold: but how to figure out what is trending and what is not? Google trends? Facebook trends?

•••
Great point there bud :sold: but how to figure out what is trending and what is not? Google trends? Facebook trends?

Google trends provides good data. But with a large portfolio, it's too labor-intensive to monitor all keywords in that way.

I'd say, basically just keep your eyes and ears open.

What is being discussed in the mainstream media? Or within particular niches such as tech blogs or finance or what have you?

Also, pay attention to what domainers are making offers on -- and what end users are making offers on.

That is NOT necessarily the time to buy those things. In fact, it may be exactly the wrong time, since prices are higher then and demand is at its peak. But if you have assets in those areas, it can be the right time to sell them.

Buy low ... sell high.

But also:

Buy unknown ... sell hyped.

•••
Do I stand a chance? I have a keywordPro.com and I emailed Keyword-pro.com on wednesday but no reply yet as at thursday.

A little coincidental search showed a big company has KeywordCompanies.com as their domain name. do I stand a chance with the big company considering the fact that their domain is keywordcompanies.com? I pulled up some info from Manta and I can see that the one of the top executive is a member of Keyword Management Group.

I need advice on how to make this sale click. Yes, I can get direct to the top executive i described above.

Last edited:
•••
Do I stand a chance? I have a keywordPro.com and I emailed Keyword-pro.com on wednesday but no reply yet as at thursday.

A little coincidental search showed a big company has KeywordCompanies.com as their domain name. do I stand a chance with the big company considering the fact that their domain is keywordcompanies.com? I pulled up some info from Manta and I can see that the one of the top executive is a member of Keyword Management Group.

I need advice on how to make this sale click. Yes, I can get direct to the top executive i described above.

you may, or may not depending on the budget of that particular company :)

Even than, dont forget to email them if you havent and to the ones you have, send a reminder after about 2 weeks, maybe..

good luck!

•••
you may, or may not depending on the budget of that particular company :)

Even than, dont forget to email them if you havent and to the ones you have, send a reminder after about 2 weeks, maybe..

good luck!

For the big company, data from Manta shows they have 60+ employees and annual revenue of $3.1 Million and they were established in 2006.

I made a mistake in the first end user that I sent email and I am guessing that they may be wondering who truly own that domain and that could possibly be the reason why they haven't replied just yet. I believe they should have contacted me by now because I designed website that looks far more superior to the one that they have their keyword-pro.com on. Mine has some powerful attension grabbing sliders too which theirs dont have.

I used [email protected] to email them when I should have created an email on [email protected]. I have created the email. Would it be wise to contact them in that 2weeks via [email protected] while referencing? So that they can know that they are doing business with the right owner.

Thanks

•••
Hello everyone, I just follow this great forum and really new player in domain selling
I just wondering how to get potential user contact (email) if I want try selling the domain directly ? (there's no other whois because others TLD are still available) ?

thanks for help and sorry for my ignorance! :)

abdul

•••
Hello everyone, I just follow this great forum and really new player in domain selling
I just wondering how to get potential user contact (email) if I want try selling the domain directly ? (there's no other whois because others TLD are still available) ?

thanks for help and sorry for my ignorance! :)

abdul

Hey Abdul, this is all I do to sell. I buy them as they drop by scouring expireddomains for ones which I feel have a good target audience - trying not to be too specific (eg OrlandoPoolCleaner.com) but try to ensure a decent potential market (FloridaPoolCleaner.com) - obviously hypothetical examples.

I then Google the niche to see what the market is like - if there are many companies in the niche relating to the domain, simply find their contact details and send a nice, brief email offering the domain transfer for a small fee (opens it up for negotiation). Don't be over elaborate with over formality - these people aren't high flying CEOs generally, they are generally small business owners who appreciate standard straight talk.

I have had alot of success using this method - I work on a one by one basis, so I spend the free time I have shifting each domain, then onto another one.

I'm sure you will have success this way.

Cheers, Nick

Last edited:
•••
Is it right to include price in your first contact to a potential buyer?

•••
Is it right to include price in your first contact to a potential buyer?

Let them express interest first. Then be prepared to answer the question, "How much?" If you're approaching them, then you should give them a number or a rough idea.

•••
Hey Abdul, this is all I do to sell. I buy them as they drop by scouring expireddomains for ones which I feel have a good target audience - trying not to be too specific (eg OrlandoPoolCleaner.com) but try to ensure a decent potential market (FloridaPoolCleaner.com) - obviously hypothetical examples.

I then Google the niche to see what the market is like - if there are many companies in the niche relating to the domain, simply find their contact details and send a nice, brief email offering the domain transfer for a small fee (opens it up for negotiation). Don't be over elaborate with over formality - these people aren't high flying CEOs generally, they are generally small business owners who appreciate standard straight talk.

I have had alot of success using this method - I work on a one by one basis, so I spend the free time I have shifting each domain, then onto another one.

I'm sure you will have success this way.

Cheers, Nick

Thanks Nick that's really helpful!

About pricing, Is it okay if we put a direct sell link (e.g to our afternic/godaddy sell link) when we contact them by email ?
How about you guys experience about this?

Many thanks!
Abdul

•••
About pricing, Is it okay if we put a direct sell link (e.g to our afternic/godaddy sell link) when we contact them by email ?
How about you guys experience about this?

If you put a link to your domain listing within a bigger market place, then

(1) 10% to 20% of the sale will be paid to that market place as a commission. Why not keep 100%?

(2) The buyer you're contacting may explore that market place and choose to purchase something else instead.

Are there any benefits to doing this?

•••
If you put a link to your domain listing within a bigger market place, then

(1) 10% to 20% of the sale will be paid to that market place as a commission. Why not keep 100%?

(2) The buyer you're contacting may explore that market place and choose to purchase something else instead.

Are there any benefits to doing this?

Oh okay I got the points :tu:
Many thanks!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back