IT.COM

strategy How to Find Potential End Users?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hi,

Do any of you has regularly sell your domain to end users? If so, do you mind share with me in this thread on how find potential end users for your domain?

Regards,
Sjarief

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
:talk:

Hi

I would say, that deal was done by a domain investor....not a domain flipper.

imo....

I'm not a domain investor. Strictly a flipper :)

•••
posted by lennco:
Searching for end users by their whois info, It seems like more and more these days domains I look up are monitored by Mark Monitor.

They are everywhere and it is annoying as hell. I try to just be Zen-like about it and think of it as 'the new whois privacy" and keep looking along other routes. In some cases, a reverse IP check be helpful inasmuch as it can reveal similar domains sharing server space (which often - though not always - will be traceable back to the same owner.) It can be aggravating, but of course it also is helpful in that it reduces your field of contacts, enabling you to focus on those you can find.

Frank

Last edited:
•••
Explain your domain name to a potential partner. Talk about how you developed it, what it does and who the target audience is. This helps both you and the potential partner gauge interest in each other and whether the partner can succeed in selling your domain name.

•••
Thanks for all the amazingly valuable input here.. just finished reading the last 50 or so pages

here a template i have been using for the past month, with about 10% response to my sent emails:

Greetings to you,

i have noticed that you seem to have a business about [Keywords]

Are you interested in this unique COM domain
[Domain name.com]
for your own website or business to enhance your presence on the internet?

This way you can easily generate more potential customers in an efficient way by redirecting all the visitors from this domain to your own domain/website or even using this domain for yourself.
This is all up to you.

I happen to own this domain name but would be willing to sell it for a fair price.

Please contact me now if there is an interest from your side to buy this domain before i will offer it to other [Keywords] businesses .

Sincerely,
Full Name

--
Full Name | Company Name
Phone number | Email address (no free mail accout!) | Website

•••
Thanks for all the amazingly valuable input here.. just finished reading the last 50 or so pages

here a template i have been using for the past month, with about 10% response to my sent emails:

I count 4 obvious lies and passive voice.

This reads like weak spam to me so congrats on getting 10% more responses than I thought it would.

Last edited:
•••
Oh no, it's quite efficient this way, because most end users don't even understand the advantage of having more than just their own already existing domain name.. unless you give them a simple example in the first email many won't even bother to reply because most are already stuck on their own domain name and automatically think they have to move all content to the new domain which you offer them.. just the simple truth..

i guess we simply have different views about that :)

•••
I count 4 obvious lies and passive voice.

This reads like weak spam to me so congrats on getting 10% more rsponses than I thought it would.

Atleast he is trying, rather than sitting on his butt waiting for the end-users to come his way.

Please stop discouraging people who are just starting off DU.. on the other hand you should be helping them improve!!

•••
•••
Atleast he is trying, rather than sitting on his butt waiting for the end-users to come his way.

At least he is spamming is better to say in this case.:hehe:

•••
•••
I dont use template for contacting end users. Otherwise, as I said, this is spam.

•••
I dont use template for contacting end users. Otherwise, as I said, this is spam.

well in that case you are spamming as well my friend :imho:

•••

Please stop discouraging people who are just starting off DU.. on the other hand you should be helping them improve!!

It beats the alternative of encouraging more annoying spam in the world imho.

I will point out what I was saying so that you can see it was meant as advice not just "discouragement".

Greetings to you
Informal blah. Hi, I'm a Spammer

i have noticed that you seem to have a business about [Keywords]
No you didn't "notice" you searched for people who might be interested in a name. It's patronizing and a lie.

Are you interested in this unique COM domain
[Domain name.com]
for your own website or business to enhance your presence on the internet?
If they were they would have registered/inquired into it. You're asking if they're interested in buying it - why the nonsense about enhance your presence which basically says
marketing cliche cliche cliche I'm a spammer

This way you can easily generate more potential customers in an efficient way by redirecting all the visitors from this domain to your own domain/website or even using this domain for yourself.
This is all up to you.
cliche cliche cliche... it'sa LIE to say generate more customers..at best it's misleading

I happen to own this domain name but would be willing to sell it for a fair price.
You don't happen to own this domain. You're looking to sell the name for a profit. This statement is a LIE and patronizing. This is spam so being direct at least makes it easier

Please contact me now if there is an interest from your side to buy this domain before i will offer it to other [Keywords] businesses .
Applying pressure? I bet you've ALREADY offered it to many people and you're playing them off against each other. It's a lie

Sincerely,
Full Name

--
Full Name | Company Name
Phone number | Email address (no free mail accout!) | Website

What's wrong with honest?

I'm looking to sell this name for a profit. You might be interested and I've hocked it around. Let me know if you're interested.. I'm looking for $xxxx dollars?

Applying soft sell / hard sell tactics mixed in a confusing email just sends a message that is "I'm Alex".

Cheers and good luck to Gravity with his efforts.

---------- Post added at 05:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:41 PM ----------

At least he is spamming is better to say in this case.:hehe:

Exactly.

Last edited:
•••
I agree with DU.
Too many so called domainers do nothing but spam legitimate businesses trying to find someone to pay outrageous prices for crap domains at best.

•••
spot on! @ DU

Alex seems to ve infected a lot of domainers with his crappy templates. @OP your mail is 100% spam. End_users get thousands of that exact same mail everyday. Their is nothing unique bout your mail.:bingo:

•••
Alright.. let's take some steam ouf of this discussion right now

Firstly, i want to thank DU for his feedback regarding the template and it is actually insightful to me. Thanks really!

Secondly, i DO agree that parts of the template can be counted as spam, haven't denied that

just one thing you guys got to keep in mind.. out there you won't get bonus points for being 100% honest and straightforward and whatever.. some cases require to work with tricks, and that's what i am doing.. whether the "incentives" are real or not, i don't give any promises but merely point out some possible advantages (note the "can").. it is for the end user to interpret it in the way he wants

and from my side i can just say, this works.. i get enough replies to have a chance to build a connection upon and then pull the end user closer to where i want him..

Ps: right now working on selling Smartfoodxxxxxx.com.. got 4 positive "how much" replies from exactly 21 mails that i sent in the last days.. am now in the negotiating phase with them.. let's see :)

Last edited:
•••
Much better approach DU.. thank you! :great:

It beats the alternative of encouraging more annoying spam in the world imho.

I will point out what I was saying so that you can see it was meant as advice not just "discouragement".

What's wrong with honest?

I'm looking to sell this name for a profit. You might be interested and I've hocked it around. Let me know if you're interested.. I'm looking for $xxxx dollars?

Applying soft sell / hard sell tactics mixed in a confusing email just sends a message that is "I'm Alex".

Cheers and good luck to Gravity with his efforts.

---------- Post added at 05:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:41 PM ----------

Exactly.

•••
@GravityEleven,

Keep doing what you're doing as most brokers follow the same method. Have no guilt about it whatsoever!

As you're getting a good response rate with your emails, can I ask what Email services do you use? i.e. Yahoo, Gmail or your own Domains email addresses?

•••
Always my own Domain email address, it clearly gives me the best results.. i do however use Google Apps to be able to use some convenient tools & plug ins for CRM and tracking Customers (via Streak etc.)

And one more thing, i never put any real domain link in my email.. since i stopped doing that the replies increased.. got to be a spam filter thing surely..

•••
Keep doing what you're doing as most brokers follow the same method. Have no guilt about it whatsoever!

That's why they get paid the big bucks, I guess.

---------- Post added at 05:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:00 PM ----------

just one thing you guys got to keep in mind.. out there you won't get bonus points for being 100% honest and straightforward and whatever..

But it beats being a bullshitter.

•••
I understand that "honesty" in some branches wont get far. But I do trust and believe it will get me further than lying to ppl.

Sure I might get a 1000 times No or no reply. But that 1 person(Im used getting no from potential clients in the hypnosis niche) do get more "big" jobs than most of my fellow hypnotists.

•••
GravityEleven - what subject use when sent whit your example email for end users?

•••
Ps: right now working on selling DOMAIN NAME.. got 4 positive "how much" replies from exactly 21 mails that i sent in the last days.. am now in the negotiating phase with them.. let's see :)

Just a tip. Searching for the domain you mentioned above using quotes: "yourdomain.com" in Google leads straight to your post about honesty, sales, tricks, end-user replies, etc.

I don't necessarily agree with your tactics. I find it's best to just be honest and keep the email short and sweet, IMO.

However, never underestimate your end-user's Google research abilities. If I was your end-user and happened to come upon this thread and read your posts, it might scare me away.

You may want to edit your post to disguise the domain in question a bit, especially if you're going to mention your sales tactics in the same post.....

Good luck!

Last edited:
•••
Hey guys...... marketed a couple of names to some end users and not sure how to deal with a couple of situations, advice would be great!

Domain #1:

Got a response from one guy who said the price was a bit pricey for him and I should contact him if I think of lowering the price and I don't sell the name (I stated in the email I was contacting other users and I was selling the domain on a first-come first-served basis).

The original price was $750; so I emailed him back and said.. "I could lower the price to $625 if that helps you out?"; however it's been a couple of days and I haven't heard back from him.

I know the one in power in negotiations is the one that keeps quiet so I don't really wanna send him another email yet. How long should I wait if I don't hear from him? Any advice what to say?

Domain #2:

Was a co.uk domain with an asking price of 950 pounds. Got a reply from one guy minutes after I sent the email asking if I had the .com - I stated I just had the co.uk (I thought they preferred co.uk anyway lol); but I haven't heard back from him since - advice here?

Got another response basically saying that "at this time they were not interested at purchasing the domain as their current domain was specific to their brand". Should I leave it at that or...?

Thanks very much!

•••
Always my own Domain email address, it clearly gives me the best results.. i do however use Google Apps to be able to use some convenient tools & plug ins for CRM and tracking Customers (via Streak etc.)

And one more thing, i never put any real domain link in my email.. since i stopped doing that the replies increased.. got to be a spam filter thing surely..

Gravity, thanks for the tips.. I used 'em in an end user email and got a response (even though it was negative response), but atleast I did get a response for the only email I had sent to an end user in ages.

cheers :bingo:

---------- Post added at 03:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:27 AM ----------

Hey guys...... marketed a couple of names to some end users and not sure how to deal with a couple of situations, advice would be great!

Domain #1:

Got a response from one guy who said the price was a bit pricey for him and I should contact him if I think of lowering the price and I don't sell the name (I stated in the email I was contacting other users and I was selling the domain on a first-come first-served basis).

The original price was $750; so I emailed him back and said.. "I could lower the price to $625 if that helps you out?"; however it's been a couple of days and I haven't heard back from him.

I know the one in power in negotiations is the one that keeps quiet so I don't really wanna send him another email yet. How long should I wait if I don't hear from him? Any advice what to say?

Domain #2:

Was a co.uk domain with an asking price of 950 pounds. Got a reply from one guy minutes after I sent the email asking if I had the .com - I stated I just had the co.uk (I thought they preferred co.uk anyway lol); but I haven't heard back from him since - advice here?

Got another response basically saying that "at this time they were not interested at purchasing the domain as their current domain was specific to their brand". Should I leave it at that or...?

Thanks very much!

Domain #1: = Stay quiet here and wait for the response.
Domain #2: = They don't want to buy the .co.uk, so you should move on and find a next buyer :)

good luck!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back