Dynadot

How to Detect When Someone Has Opened an E-mail You Sent

NameSilo
Watch

iTerminal

Established Member
Impact
Hi,

What's the best way to detect when someone has read/opened an e-mail you sent them?

Thanks.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
if your using gmail use streak... or sidekick

•••
•••
•••
My advice would be to use a specific email address for the purpose. Not all people like to be tracked.

I use mailtrack.io and only when I need it and then only on one specific Gmail address. All of the services rely on people opening images, so if you dont want to be traced, dont show images per default.

•••
If you use hotmail service then how can we detect someone has read/seen the email??

•••
Put an image in the email. When they look at the mail, the image will display, and you can see this in your server stats. You can even see how many times they've looked at it.

•••
putting an image might cause buyer to think its a junk mail or scam. which may surely cause no reply.

•••
putting an image might cause buyer to think its a junk mail or scam. which may surely cause no reply.
Would you notice a one pixel image in the email, or you could add a smilie, or just use the image of a fullstop in the middle.

•••
Put an image in the email. When they look at the mail, the image will display, and you can see this in your server stats. You can even see how many times they've looked at it.

Yes, but that's assuming that images from links are not blocked for security purposes. Something like this, could end up in spam (if lucky)... It may actually not even end up in spam depending on the settings or email provider used- it will automatically be deleted.

•••
if adding a smilie can solve this than i will be great to add a smilie. Thanks :)

•••
NPer is correct when he states that this method is not infallible. It's a fairly old technique that has been abused by spammers. Look on it as another possibility to try when all else is failing.

•••
•••
My mail client (Thunderbird) does not load remote content unless I request it. Other mail clients have the same behavior. Using HTML E-mail will always increase the spam score anyway. And E-mails from domainers are usually spam so they'll get classified as such rightfully :)

•••
•••
Put your energy elsewhere.

•••
there are many ways you can use ant mail tracker to track the same

•••
add an extension
mailtrack
it sends you a daily report of who has seen your mail and at what time.

•••
Mail merge also offers tracking services if one really wants to

•••
that functionality is built into outlook 2016 pro

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back