Dynadot

security GoDaddy scam e-mail?

NameSilo
Watch

kite26

Fearless BirdTop Member
Impact
Hello NP community. Yesterday, i got an e-mail which was stating that it was sent by Godaddy. I didn't open any link, because i want to ask you first. I believe that is scam e-mail and i moved it to my junk folder.
The sender's e-mail was [email protected], i have not seen again this e-mail address.It was asking to update my details because ICANN requires it.Strangely, it was including my name and my GD customer number. Do you know what it's going on?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
The ICANN update email is certainly one we send, but good hygiene would be to ignore the links in the email and log into your GoDaddy account directly to follow the instructions.

The "re-verify your premium account" doesn't sound like something we would send.

•••
The ICANN update email is certainly one we send, but good hygiene would be to ignore the links in the email and log into your GoDaddy account directly to follow the instructions.

The "re-verify your premium account" doesn't sound like something we would send.
Thank you very much!

•••
I got this email also all it did was ask me to veriify my details

Didnt ask for password ot anything

•••
I received the yearly ICANN 'verify your contacts' email just the other day. I wish GoDaddy wouldnt send that out with clickable links. There has to be a more secure and trustworthy way of doing this. Maybe just tell us to log in and go to our account details where we can find a link or a button to verify the contacts. Once we do that the button goes away for another year. In this day and age of spam and stealing domains, its silly to send emails with links to us.

•••
I auto-send all those to spam. :)

•••
This is not a scam or spam mail...
it's 100% legit...

Last edited:
•••
I got it, too. It's just asking you to confirm your contact details are correct. And I agree with others who said it's legit from GoDaddy.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back