Dynadot

How Much Would You Sell A Truck Domain In Outbound Sale?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Okay,

I am pitching a domain name for sales of trucks (get the idea) and it defines the market commercially actually...

the first viewer and reply of my email has asked for price in order to get the domain name and from the look of comparable sales, truck domain names have quite a high price when sold.

Personally, I would love to get 4 figures for this domain name but then, I have only been lucky to get 4 figures a few times during outbound.

Anybody with useful tips should help. I don't know whether quoting 4 figures will scare him away, at least low x,xxx to mid x,xxx. Or should I wait to see if I can get replies from other receivers?

Thanks.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Investigate each of the targets to know their financial strengths bro

•••
•••
Maybe if you ask for 4 figures, provide them with some supporting information to justify your price.Like search volume and Cpc based on your potential clients country. Then see if you can find other domain sales in the same niche that can support your price.

•••
Maybe if you ask for 4 figures, provide them with some supporting information to justify your price.Like search volume and Cpc based on your potential clients country. Then see if you can find other domain sales in the same niche that can support your price.

Thanks a lot. Yeah, there is quite a huge collection of sales in this niche. see: http://dnpric.es/?q=truck (results does not show instantly. you have to refresh severally before they come on)

As for CPC, I have not checked.

edit: CPC is around $2 on average.

Last edited:
•••
Well, I am still churning out the emails... let's see how it goes. The major guy hasn't read my email.

•••
truck domains dont sell good for me even in low xxx

•••
How long is a piece of string? Just like your scenario there is not enough information to give an accurate answer.

What you should ask depends on many factors.

I sold a truck related domain for $35K+ a few years ago, but it was an exact match commercial product with 60K broad / 4K exact searches a month and a $10+ CPC.

Brad

•••
•••
If it has anything to do with electric trucks, then you could reach your target. Especially with the latest Tesla buzz.

•••
•••
•••
I

I wish you the best bro. Please what's your name on Nairaland?
lol... you should know by now... we started the domain thread with isaac olu.

•••
I was thinking Iyepromo or 2sexy

•••
•••
please don't derail. Thank you.

•••
Okay, I got two response so far, both indicating interest to acquire the domain name and I quoted low x,xxx. No news as of yet.

Will give it a few more days before I reach out again.... at best, we get to negotiate the price.

But there is one guy I had been hoping will contact me anyway... cos his two websites are exact matches of mine... while the first reply is also close to mine.

Though the first end user that replied my email showed he viewed the very first email but subsequent ones,which is a reply to his "how much" has not been viewed. I don't know whether he has viewed it or not.

•••
Are you not tracking the mails?

•••
Are you not tracking the mails?
I am tracking it bro. The first reply that I got showed that the end user viewed it before he sent me "how much" but my reply to that has not been viewed.

There was no view for the second guy that replied... and when I replied his "how much" it showed he viewed that one but the very first email to him does not show he viewed my email lol. weird/

But one thing you must know, trackers are not 100 reliable... sometimes multiple views does not mean that they are interested.

•••
That's true. I have had up to 41 views on a name I pitched to a company. I was ecstatic that they were going to reply soon. But they didn't. Then I saw on a thread here that multiple views may actually mean that the email was going down the trash bin

•••
But there is this 3rd guy that I had hoped he will respond but nothing yet and email has not showed viewed.

•••
That's true. I have had up to 41 views on a name I pitched to a company. I was ecstatic that they were going to reply soon. But they didn't. Then I saw on a thread here that multiple views may actually mean that the email was going down the trash bin
Not really trash bin... it is likely a glitch of sort.

•••
•••
UPDATES:

After giving prices to the two persons that showed interest on the domain name. Both were silent. So today, I decided to contact them again and letting them know they are not the only one interested in the name and if they are willing to negotiate, they could submit an offer.

Well, the second guy who showed replied offered $500 and i asked to meet me in 4 figures range but respond that he wouldn't go more than $800 on the name.

Now, the first guy who stated his interested read our reply (same copy sent to the others) but didn't say anything. It has been over 3 hours now and no reply from him.

We called a 3rd guy on phone yesterday. He said he is interested and then asked for price... my caller told him 4 figures but he said that is too much for them right now and he needs to get back to something. Htung up on my caller. Further attempts to call back wasn't picked. Caller will try again tomorrow so that we can give room for negotiation.

What do you think guys?

•••
If you have a developer, put inventory on your website, then send your contact the leads. When they call asking WTF is going on, tell them, buy the leads or you'll offer them to the next dealer on your list.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back