NameSilo

Outbound Exploits: Interesting Outbound Sales

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

DomainDepot

Top Member
Impact
My first thread post in the general discussion! Hoping to have people participate.

I am curious to hear other people's interesting or creative outbound stories. Do you have any funny or unorthodox outbound anecdotes? What techniques have worked for you?

Format: provide some info about the method (email/LinkedIn etc...) and summary of how it went down.

I will give the first example. A while back I sold a three word domain with 'to' as the middle word. It was sold at BIN on GoDaddy. I also happened to own the same three word domain with the number '2' instead of the word 'to.' I waited for the whois to update and I contacted the new owner to let them know that I also owned the same domain with the number in the middle. It took a few emails to finally get through but once I did the buyer was very happy that I contacted them. I got about half the BIN price of my other name. This method was a first for me, but it just shows that you need to be creative and persistent in this business. It may take 100 emails but you only need 1 yes to sell a domain.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Let me state some facts regarding outbound domain marketing:
I pick 2-5 domains from my portfolio 5 days a week and pitch to end users.
I don't pick or pitch my BEST domains...I wait for inbound offers for those long term investments.

So I sell about 2-5 names/week with sales ranging $150-$350 each.
Every week I expect minimum $500 in revenue for 3-4hrs/day work.

IE: TorontoDentalImplants (dot) COM sent out to 40 prospects asked $250 and sold the same day...domain was $9 closeout @ Godaddy.

1.Quality of domains matter(GEO, Products, Services sell best);
2. One in 6 domains will sell (about 30-60 prospects/domain);
3.If you don't state a low/affordable price in your initial pitch $150-$500 chances are you won't even get a reply.
4.You need to rotate your pitch letter and keep it short, as in 6 sentences or less. (Gmail will mark your messages as spam if you don't rotate your pitch letter).
5.Optional(I use mail tracking system integrated in Gmail)...notifies me when the prospect opens my email and how many times they do it. Obviously I wait 2-3 days and I follow-up with the prospects that open my emails and ask them simply "What can I do to make this work?" BOOM! A lot of them will reply with a lower offer ie: $150 and I sell the bastard if there are no other offers.
$150 is better then nothing.
6.Rinse and repeat! Like a machine LOL

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back