IT.COM

How many hours per day do you dedicate to domaining?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Some people say domaining is addicting. And they are probably right. How many hours a day do you dedicate to domaining? Do you wish you could dedicate more or fewer hours?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Having just started I am anxious to see some results, not big ones mind you just results from what I do that also help me to learn.

My schedule every day:
1. Namebio sales from the prior day; look over the news here and in other places- about

2. Looking for comp sales for those domains I have that I think have a shot at being sold

3. Every 3 days or so, I look at ExpiredDomains.net. About 2 weeks ago I had decided that I wouldn't buy any new domains until something sold. Unfortunately, it is addicting so I've still managed to buy about 4 or 5 domains. But I have made 1 sale at Flippa (very small) and have one pending here, aldo very small.

4. Twice a week I compile lists for outbout emails--I started this about 3 or so weeks ago. Usually I email on Saturdays in blocks of 50, and take a break every 50 outbounds. I use a scheduler to send emails.

1 & 2= about 2 hours
3= about 1 -2 hours
4= about 5-7 hours
Lately I spend some time on twitter at least twice a day, I guesstimate it takes about 1 hour/day total

•••
25 hours per day.

If only I had more time.

•••
@SBS66
I see you have a very structured schedule. In reference to your comment about outbound on Saturday, I am sending you a PM, since posting it here will go beyond the scope of this thread. Thanks

•••
•••
•••
Having just started I am anxious to see some results, not big ones mind you just results from what I do that also help me to learn.

My schedule every day:
1. Namebio sales from the prior day; look over the news here and in other places- about

2. Looking for comp sales for those domains I have that I think have a shot at being sold

3. Every 3 days or so, I look at ExpiredDomains.net. About 2 weeks ago I had decided that I wouldn't buy any new domains until something sold. Unfortunately, it is addicting so I've still managed to buy about 4 or 5 domains. But I have made 1 sale at Flippa (very small) and have one pending here, aldo very small.

4. Twice a week I compile lists for outbout emails--I started this about 3 or so weeks ago. Usually I email on Saturdays in blocks of 50, and take a break every 50 outbounds. I use a scheduler to send emails.

1 & 2= about 2 hours
3= about 1 -2 hours
4= about 5-7 hours
Lately I spend some time on twitter at least twice a day, I guesstimate it takes about 1 hour/day total

Mind telling us what scheduler you use? @SBS66

•••
•••
•••

My schedule every day:

1 & 2= about 2 hours
3= about 1 -2 hours
4= about 5-7 hours

Nice routine. Do you have a job, out of interest? I am not sure I would find the time, even for a hobby...

•••
>domaining is addicting...

Success is addictive.

8am - 2PM Domains
2PM - 3PM (40 year old man nap)
3PM - 12AM Domains

Last edited:
•••
Nice routine. Do you have a job, out of interest? I am not sure I would find the time, even for a hobby...

I do. I practice law full time. But I'm an early riser, so usually I'm up by 5. My experience is that I find the time for the things that I like doing. If there is one day when I'm beat after the office then I just don't do the domaining thing.

•••
I bought my first domain 10 days ago or so, im a hands on type of brute kind of guy with little cpu skills, I own a very successful firearms business and I havent paid it a bit of attention in 10 days or so, losing thousands in gun time I could be making while spending thousands on domains, over 900 hand regd in a week or so with 400 returns, go daddy hates me, last night I was up until 6 am trying to hand reg 2 word .coms, I cant stop doing research and buying, RUN its like digital crack! Run away its so interesting

Last edited:
•••
Every waking moment: 18-20 hours per day.

•••
26 hours a day, I wake up 2 hours early.

•••
Pretty much 24h a day. Even if I'm not on my computer, tablet, phone, whatever, I've always got at least 10 'cases' open in my head: pondering whether I should reg this and that name, thinking new namepaces/concepts to bulk check, strategizing emails etc.

My girlfriend has developed a new face for me checking domain availability on mobile... First it was just maybe a bit annoyed. Nowadays it's just angry.

•••
Pretty much 24h a day. Even if I'm not on my computer, tablet, phone, whatever, I've always got at least 10 'cases' open in my head: pondering whether I should reg this and that name, thinking new namepaces/concepts to bulk check, strategizing emails etc.

My girlfriend has developed a new face for me checking domain availability on mobile... First it was just maybe a bit annoyed. Nowadays it's just angry.

AngryGirlfriend.net is avail

•••

My schedule every day:

1 & 2= about 2 hours
3= about 1 -2 hours
4= about 5-7 hours
How can you look at Namebio sales just for the previous day? What filter do you use?

•••
•••
Nevermind. Found it under "Daily Market Report."

•••
In my early days of domaining I was busy 12-14 hours per day but lately I'm working on average only 4 hours per day. I have a family as well so I'm spending just enough time on domaining to let them live a comfortable life. Doing this also allows me to spend a lot more time with my son and daughter. I realize that when they will be older I won't have that opportunity anymore and I'm sure I would regret it for the rest of my life if I don't spend this time with them now.
My motto nowadays: I work to live, not live to work.

•••
•••
I used to sleep, but that was before I started domaining.

•••
•••
Maybe 1-2 hours a day on average. It used to be more but once I developed a succinct routine it became less time consuming

•••
Back