Dynadot

How many hours per day do you dedicate to domaining?

NameSilo
Watch
Some people say domaining is addicting. And they are probably right. How many hours a day do you dedicate to domaining? Do you wish you could dedicate more or fewer hours?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
10-12 hrs, I have other addictions too apart from domaining and sleeping;).

•••
Maybe 1-2 hours a day on average. It used to be more but once I developed a succinct routine it became less time consuming

I hope to get there, but right now there is just soooo much to learn...and try.

•••
1-2 hours a day. I work a day job so I'm out of the house 12+ hours a day doing that so after sleep and reassuring the girlfriend that I know she still exists there isn't much time left for domains. Would love to be able to make a living from it but it's a catch21 situation. Need more time to take domaining seriously but need more money to survive now so have to work.

•••
•••
•••
3-7 hrs weekdays only and few hours during weekends just for updates.

•••
4 to 5 hours recently. More problematic is that some buyers overseas loved to contact me at after 11 PM which kept me excited and interrupt my sleep. Being in North America Mountain time, my night time is the day time in Asia.

I know I need to cut down the time to have a more physically active life. LOL.

•••
Can't tell exactly as it varies, on the average 3-5 hours a day.

•••
Normal days - may be an hour,responding to inquiries and mostly checking Namepros,Domaining.com for updates.
Days after a sale - I spend couple of hours extra to find names to backorder/participate in auctions.

•••
As much time as I humanly can spend...

Searching names, research, development, sales... takes a lot of time.

•••
•••
Usually 4-5 hours / day. Would spend more if I had time.

•••
Pretty much all the time. Domaining is addiction. Last night I placed bid on domain in my dream. I will check its status tonight.

•••
How many hours a day do you dedicate to domaining?
Not many - I'm too busy refreshing Namepros... :P
Oh, and editing my domains spreadsheet - adding colors, deciding if I want to sort alphabetically or by date, counting how much I've spent in the last 12 months ("eeek!" :xf.eek:), looking at money earned ("whoohoo! :xf.grin:) sorting by date again, getting nervous about upcoming renewals ("fudge" :xf.rolleyes:), refreshing namepros, looking at my email inbox ("no new messages" :oops:), refreshing namepros again...

•••
Currently about 8 hours per day...

•••
I spend about 3 hrs a day, more on the weekends as I have a full time job that I love.

It's very important to try & live a healthy balanced life IMO.

Enjoy time with your loved ones, family & friends as life is too short to commit all your time online unless it's your full time job?

If you work hard & smart while creating a great network of good friends along the way it can definitely help create more opportunities in your business and personal life... (in my experience)

Domaining hrs.JPG

However if you are new to domaining I would recommend spending quality time daily reading, reading & read more threads on here and other domaining blogs.

It's easy to buy a domain. Challenge yourself to sell a few as one of the best ways to learn is by doing it as at times it might be frustrating but its a lot of reward when you pull off a sale. IMO :)

AT TIMES....
Domaining.jpg

THE FEELING OF MAKING A SALE...

Success.jpg

•••
•••
About 1 or 2 hours a day, I don't let it consume me but I consider it a fun and often profitable past time.

•••
Less than 1 hour for domaining. I am webmaster rather than a domainer.

•••
It seems like it's pretty popular these days that people call themselves hustlers and brag about how they have no life outside of domaining/business etc.

Whenever someone says how they spend 14-17 hours a day and never rest, I immediately start worrying about how much time they have left before the heart attack comes and kills them.

One of the most important and valuable activity to do is to spend time with family and yourself (reflecting etc). All the money in the world won't bring the time lost. I don't want to regret 20 years down the road that I didn't spend enough time with my family and never really got to know them.

I run 3 other businesses as well and my goal is to get to point where all my businesses, including domaining, run on automation and all I have to do is work 10-20 hours per week.

Life is too short to just domain it away....

•••
It seems like it's pretty popular these days that people call themselves hustlers and brag about how they have no life outside of domaining/business etc.

I think this kind of thinking may be on it's way out for many. More people talk about balance these days, and more people are doing it.

•••
At least 2 hours a day, especially more when doing outbound marketing. Also having a few other projects/business + family :)

•••
I try to spend 3hrs a day during the week and 1hr over seeing everything when available on the weekend..

Maybe the title of this thread should be changed to " Are You An Addict Domainer"

•••
2 hrs

I'd mind another KPI - $/hour :)

•••

Specifically around 6 hours.
computer-geek.jpg

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back