IT.COM

How many hours per day do you dedicate to domaining?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Some people say domaining is addicting. And they are probably right. How many hours a day do you dedicate to domaining? Do you wish you could dedicate more or fewer hours?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Well... it's 3:38am over here... so if that gives you any indication as to my level of addiction.. ;)

•••
•••
If I didn't work 40 hours a week on a shipping terminal then I would be doing an extra 40 hours a week domaining.

•••
Still learning,Usually 4-6 hours
:lookaround:

•••
I hardly sleep 6 hours, and I am fully engaged 18 hours with domain business. More sales makes me spend more time.

•••
When you guys say "domaining", is it just the general time of checking available/dropped names,managing your own,inquiries etc?

But how much time spent daily with strictly outbound contact/sale attempts would you guys say?

•••
If there was 100 hours in a day..

•••
No more than 3 hours a day. I focus on a key group then try and become well versed in that group and only focus on those. A shotgun approach in my opinion does not work. But luck or a hot auction can indeed surprise me. I remember 8 years ago i bought buyten.com well the return was fantastic I just wish all of them were like that :)

•••
More problematic is that some buyers overseas loved to contact me at after 11 PM which kept me excited and interrupt my sleep. Being in North America Mountain time, my night time is the day time in Asia.

Same case is with me also brother. I am from South Asia ;)

•••
Too much time.

Although I am doing fine with it financially, I could have done much better using the same time at other areas.

Will automate some processes and drastically reduce time spent.

•••
Too much time.

Although I am doing fine with it financially, I could have done much better using the same time at other areas.

Will automate some processes and drastically reduce time spent.
Automation is good thought. If possible we all utilize for productive results.

•••
Automation is good thought. If possible we all utilize for productive results.

For now I just know I don't want to continue like this. 20-30 hours per week on top of my finance related work is too much. It is great occupation for someone whose alternative is lower $/hour. My profession pays me easily $xxx/hour while domains probably pay more like $25-30 per hour (if you are smart about it).

•••
For now I just know I don't want to continue like this. 20-30 hours per week on top of my finance related work is too much. It is great occupation for someone whose alternative is lower $/hour. My profession pays me easily $xxx/hour while domains probably pay more like $25-30 per hour (if you are smart about it).
Unless you have multiple streams in domaining its low paying.

•••
Multiple streams such as Parking revenue, development, good domains..etc.

•••
It depends on the schedule of the day

•••
•••
Multiple streams such as Parking revenue, development, good domains..etc.

I don't bother with parking. When I see the names of supposedly good traffic domains, I can't help but think there must be something going on. No way those names would have so many type ins and backlinks/former site type of traffic quickly. And for the good names, parking revenue would be just small portion of renewals.

Development is something I want to pay more attention though. And pruning portfolio to keep better ones is good idea, imho too.

•••
•••
Usually between 1 and 2 hours a day during the evening.

But lately I've been working on major projects at my fulltime job and was tired when coming back home and did not feel like being in front of a computer again. So for the last 2-3 weeks, I've been spending less than 30 minutes a day on my domaining activities.

•••
43,200 - 50,400 seconds per day

•••
•••
Im reading this whilst Netflix in background, far east contact on imessage and its 5:46am, feeling knackered but dont want to sleep just in case I miss something interesting on here!

•••
•••
Nice to see replies from members here.

It would really help if members can distribute their daily hours and mention the tasks they do on a daily basis:

For example:
1. Domain Research - 1 Hour
2. End User Research - 1 Hour
3. Marketing (outbound) - 1 Hour

Thanks,

•••
1. Domain Research - 1 - 2 hours
2. End User Research - 2 "
3. Marketing (outbound) - 2 "

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back