Dynadot

How many hours per day do you dedicate to domaining?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Some people say domaining is addicting. And they are probably right. How many hours a day do you dedicate to domaining? Do you wish you could dedicate more or fewer hours?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
25 hours per day.

If only I had more time.

•••
>domaining is addicting...

Success is addictive.

8am - 2PM Domains
2PM - 3PM (40 year old man nap)
3PM - 12AM Domains

Last edited:
•••
In my early days of domaining I was busy 12-14 hours per day but lately I'm working on average only 4 hours per day. I have a family as well so I'm spending just enough time on domaining to let them live a comfortable life. Doing this also allows me to spend a lot more time with my son and daughter. I realize that when they will be older I won't have that opportunity anymore and I'm sure I would regret it for the rest of my life if I don't spend this time with them now.
My motto nowadays: I work to live, not live to work.

•••
I spend about 3 hrs a day, more on the weekends as I have a full time job that I love.

It's very important to try & live a healthy balanced life IMO.

Enjoy time with your loved ones, family & friends as life is too short to commit all your time online unless it's your full time job?

If you work hard & smart while creating a great network of good friends along the way it can definitely help create more opportunities in your business and personal life... (in my experience)

Domaining hrs.JPG

However if you are new to domaining I would recommend spending quality time daily reading, reading & read more threads on here and other domaining blogs.

It's easy to buy a domain. Challenge yourself to sell a few as one of the best ways to learn is by doing it as at times it might be frustrating but its a lot of reward when you pull off a sale. IMO :)

AT TIMES....
Domaining.jpg

THE FEELING OF MAKING A SALE...

Success.jpg

•••
Pretty much 24h a day. Even if I'm not on my computer, tablet, phone, whatever, I've always got at least 10 'cases' open in my head: pondering whether I should reg this and that name, thinking new namepaces/concepts to bulk check, strategizing emails etc.

My girlfriend has developed a new face for me checking domain availability on mobile... First it was just maybe a bit annoyed. Nowadays it's just angry.

•••
Having just started I am anxious to see some results, not big ones mind you just results from what I do that also help me to learn.

My schedule every day:
1. Namebio sales from the prior day; look over the news here and in other places- about

2. Looking for comp sales for those domains I have that I think have a shot at being sold

3. Every 3 days or so, I look at ExpiredDomains.net. About 2 weeks ago I had decided that I wouldn't buy any new domains until something sold. Unfortunately, it is addicting so I've still managed to buy about 4 or 5 domains. But I have made 1 sale at Flippa (very small) and have one pending here, aldo very small.

4. Twice a week I compile lists for outbout emails--I started this about 3 or so weeks ago. Usually I email on Saturdays in blocks of 50, and take a break every 50 outbounds. I use a scheduler to send emails.

1 & 2= about 2 hours
3= about 1 -2 hours
4= about 5-7 hours
Lately I spend some time on twitter at least twice a day, I guesstimate it takes about 1 hour/day total

•••
26 hours a day, I wake up 2 hours early.

•••
Nice routine. Do you have a job, out of interest? I am not sure I would find the time, even for a hobby...

I do. I practice law full time. But I'm an early riser, so usually I'm up by 5. My experience is that I find the time for the things that I like doing. If there is one day when I'm beat after the office then I just don't do the domaining thing.

•••
Pretty much 24h a day. Even if I'm not on my computer, tablet, phone, whatever, I've always got at least 10 'cases' open in my head: pondering whether I should reg this and that name, thinking new namepaces/concepts to bulk check, strategizing emails etc.

My girlfriend has developed a new face for me checking domain availability on mobile... First it was just maybe a bit annoyed. Nowadays it's just angry.

AngryGirlfriend.net is avail

•••
I used to sleep, but that was before I started domaining.

•••
I bought my first domain 10 days ago or so, im a hands on type of brute kind of guy with little cpu skills, I own a very successful firearms business and I havent paid it a bit of attention in 10 days or so, losing thousands in gun time I could be making while spending thousands on domains, over 900 hand regd in a week or so with 400 returns, go daddy hates me, last night I was up until 6 am trying to hand reg 2 word .coms, I cant stop doing research and buying, RUN its like digital crack! Run away its so interesting

Last edited:
•••
It seems like it's pretty popular these days that people call themselves hustlers and brag about how they have no life outside of domaining/business etc.

Whenever someone says how they spend 14-17 hours a day and never rest, I immediately start worrying about how much time they have left before the heart attack comes and kills them.

One of the most important and valuable activity to do is to spend time with family and yourself (reflecting etc). All the money in the world won't bring the time lost. I don't want to regret 20 years down the road that I didn't spend enough time with my family and never really got to know them.

I run 3 other businesses as well and my goal is to get to point where all my businesses, including domaining, run on automation and all I have to do is work 10-20 hours per week.

Life is too short to just domain it away....

•••
Well... it's 3:38am over here... so if that gives you any indication as to my level of addiction.. ;)

•••
How many hours a day do you dedicate to domaining?
Not many - I'm too busy refreshing Namepros... :P
Oh, and editing my domains spreadsheet - adding colors, deciding if I want to sort alphabetically or by date, counting how much I've spent in the last 12 months ("eeek!" :xf.eek:), looking at money earned ("whoohoo! :xf.grin:) sorting by date again, getting nervous about upcoming renewals ("fudge" :xf.rolleyes:), refreshing namepros, looking at my email inbox ("no new messages" :oops:), refreshing namepros again...

•••
Maybe 1-2 hours a day on average. It used to be more but once I developed a succinct routine it became less time consuming

•••
10-12 hrs, I have other addictions too apart from domaining and sleeping;).

•••
1-2 hours a day. I work a day job so I'm out of the house 12+ hours a day doing that so after sleep and reassuring the girlfriend that I know she still exists there isn't much time left for domains. Would love to be able to make a living from it but it's a catch21 situation. Need more time to take domaining seriously but need more money to survive now so have to work.

•••
•••
As much time as I humanly can spend...

Searching names, research, development, sales... takes a lot of time.

•••
Pretty much all the time. Domaining is addiction. Last night I placed bid on domain in my dream. I will check its status tonight.

•••
Every waking moment: 18-20 hours per day.

•••
Can't tell exactly as it varies, on the average 3-5 hours a day.

•••
About 1 or 2 hours a day, I don't let it consume me but I consider it a fun and often profitable past time.

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back