NameSilo

poll How many domains you own?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

How many domains do you own?

How big your domain portfolio?

I start from myself: I own 10 domains.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
•••
most people who hand reg domains never sell them
Really???
Most my enduser sales were handregs, including highest sales.

•••
now 100+ domain names and yes renewal is coming :facepalm:

•••
Probably 140-150, 60% of them are hand-reg, rest are either from closeout / auction or namepros. I am planning to let go 50% of them, which are crappy handreg i did earlier this year. Now buying very slow, two or three a month.

•••
Had 8k at some time in past, now reduced to around 1500, want to further reduce it to around 800, if possible! (thats the goal!)

•••
•••
[
Really???
Most my enduser sales were handregs, including highest sales.

I said most people who reg names never sell them, in an attempt to maybe slow a beginner down who has regged 49 names in his/her first 2 weeks of domaining. Maybe I should have worded it most hand reg domains never sell, by the way I only hand reg names and have never bought one, so wasn't arguing against hand regs.
joe t

•••
I only hold maximum 20 - 24 domain / year. I must sell 1 - 2 / month at least $ XXX / domain . I only sell domain with thousand traffic from search engine like google, bing , and yahoo ,minimum traffic above 400 visitor per day.

Last edited:
•••
I have just shocked myself as I have 184 on two platforms which is 34 more than I thought I had :)

•••
•••
I currently own only one domain(newbie here) mineswork.com. Don't know if it's a good domain though. Just thought it had a catchy phrase.
Also new to this community, cheers to this community! really awesome!

•••
•••
•••
now 2 weeks in domaining , with 49 hand reg:xf.grin:

•••
I have around 20. I started aimlessly and reached around 70 in first two months then luckily(or not) I had two decent sales back in March and I was able to liquidate my portfolio down to 12 via bargain bins and some deletes as I was in green. But those two are my only sales in my 10 months career.

Last edited:
•••
not as many as last week. whoohoo! :)

•••
•••
maybe, actually a don't have any experience in selling domains name
so if you accept I can send to you the list of my domains to give me your opinion?(y)
Take the best 3 in your opinion - and create thread in https://www.namepros.com/forums/domain-appraisal.3/
This should be enough to determine if you are on the right track...

p.s. I don't invest in 2/3word .COMs and I don't appraise them.

•••
currently 212 domains question is how many will realize any value

•••
•••
I had around 600 but dropped 250 recently because they were rubbish haha.

The ones I have are still rubbish, but my portfolio is better for it. I've sold 2 which have covered 75% costs, so yeah. Expect another sale and will drop to around 200. $1,800 a year then.

I've almost broken even and will maintain an annual portfolio of around that allows 1 sale a year covering costs. But if I don't, the annual cost is no more than a coffee and lollies a day, which I don't drink or eat.

Spending money on quality domains is worthwhile. I'm buying Superannuation.com from the reseller in a couple of weeks. He has it advertised from $7,500 to $25,000 Buy Now, and he doesn't know it yet but he will sell it to me I'm sure haha.

I'd rather one quality domain with future value, for $10,000, than 1000 hand regs. It's been 10 months in this domaining industry. Cool story.

•••
I got 500 before trim down to 160 all .com's.

•••
at the beginning of 2019, I had almost 150 domain names and I sold most of them. Currently, own just 37 all .com :guilty:
But I'll update my portfolio at the beginning of 2020. I do it every year and I'm so excited Only a few days to start buying & selling again :-D:-D

Last edited:
•••
Currently at 47, four months into the industry. Target is keep a range of 200-300 quality names during my stay in the industry. Currently inclined to hand reg and it's paying off quite okay, I've made 400% of investment from sales. Maybe with more sales I'll focus on auction and closeouts

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back