IT.COM

poll How many domains you own?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

How many domains do you own?

How big your domain portfolio?

I start from myself: I own 10 domains.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Currently, I own 112 across 5 registrars with the most at Epik. Sometimes I can get up to 150-ish, but then I suffer from buyer's remorse and drop or liquidate them at less than reg. fee. :( 97% are .com.

I'm almost positive I read someone here owns 5000+ domains! I hope that person chimes in with some statistics because that'd be really interesting to hear all about that portfolio.

Thanks for this thread BTW. :)

Last edited:
•••
1.6K+ as of today.
Shortened this year from ~6K.

•••
1.1K domain names, all of them new gTLDs :)

•••
•••
•••
•••
now 2 weeks in domaining , with 49 hand reg:xf.grin:

•••
•••
now 2 weeks in domaining , with 49 hand reg:xf.grin:

Many have done similar to you and lost there shirts, I would slow down and read up on what sells and what doesn't. It doesn't take long to spend a small fortune on worthless names., not saying yours are worthless but most people who hand reg domains never sell them
Good luck
Joe T

•••
most people who hand reg domains never sell them
Really???
Most my enduser sales were handregs, including highest sales.

•••
•••
not as many as last week. whoohoo! :)

•••
[
Really???

I said most people who reg names never sell them, in an attempt to maybe slow a beginner down who has regged 49 names in his/her first 2 weeks of domaining. Maybe I should have worded it most hand reg domains never sell, by the way I only hand reg names and have never bought one, so wasn't arguing against hand regs.
joe t

•••
expired vs handreg:
-
when you snag a name during the expiration process it's considered a savvy buy.
-
when the same name squeaks through the expiration process and you find it the next day it is considered to be a worthless hand reg.:xf.confused:

•••
What did you do with the other 4.4K?
Dropped them...
The only one way here.

If you, for example, invest $3K in some volume... and then get $13K in sales = it means $10K profit.
And then you may drop all remaining domains from this volume.

•••
•••
Really???
Many have done similar to you and lost there shirts, I would slow down and read up on what sells and what doesn't. It doesn't take long to spend a small fortune on worthless names., not saying yours are worthless but most people who hand reg domains never sell them
Good luck
Joe T
maybe, actually a don't have any experience in selling domains name
so if you accept I can send to you the list of my domains to give me your opinion?(y)

•••
Peaked at 2,000 around 2006 to 2012 (When sales were thick and fast for me ) Now just 130 or so, hence plenty of time to lurk around NP.

Back then, keeping up with Optimization, sales, trends and reports etc really didn't leave much time for domain boards

Last edited:
•••
maybe, actually a don't have any experience in selling domains name
so if you accept I can send to you the list of my domains to give me your opinion?(y)
Take the best 3 in your opinion - and create thread in https://www.namepros.com/forums/domain-appraisal.3/
This should be enough to determine if you are on the right track...

p.s. I don't invest in 2/3word .COMs and I don't appraise them.

•••
I owe 5K+ domains. They have been acquired over many years following the same formula -

1.) Buy
2.) Sell
3.) Reinvest
4.) Repeat

Brad

•••
hy dear; you can see the list in:
appraise-18-domains-libraclaimer-com.1157761

•••
The poll brackets should be edited to show 500, 1000, 5000, 10000...

I have 3400+ names. About 95% .com

•••
Nowadays about 50.
Also, SH Approved Premium Domains, about 200.

•••
I have around 700 domains I would prefer to have less under 500 as one person with no time.

•••
Back