GoDaddy

question How many chinese offers did you receive for your domains today?

Catch.Club Catch.Club
So I got 11 emails in the past day, all in Chinese. Mostly from email addresses in @126.com and others
Had to use google translate, they are offering some 1000-1600 for some LLLL.com's. Some for LLLL.net and 6N too. This is a bit higher than usual, before it was just a few emails per day.

How many emails did you get for your LLLL.com's and other short domains today?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.

techname

Established Member
Impact
Just got one a few minutes ago in Chinese for vhzz (king).
Bit insulted, they only offered 500 RMB (which is $77) or $100, my choice!

•••
Just got one a few minutes ago in Chinese for vhzz (king).
Bit insulted, they only offered 500 RMB (which is $77) or $100, my choice!
it is a bit insulting, but I'm sure they'll raise it a bit if you reply. Maybe even offer you $150 :D
My most recent one was for osej.com-1600 RMB, 19 min ago.

•••

TERADOMAIN

QualityNames.comTop Member
Impact
I received 8 emails today for LLLL.com . Most of them from QQ.com . Price was in RMB. Couple of email was very funny. They wanted my GGGO.com for 500 RMB or $100??? Is this joke??? Hahahaha.. LOL..

Thanks

•••

JayT

Restricted (85-100%)
Impact
How do you know the emails are not from the same group of people with no real intention of buying your domain at anywhere near xxxx that you'd expect?

•••

S-B

Account Closed
Impact
It's VIP.163.com, right?

•••
Impact
Dozens of emails in the last few days from cc***.com inquiring about LLLL.coms or with an offer of 500 RMB. Exactly the same happened for NNNNN.coms a few months ago.

•••
•••

S-B

Account Closed
Impact
•••

bagol

Established Member
Impact
I received email from VIP.126.com for my lll xyz low $xxx. Too low

•••
very interesting... I received this today... and I do not understand most of it...

To: S...................AOL.COM
Sent: 4/2/2016 5:44:59 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time
Subj: 一去紫台连朔漠,独留青冢向黄昏p..d.com-这个域名我想买

您的这个p..d.com-1600元卖给我好么 +我企鹅:30~38~879~78.............. 风雨如晦,鸡鸣不已。《诗经》

TRANSLATED:
Subj: a purple to Taiwan Shuomo , left alone Tomb to dusk p..d.com- I want to buy this domain name

This your p..d.com-1600 yuan to sell me okay + I penguin : ~ 30 ~ 38 ~ 879 78 .............. fengyuruhui , crowing incessantly . " Book of Songs"

So I am interpreting this that he wants to buy the domain for 1600 Chinese Yuan which equals
246.83 USD but what is with the other stuff - like the penguin....does he want to give me a penguin too? I dont do penguins....lol This I do not understand and the other numbers and info..

Any clue??

Last edited:
•••

Blueforever

Established Member
Impact
How do you know the emails are not from the same group of people with no real intention of buying your domain at anywhere near xxxx that you'd expect?
I was thinking the same thing, I too got an offer of 100 bucks....why are they wasting time though? Are they hoping that if they ask a million people one will say yes to peanuts!

•••

JayT

Restricted (85-100%)
Impact
I was thinking the same thing, I too got an offer of 100 bucks....why are they wasting time though? Are they hoping that if they ask a million people one will say yes to peanuts!
Just send them a fair counter offer and see if they respond. I'll appraise your 4l.com if you want help.

•••

TERADOMAIN

Impact
LOL...
Capturefake.JPG

•••

TERADOMAIN

Impact
Another One. LOL...
Captureddd.JPG

•••
Impact
very interesting... I received this today... and I do not understand most of it...

To: S...................AOL.COM
Sent: 4/2/2016 5:44:59 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time
Subj: 一去紫台连朔漠,独留青冢向黄昏p..d.com-这个域名我想买

您的这个p..d.com-1600元卖给我好么 +我企鹅:30~38~879~78.............. 风雨如晦,鸡鸣不已。《诗经》

TRANSLATED:
Subj: a purple to Taiwan Shuomo , left alone Tomb to dusk p..d.com- I want to buy this domain name

This your p..d.com-1600 yuan to sell me okay + I penguin : ~ 30 ~ 38 ~ 879 78 .............. fengyuruhui , crowing incessantly . " Book of Songs"

So I am interpreting this that he wants to buy the domain for 1600 Chinese Yuan which equals
246.83 USD but what is with the other stuff - like the penguin....does he want to give me a penguin too? I dont do penguins....lol This I do not understand and the other numbers and info..

Any clue??

They include random data in their email to make each more unique so they get flagged for spam less

•••

frank-germany

domainer since 2001 / musicianTop Member
Impact
•••
1600 yuan + 1 penguin + a book of songs for an LLLL.com? I think that's a good deal, I'd take it! A penguin should be worth at least a few hundreds bucks I think and you can just feed them fish.

•••
Got a penguin yesterday :D
I always send them the link to Godaddy auctions but they don't reply back:)

•••

frank-germany

domainer since 2001 / musicianTop Member
Impact
I would buy them for 1700 yuan
please pass them to me !

•••

BrandingModel.com

BrandModel.comTop Member
Impact
I get 3-10 emails every day... LLLL.com, 6N.com and 5N.cc. I received 4 emails today.

Chinese offers.JPG

•••

vivaldi

Nothing personalTop Member
Impact
The other day I had a lowballer on LLLL.com and included was also a blessing of a sad forest.. Now some Chinese guy spams $100 offers for LLLL.com's as well

•••
Impact
I'm always receiving a ton of offers, not just 3-figure ones, but I'm not currently selling.

•••

Houssaine

Established Member
Impact
Received this one the other week, but don't know if it's for buying my LLL.info or selling me something similar!!

•••

offersity

Established Member
Impact
My chinese offers are slowing down but interestingly I begin to receive offers (two offers so far) from Arab countries.

•••