NameSilo

discuss Chinese/China .COM domains

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

domain invest3r

Pinyin domains for saleEstablished Member
Impact
All,
(mods- sorry if this thread already exists but I did search)

I wanted to start a thread for us to post any domains we own with China/Chinese in the domain name with .COM. Below are some significant sales in the past couple of years. If we go before 2014, we see
chinese .com for 1,120,008 USD in 2007 and then again for 810,000 in 2011, which would be unfair to use as a benchmark!

I have:
  • chinesetastes .COM
  • + one more china + keyword
and I am looking to add to that portfolio. Quite excited about these domains and their future. I think that whilst we are trying to adapt to the Chinese market, there is a clear effort from them to adapt to ours. Now, whilst I do not see ASCII being adapted on a large scale in China, I do think there will definitely be some form of adoption. Either way, as China grows in its significance and influence exponentially, these domains are a sought after asset and I am sure many more domainers are holders and not sellers.

Interested to hear your thoughts...

DI

innochina 15,417 USD
educhina 7,000 USD
chinaforum 3,888 USD
chinagoods 3,519 USD
mandarinchinese 4,005 USD
chinesehistory 3,433 USD
chinesewok 2,400 USD

creditchina 12,490 USD
chinapacific 4,888 USD
echinese 3,050 USD

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
be-china

in c0m. Still like it...

•••
be-china

in c0m. Still like it...

Cool 5dots. I have to ask what the 'be' stands for?

Also, what is the general assumption re how authentic chinese residents will eventually type 'China' or 'Chinese'. Is the general convention that they will be so anti ASCII that it is highly unlikely or is it that there will be progression towards it (which is what I tend towards).

DI

•••
•••
•••
CHINEST.COM
It doesn't contain the whole word 'china' / 'chinese' - but it contains nearly 90 % of 'chinese' - so I hope 'it is related enough' ;)

Could be used for 'chinese estates' for example.

•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
Im a noob i started buying domains 2 months ago i grabbed 8n8 cus it was available and was short and has double 8, i also grabbed 8me.xyz

•••
•••
Anyone else got any more?

chinaf2c sold for 1,999 a couple of days ago.

In addition to ChineseTastes .COM I also got: LuseJishu .COM which mean 'Green Technology' in Chinese although it doesn't seem to throw up many results in Google so my thinking is that either it is not a widely used expression in China or a translation which isn't quite right! (Can anyone advise? Should have done my HW a bit better!)

Nonetheless it is a verbatim translation which would make for a very snappy name for an IT company...

DI

•••
•••
I did not check the whois on these buys. but I will take your word for it that these babies went to china. ty for sharing.

Yes, encouraging but still relatively low prices...

DI

•••
I've got...
ShipToChina.com

Any interest out there?

•••
I own Chinese-Military.com B-)

•••
I have one in .info What is the trend for .info in this moment?

chinadn.info

•••
I own Chinese-Military.com B-)

Very nice name although can't help but worry about the hyphen. Can I ask what the reasoning was behind acquiring this domian- who do you see the end user as being?

DI

•••
I got TapChina.com years ago on BO.

•••
•••
Cool- what was the thinking behind that?

DI
Tap payment tech was being talked about at the time. Then I noticed that tapcountry.coms were all taken. So I got tapchina and tapaustralia.

•••
Tap payment tech was being talked about at the time. Then I noticed that tapcountry.coms were all taken. So I got tapchina and tapaustralia.

Hmm like contactless payment? That's kind of cool actually.

DI

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back