Dynadot

How long did your first sale take?

Labeled as discuss in Domain Selling and Domain Sales started by himtoxic, Sep 12, 2018.

Replies:
Views:

1. himtoxic

himtoxic Established Member

How long did it take to sell your first domain name?
    Also which domain was it and where did you sell it!
    I would also like to now how many domains you had up for auction when you sold your first one :)

Thanks in regards, Himtoxic!

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. domain hacks

domain hacks Established Member

A week or so.

I bought a domain at GD auctions for around $30. Few days later some guy contacted me saying how his client forgot to renew that domain and how they could pay me in $250 range (dont remember exact number).

That is when a light bulb turned on and I figured I can earn money reselling domains.

I actually bought domain for something else but ended up selling it.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2018
  3. karmaco

karmaco Active Member VIP

4. Sumeeth

Sumeeth DomExpert VIP

Mine taken 7 months for my first sale sold handregged domain in same year for 1000$ via inbound..

It has given inspiration to continue domaining..

5. imadoer

imadoer Active Member PRO VIP

6 months ..I sold 20 handregs for 2k in bulk and then did it 6 more times with same buyer in about a months period of time

6. Sumeeth

Sumeeth DomExpert VIP

Good to see you able to sell to same client that many of domains multiple times. That's really great example for trust between buyer and seller..

Last edited: Sep 12, 2018
  7. Hardheolar

Hardheolar Established Member

8. imadoer

imadoer Active Member PRO VIP

If you buy right the sales will come imo

Domaining all about buying the right names at the right price. Train your brain by learning what sells. Learn how to buy the right names at the price point that no matter what you will profit.

Then you are golden!!! Put them on some landing pages sit back and kick your feet up and wait for sales.

9. NYJimbo

NYJimbo Domain Re-Animator

1st sale, one week.
    2nd sale, four months.

Nothing worse than a great start and then nothing for months afterwards....

10. Rich

Rich Top Member VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

took a few weeks for a profitable sale, maybe sativa.info or qualityblogs.com right here at namepros live auction

11. Furquah

Furquah The Captain VIP

Not sold a single domain. Still waiting for one sale. I have invested lots of money in domains from last two years but I am yet to get the joy.

12. urljunky

urljunky Active Member VIP

My first sale was 8 months after I bought my first domain. All my sales have been via outbound. I have never had someone email me and by one.

13. infosec3

infosec3 Upgraded Member Gold Account VIP

It took about 4 hours. It was a short phrase domain I purchased at GoDaddy Closeouts for under $20.

The interested party sent me an email and then called me (Whois contact) and he agreed with my $1900 price. He paid by Escrow a few hours after we talked.

14. DomainVP

DomainVP Domain Expert VIP

Took me 4 months; First one was outbound to a real estate agent for $4500, the second in the same week was an inbound for $1500.

15. .X.

.X. NameFeature.com Gold Account VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

remembering back, i think it was 6 months, about a $7 ROI i think it was lol, inbound only, i have never done an outbound.

16. Mitchell Hengesbach

Mitchell Hengesbach Upgraded Member Blue Account

Great first sale! Do you mind sharing the domain? Also, how did you initiate the contact with the real estate agent? I'm still trying to develop a good strategy with outbound sales. Thanks for sharing!

17. Bonsu

Bonsu Established Member

Mine was $100 for phonegold.com after 7 months. I bought an ebook about domain. Read it and bought 4 names and sold 1 and since then I knew this is a good investment

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!