Dynadot

question First Sale

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

medomain

Established Member
Impact
Ok, guys. I have being wanting to ask this question and I am not sure if it is appropriate. My question is, how you guys felt when you made your first sale. Did you feel you've accomplished something? I made my first sale two weeks ago for $700 on sedo and i was so happy. Its a hand registered domain name.
Please share your experience with us if you don't mind. And how much did you sell it for? My domain name was sold less than a week after i registered it.

Thanks in advance

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Congrats on the sale!

Yes, I remember our first sale, and it felt great! It gives you a real buzz. You will always remember your first sale. Ours was a hand regged domain, purchased for around $5, sold for $2,000!

We didn't lose out having to pay out commission as the buyer contacted us direct!

Last edited:
•••
Oh wow! $2,000 first sale?. That was a real deal. No commission was paid out. I had to pay out commission because it was sold at sedo

•••
The only thing I remember is that next time I had to sell for more.

•••
My first real sale took 6 months.. At the time I was ready to quit domaining. I was really discouraged. Ended up doing five figs of sales with the same buyer with in a month and a half and that became a game changer for me. I took this business a lot more serious. Theres tons of money in it. If you do things right. Congrats on your first sale. Hope you make many more

•••
The only thing I remember is that next time I had to sell for more.
It wasn't a good deal right? At what point did you realized that? Just curious though.
Right after i sold my domain name, i thought to myself maybe i should've hold on to it a bit. I sold it less than half the price listed.

•••
What Kate said! (y) Congrats on your first sale! That's great!!

•••
Congrats on your first sale.
My opinion to you is NOT to look backwards.
You made a great sale now move on to the next one. Try not to burden yourself with the should've, would've, could've.

Congrats again!
Rinse and repeat.

•••
Congratulations on your first sale. I wish you many more...

My first sale to an end-user was a name I purchased via GoDaddy closeouts, so my total payment was about $20. It was a short brandable phrase.

A couple of months after I bought it, a gentleman left me a voicemail and sent me an email. I heard the voicemail first and then realized the email landed on my spam folder.

Once I heard the email I started thinking about how much I could ask for it and how I could justify the price if he asked. Being a newbie at the time, I found no other option than to resort to the Estibot price for the domain, which was $1900.

I called the potential buyer and he immediately agreed. His secretary started Escrow the same day. I was very pleased with the sale.

Of course, in retrospect, I understand a few things I probably did wrong. First, I did not realized how interest this person was to call me and email me within about one hour. I could have asked for much more, I know. But, again, it was my first sale and my ROI was great.

The end-user developed the domain as a clothing store for women.

Last edited:
•••
I made my first sale two weeks ago

Congratulations! Yep, I high fived myself for a couple of days after my first sale. I treat domains like a poker win in vegas...half goes in my pocket and the other half I reinvest...so far so good.

•••
Congratulations! May you have many more in the future!

•••
Congratulations on your first sale. I wish you many more...

My first sale to an end-user was a name I purchased via GoDaddy closeouts, so my total payment was about $20. It was a short brandable phrase.

A couple of months after I bought it, a gentleman left me a voicemail and sent me an email. I heard the voicemail first and then realized the email landed on my spam folder.

Once I heard the email I started thinking about how much I could ask for it and how I could justify the price if he asked. Being a newbie at the time, I found no other option than to resort to the Estibot price for the domain, which was $1900.

I called the potential buyer and he immediately agreed. His secretary started Escrow the same day. I was very pleased with the sale.

Of course, in retrospect, I understand a few things I probably did wrong. First, I did not realized how interest this person was to call me and email me within about one hour. I could have asked for much more, I know. But, again, it was my first sale and my ROI was great.

The end-user developed the domain as a clothing store for women.
ohh that's interesting. I got three offers within an hour from two people and didn't want to continue countering so i decided to accept the third offer.

•••
My first real sale took 6 months.. At the time I was ready to quit domaining. I was really discouraged. Ended up doing five figs of sales with the same buyer with in a month and a half and that became a game changer for me. I took this business a lot more serious. Theres tons of money in it. If you do things right. Congrats on your first sale. Hope you make many more
It's indeed motivation line, I think, I should follow it all time.

•••
I have been in domaining very late, only 8 to 10 month old, but I have sold my first website on some other forum for $35 in 2014.

•••
Congrats, and don't listen to all the naysayers. That's a good profit, and if you keep it going, it'll give you a handy income.

•••
It's worth what is paid for it. If i get many inquiries i hold on. If i get one in a year i let it go and move on to the next one. Every profitable flip gives a buzz because you are doing things right. Learn from it and don't look back. Become stronger en wiser with every sale. I also sold many domains way lower. I sell through many websites and if there is a feedback option attached to your profile i always ask a positive feedback in exchange of an discount. The right buyer can sometimes pass by just one time at the right moment. Deffo not bad for a first sale. Greed is also very easy to develop and that can fire back on you. Learn the market and discover values more and more. But all by all, well done!

•••
About my domain sale...(...also my depression hobby:xf.wink:)...cars24.tk/600€ on Sedo/+- 3 y ago

•••
Congratulations meDomain on your first sale! Also, I think your idea to start this thread was excellent, and I really appreciate what others have shared here about the elation, and sometimes mixed emotions. Good advice from SirDrago not to look backwards, only to the future (well after a little celebration!).

I don' always follow my own advice, but one thing I try to do when I am considering purchasing a domain name is to ask myself 'what is my exit strategy?' That is, at what price and time frame would I sell this domain and consider it a good investment, and how long will I keep it if it does not sell. I think we should look positively on the first sale if it meets our exit strategy, and never ask ourselves 'what might have been' or be too concerned if others say we should have asked for more.

I am a little envious of you all with major (to my way of thinking) domain sales. Although I've sold 9, they were all tiny sales to get out more than I paid before a domain needed to be renewed, so still waiting for that first significant sale for me (I've only been seriously trying a few months).

I wish you all well with future domain sales! Thanks for sharing.

Bob

•••
I have been in domaining very late, only 8 to 10 month old, but I have sold my first website on some other forum for $35 in 2014.

Who told you it was too late to join domain biz. Many are still regging hand reg and making good money.There was never a time that it was easy for any domainer to make money from domaining any one could still make money from this biz. W

ith my research I found that it was never easy for any one to make money from domaining. All it takes are sound experience of what makes good names and money.

Remember, bitcoincash was registered and sold for good money; as a hand regged within 3 to 4 months.Besides that many are hand regged and sold for good money within few months.

@medomain congratulation for your sale I wish you many more sales.

Last edited:
•••
Please, just be corageous and work hard, you can make it great in domaining, be happy that you are been led to domaining. Many does not believe that there is good money in the biz; up till tomorrow.
Cheers and good luck to be a domainer.

Last edited:
•••
My first sale was to the end user. It was two word .org hand reg domain and i sold it for $ 1200

•••
Ok, guys. I have being wanting to ask this question and I am not sure if it is appropriate. My question is, how you guys felt when you made your first sale. Did you feel you've accomplished something? I made my first sale two weeks ago for $700 on sedo and i was so happy. Its a hand registered domain name.
Please share your experience with us if you don't mind. And how much did you sell it for? My domain name was sold less than a week after i registered it.

Thanks in advance

May i know domain name ?

•••

May i know domain name ?
I don't know if it is right to mention the domain name, but its a cryptocurency+.com
Thank u

•••
•••
My first sale was to the end user. It was two word .org hand reg domain and i sold it for $ 1200
Congrats , really curious , was it an outbound or inbound ? how long did it take from registering till selling ?

•••
Back