NameSilo

How long did it take you to make your first domain name sale?

Labeled as question in Domain Selling and Domain Sales, started by Gartnet, Nov 17, 2020

Replies:
Views:

1. Gartnet

Gartnet Account Closed (Disallowed)

I think it would be great for everyone to share how long it took them to make there first domain name sale?

My first sale was to another domain name investor, I doubled my money on a registration fee domain name and made like $10 or $15 many - This was done probably 3 months into domaining and some trial and error of registering the wrong domains.

My first end user sale took another two years until, I closed a sale via cold outbound marketing and I made a small $,$$$ profit.

My first inbound sale wasn't for many years, nearly 5 years into domaining before I got an inbound lead via a whois lookup and I sold a domain name that I had literally bought on a drop two weeks before for again a small $,$$$ profit.

There has been a number since then but it was a few years from selling to other domain investor through to End Users...

How long did you wait for your first domain name sale? Be great to share like above...

Domain Investor - X Months
    End User Outbound - X Months
    End User Inbound - X Months

Domaining ain't easy and I think it would be good to show all newbies the length of time, it can take make a sale - This isn't a get rich quick business...

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. newdawndomains

newdawndomains Established Member

i actually just sold my first domain (a two-word .com) after a month into domaining, turning $5 into $1,000. It was listed for a BIN price on Dynadot.

3. Gartnet

Congratulations - That was a nice quick sale, outbound or inbound enquiry?

4. newdawndomains

newdawndomains Established Member

Thanks! I'm not sure what that means? I got an email from Dynadot telling me someone bought it for the BIN. I forgot I even had it so it since I got so busy copywriting so it was a very nice surprise.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2020
  5. Gartnet

Thanks @newdawndomains - So that means it was an inbound sales enquiry that sold via BIN - Nice surprise like you mentioned.

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!
biix
  1. NamePros uses cookies and similar technologies. By using this site, you are agreeing to our privacy policy, terms, and use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice