Domain Empire

question First Sale

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

medomain

Established Member
Impact
Ok, guys. I have being wanting to ask this question and I am not sure if it is appropriate. My question is, how you guys felt when you made your first sale. Did you feel you've accomplished something? I made my first sale two weeks ago for $700 on sedo and i was so happy. Its a hand registered domain name.
Please share your experience with us if you don't mind. And how much did you sell it for? My domain name was sold less than a week after i registered it.

Thanks in advance

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Great, inspiring stories. Keep it up guys :)

•••
Congrats , really curious , was it an outbound or inbound ? how long did it take from registering till selling ?
I registered the domain on namesilo and immediately parked it on sedo with a buy now price. All bids came through sedo. no personal contact

•••
Ok, guys. I have being wanting to ask this question and I am not sure if it is appropriate. My question is, how you guys felt when you made your first sale. Did you feel you've accomplished something? I made my first sale two weeks ago for $700 on sedo and i was so happy. Its a hand registered domain name.
Please share your experience with us if you don't mind. And how much did you sell it for? My domain name was sold less than a week after i registered it.

Thanks in advance

Congrats, and btw hello to the community.

I'm not domainer but liked to buy some domains that I think could have some potentials for developing and eventually be sold later.

Never sold anyone, frankly didn't tried, but expected that someone see domain and try to contact me to buy it.

My first sale was clearly accidental, I bought domain name for a client to develop site for his food catering small business. I remember it was 2 keywords with a dash com domain (kw1-kw2.com) nothing special to say, you could never assume that this domain could be sold.

Next year asked him to renew domain and hosting, he said sure and will send me the money soon. As it was due date for renew I renewed it with my own money. As you can assume he went MIA and I lost $10 and have some unusable domain to develop something else to recoup loss at least.

Then I recall some email from year before where someone asked if the domain is on sale, but it looked like some sort of spam/scam to me. Ok I say let try now nothing to lose.

And it turns out kw1 was some brand that have kw2 in their ads. They offered 500 euros and I didn't tried even to negotiate for more, was so happy lol. I covered wire transfer so I made about 450 euros from something that looked like a loss of $10 and more important from a situation where I felt someone scammed me.

•••
•••
Congrats,

My first sale was 195$ via direct email for hand reg expired domain.

•••
I forget my first domain sales! if I don't mistake I sell hand reg domain for $50 in some forum!

•••
My first sale @ Sedo was up2 .info to an end user for $250. I felt good. Congrats

•••
ohh that's interesting. I got three offers within an hour from two people and didn't want to continue countering so i decided to accept the third offer.

congratulations

you want to learn more on negotiation
read all books you can get hold of

•••
They offered 500 euros and I didn't tried even to negotiate for more, was so happy lol. I covered wire transfer so I made about 450 euros from something that looked like a loss of $10 and more important from a situation where I felt someone scammed me.
hahaha thats a good one. I will take that too

•••
congratulations

you want to learn more on negotiation
read all books you can get hold of
Do you have any books to recommend? I will appreciate it..
Thank you

•••
•••
My first sale was a .co (Founded.co) that I hand registered about 3 months prior for $9 and sold for $3000 via Uniregistry. I would never recommend them however, as that is the only good thing they've ever done and just take take take. Avoid that arrogant and complacent business.

PS well done on the sale, its a good feeling

•••
Congrats on your first sale

•••
Super stuff, keep it up!

•••
Congratulations on your first sale, I have yet to have mine!

•••
Congrats on your first sale!

•••
My first sale felt great, it was actually a developed 4L.com which i sold for $1100

However all my other sales have been so much smaller and ive been chasing that 4 figure sale high ever since

•••
Congratulations, I wish you many many many more sales in future.

•••
WoooHooo! Congratulations! You have something special to be able to accomplish that! Hold on to that quality and nurture it and greater things can and will materialize for you. My first sale was a hand reg that sold about 3 weeks later for $200. It has been game on ever since. I absolutely need domaining in my life!

•••
congrats on the sale....crypto is hot right now lots of money flying around....started a thread here about best names you should post some there.

•••
Congrats on the sale. Rather it's your first sale or your 5,000th sale they all feel good.

•••
Great Going!! @medomain - Let me join the gang on congratulating you on your first sale. Even I am waiting for my first sale since I started domaining (part time) around 2-3 months ago :rolleyes:. Here's wishing You (as well as me :-D) many more sales in the future.

•••
Many congratulations. Hope to see more from you soon. (y)

•••
Congratz on that sale. I remember my first sale. It was here on NP , low amount just xx, but for me was my inspiration to keep on going on domaining. I started domaing 9 months ago, and as you know, like many others, just registered junk, because of my low newbie experience. I decided that domaining was not for me and so on. I am full employed and father and don’t have enough time and money to lose, so I started to think quitting and I almost did. I started to show my low portfolio , just 2 days( 6 months ago) , that was my main idea , and then quit and let them drop. But surprisingly sold one domain. When recieved the funds something in my stomach start to spark and burn, and new questions were singing in my mind, and started to be optimist. A week later sold another for XX$. And then launched again to the industry :)
I started to register new domains with better knowledge, and aftermy first new reg sold 2 weeks later for xxx$, a cryptocurrency .net domain.
And that’s why I am still writting here guys. Nearly one year of domaining, and of course thank to all you who contribute your experienced and advices I am feeling everday wiser and strong in the industry. My portfolio now is nothing special, but far away from the domains I used to register months ago.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back