Dynadot

discuss How long did it take from getting ito Domaining and then selling your First 4 Figure Domain ?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Bhanu Kiran

Established Member
Impact
Hello Guys,
From The point of Getting into Selling Domains , How long did it take for you Guys to Start selling 4 Figure Domain sales or Retail sales ? and how many Domains did you Hold when you sold your first 4 Fig Domain Sale ?

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
#39 https://www.aftermarket.com/highest-domain-sales-of-all-time
#40 https://www.domainholdings.com/recent-sales/highest-domain-sales-of-all-time/

The sale price was $1.3M cash plus $1.3M in stock. The total realized value after selling the stock went well over the $2.2M estimated sale price. The initial offer was $10k. Don’t forget to HODL.

This is an interview with my Unicorn, who had just received $7M in VC funding. It was contingent on getting the domain name:

https://www.domainsherpa.com/steven-boal-coupons-interview/
Cheers ! Nice to Know you had a $2.2M Sale , I think Domainers who entered at 1995's or 2000 's would have made a lot of money and would most likely be millionaires now , It would be Hard to find generic Dictionary Domains today all of them are taken .

Last edited:
•••
Hello Guys,
From The point of Getting into Selling Domains , How long did it take for you Guys to Start selling 4 Figure Domain sales or Retail sales ? and how many Domains did you Hold when you sold your first 4 Fig Domain Sale ?
The time it takes to start selling domains for four figures or more can vary widely depending on factors such as domain quality, market trends, marketing efforts, and negotiation skills. Some domain investors may achieve four-figure sales relatively quickly, while others may take longer.

•••
The time it takes to start selling domains for four figures or more can vary widely depending on factors such as domain quality, market trends, marketing efforts, and negotiation skills. Some domain investors may achieve four-figure sales relatively quickly, while others may take longer.
Yes it Does Vary on Diffrent Factors , right. We want to Know how long it Took for Each of the Domainers so we can have an Idea and a Measure of it . How long did it take for you and How many domains you held when you made your first 4 fig Domain Sale, Kindly Share

Last edited:
•••
I am slow :oops: it took me over 3 years, and many $$ and $$$ sales, before the first $$$$. I did not start with a significant startup investment (less than$100 total), and only used revenue from domains to invest in other domains, so my growth profile was slow.

I started with a portfolio of about 25 in first year, but all low cost discounted acquisitions. As I made money with $$ sales gradually got more, and slightly better, names, but still only $$$ and less sales over next few years.

Without some digging I can't find the precise number of names I had at that time, but I suspect around 250, but many were low quality experiments. It is somewhat sad that the name I first sold just above $1000 has gone utterly unused. The new owner did not even change the DNS settings, so it sits today with the registrar lander I had when I sold it. I am not going to release the name here, but it was a somewhat uncommon, dictionary word, plural .com.

For those starting out, I really support the view expressed by @DrJacoby :

Success in domain investing depends on many subtle skills not all obvious or easy to quickly master. Build up in steps. It was only 2 months after the first $$$$ that I had another 4-figure sale, a short .org name, and the first $2500+ sale came within about a year of that, so while it can seem slow and you doubt yourself reaching that 4-figure plateau, odds are once you reach it it will not be long until you have a number of sales at that range.

It can still seem like a long time between sales, but I have had 8 4-figure sales in the most recent 12 months, but now I have many more domains (about 450 'keeper' and around 800 shorter term one or two year trials). I am still learning each week, and keys to success are discipline, hard work, and always learning.

-Bob
Thanks Bob for this insight and encouragement for those of us still trying to make our first 4 figure sales. Domaining requires patience, acquiring quality names and continuous learning. With my high approval rate at squadhelp, it's evidence my domain picking skill is improving. It just a matter of minutes, hours or days before the sales starts coming.

•••
First 4 figure sale was 6 months in at 4K. Second was 9 months in 5K. A 3rd at 11 months. I consider I got very lucky because I started during a selling boom.

Anyone starting last few years has probably had a harder time.

•••
First 4 figure sale was 6 months in at 4K. Second was 9 months in 5K. A 3rd at 11 months. I consider I got very lucky because I started during a selling boom.

Anyone starting last few years has probably had a harder time.
Was it Before the pandemic (2020) ? was the boom in 2018

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back