NameLot

How good is NameSilo?

Located in Domain Registrar Reviews, started by nixgurus, Jun 19, 2011

Replies:
Views:

1. carob

carob Top Contributor VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

You could have a footnote or asterisk to say this means "Domains active in account" and explain what active status means. Some just might think it meant being in use for a website or other purpose. I understood the meaning of active without explanation but some might not.

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. Kassey Lee

Kassey Lee Grandseeds.com VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

Is Namesilo serious about its new hosting service? I don't see any promotion so I hesitate to give it a try.

3. stub

stub DNStore.com PRO VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

Thank you. So does Active Domains mean Unexpired Domains?

4. namesilo

namesilo Top Member NameSilo Staff VIP Gold Account

Correct. You can simply check your Domain Manager page: https://www.namesilo.com/account_domains.php for the domain status. All domains with the status "active" will count towards your discount tier.

5. DomainBanana

DomainBanana Established Member

I mistakenly auto-renewed a few domains on NameSilo recently and was grateful to discover these renewals could be canceled within a few days of the renewal!

Thank you @namesilo for this great feature.

Only registrar to offer this, as far as I know

Last edited: Sep 2, 2020
  6. Mr. Deleted

Mr. Deleted Slabaugh.com 800-266-2728 VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

They allow email forwarding. But for some domains I use NameCheap's freedns.

7. carob

Has @namesilo started redirecting expired domains?

8. namesilo

Can you clarify what you mean by redirecting? We have been putting up parking pages on expired domains but that hasn't changed for sometime now.

9. carob

Hi the redirects are to other sites, for example on this pattern for the domain example.com:

http://simcast.com/?d=example.com&s=fallback

Simcast says it is a site provided by Parklogic.com, but others go to Sedo and offer the domain for sale, with an affiliate taking a cut - but offering a domain for sale could put it at unwanted UDRP risk if the owner has not actually listed it for sale. Example:

https://sedo.com/search/details/?pa...r_1&utm_medium=Parking&utm_campaign=offerpage

Does Namesilo have a page explaining this process to customers?

10. namesilo

This appears to have been a bug with our parking provider as redirects should not be happening. A fix has been pushed out earlier today. If you encounter any further issues, please let us know on here or at [email protected]. Apologies for any inconveniences caused.

11. Silentptnr

Silentptnr Top Contributor VIP

I like NameSilo a lot. I have used pretty much every registrar and Namesilo is one of my main two registrars. The site is simple, secure and fast. Pricing is good. Also, I like their generous renewal policy as I renew my domains once monthly.

12. lambo.com

lambo.com dnas.com highiq.com VIP Gold Account

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!
NameWorth
  1. NamePros uses cookies and similar technologies. By using this site, you are agreeing to our privacy policy, terms, and use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice