Domain Empire

Is Namesilo any good?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Fushimi

Impact
I am interested in doing business with Namesilo and dynadot? Are they any good? Preferably name silo

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Been using Namesilo for 4 years now. Can't complain about anything. Decent pricing and great service.
Fast support too

•••
I use them both and have never had any problems.

•••
I use them both and have never had any problems.

i agree with your other post where you said sometimes prices aren't everything and one must consider going with what the mahjority goes with. as much as that can be generally a very bad idea in most other areas of life.

in this case, godaddy.

so between dyna and NS, I'd go with godaddy.

•••
Yes Namesilo is very good and great pricing with no club to join.
My two favorite registrars are Godaddy and Namesilo.
Both have a great user interface that are easy to use.

I have used most of the registrars that are out there over the last 17 years and most are more trouble then they are worth. I hate having to call a registrar just to get an updated Auth code and too many are like that these days.

•••
Namesilo just seems so cheap to me... i dont really like the UI. I am started to like name.com!

•••
i agree with your other post where you said sometimes prices aren't everything and one must consider going with what the mahjority goes with. as much as that can be generally a very bad idea in most other areas of life.

in this case, godaddy.

so between dyna and NS, I'd go with godaddy.
I would do the same thing. While I have not had problems at either, they are still what i would call second tier registrars and many potential buyers will not have an account with them. Sure they can set one up, but I like to keep any barrier controlled, no matter how minimal.

•••
case, godaddy.

so between dyna and NS, I'd go with godaddy
go daddy has the worst ui and i hate their constant upselling. Plus I hate their oversexualized marketing and some of their awful practices. Such as hunting.

Namesilo just seems so cheap to me... i dont really like the UI. I am started to like name.com!
yeah I am a fan of name.com and I like the UI. I just like to look for the best deal and I see name.com has some good prices. For like $7.49

I would do the same thing. While I have not had problems at either, they are still what i would call second tier registrars and many potential buyers will not have an account with them. Sure they can set one up, but I like to keep any barrier controlled, no matter how minimal.
what exactly is a second tier registrar?

•••
I have been using NameSilo for a few years and like everything about them. I also use their API. Their prices are great, just over 8 and once in a while they issue $1off coupons, so the price is just over $7. I also like their easy to use platform.

•••
Had never used them earlier.
Just bought a domain there recently and the domain was instantly transferred to my account.
Plus they have a great marketplace @ 7.5% fees and they accept so many payment methods.
Plus their renewal rates are good.

I am begining to love NameSilo, I find them very efficient.

•••
•••
go daddy has the worst ui and i hate their constant upselling. Plus I hate their over sexualized marketing and some of their awful practices. Such as hunting.

I can't imagine an easier UI, but it is completely subjective so I get it. But as for the over sexualized ads, that's one of the main reasons I go there. Please surrender your man card immediately!

what exactly is a second tier registrar?

A registrar that is neither first tier, or third tier.

•••
But as for the over sexualized ads, that's one of the main reasons I go there. Please surrender your man card immediately!
But what if it doesn't appeal to me ;)
A registrar that is neither first tier, or third tier.
GASP! :D
But no I mean what classifies a registrar as first or 2nd or even 3rd.
I've never heard tiers used with any registrar before.

•••
Its my internal classification, it means nothing.

•••
Its my internal classification, it means nothing.
I am curious how you classify them :)

Would name and namecheap be considered first class?

•••
NameSilo has been good to me in the time I have been using them. Fast support, cheap prices and easy to do anything.

I prefer Namecheap and GoDaddy as my 2 main registrars for different reasons, but NameSilo has been good in the short time I have used them.

I've never tried Dynadot, but they also have a solid reputation.

•••
Could not disagree more with you on that one.
Their UI is the easiest.

Are you serious? Mobile UI is hard to find domain management settings. As far as I know not all settings are available in the mobile UI. Then when changing to full version you cannot view more than like three domains at a time in the scroll window which is hard to navigate on your phone. And all that white real estate above the domain listing window(full version)? Move that list frame up GoDaddy!!! Sacrifice your visual aesthetics for a bit more usability.

This is of course coming from someone who is on a laptop/mobile. Maybe larger monitors are better.

Last edited:
•••
I can't imagine an easier UI, but it is completely subjective so I get it. But as for the over sexualized ads, that's one of the main reasons I go there. Please surrender your man card immediately!
Isn't that all in the past? We have a kinder, gentler GoDaddy now!

Group hug?

•••
NameSilo is great, cheap prices and easy to use. Their support is very helpful, and they actually listen to customer feedback and try to make improvements accordingly. Personally I really like their UI. It might look a bit dated, but it's really functional and their system just works.

•••
Didn't use NameSilo yet, but I had been using NameCheap for a good while, then after their UI update, stopped using them currently because their new UI is very unfriendly for more than 5 domains in your account.... no export function... too much whitespace, big web 3.0 graphics, over ajax use, etc.

•••
NameSilo is great, cheap prices and easy to use. Their support is very helpful, and they actually listen to customer feedback and try to make improvements accordingly. Personally I really like their UI. It might look a bit dated, but it's really functional and their system just works.

NameCheaps previous/old UI was also "outdated" but worked, was practical and fast to get tasks done. :( So that's probably whre NameSilo shines... not making stupid UI updats to appear "new and cool" while tossing out useful useability.

•••
Didn't use NameSilo yet, but I had been using NameCheap for a good while, then after their UI update, stopped using them currently because their new UI is very unfriendly for more than 5 domains in your account.... no export function... too much whitespace, big web 3.0 graphics, over ajax use, etc.
I recently opened an account with NameCheap, and although their UI is shiny, it has been a very buggy experience so far. It's difficult to manage/navigate your domains if you have more than a few, certain names added to cart disappear from cart, and checking out with multiple domains always leads to cloudflare "host is down" pages or unsuccessful transactions (checking out only works smoothly with <10 domains - for me at least). It seems like they have sacrificed a lot of functionality in their pursuit of a sleek looking design.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back