NameSilo

Thoughts on Uniregistry?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Christian Taylor

Established Member
Impact
Well,

after thinking about it further, I am really considering Uniregistry. I currently use Namecheap. I'm satisfied with them, but I like how Uniregistry offers free WHOIS protection and a "no BS" approach. They are about $3 cheaper per domain per year, and they have a good mobile app (and Namecheap does not). What are your experiences with Uniregistry? Are they good? Bad? Should I stay with Namecheap?

Also, please don't mention NameSilo or Internet.bs. Yes, I know they are even cheaper than Uniregistry, but a decent panel is also important to me. Uniregistry looks to have a balance of price and panel functionality.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Yes, go for it the platform is so much more seamless. It will be like night, and day, you have nothing to lose.

•••
I forgot to mention Uniregistry has the best mobile app of any domaining company, so that should get you over the hump so to speak.

•••
Their support could be much, much better.

•••
Their support could be much, much better.

And what do you mean by this? I already saw that they don't offer live chat, which I don't like. Namecheap's 24/7 live chat has always been very helpful when I have an issue.

•••
And what do you mean by this? I already saw that they don't offer live chat, which I don't like. Namecheap's 24/7 live chat has always been very helpful when I have an issue.

My complaint is mostly in regards to their market/parking venue, not the registrar itself. Sometimes I had to wait for 5-6 days for their answers, which is ridiculous. I think I even have two unanswered request, but not quite sure, since I gave up.

•••
My complaint is mostly in regards to their market/parking venue, not the registrar itself. Sometimes I had to wait for 5-6 days for their answers, which is ridiculous. I think I even have two unanswered request, but not quite sure, since I gave up.

Ah, I see. I sent them an email asking their sales department a simple question (does existing time transfer over on a domain transfer). I figured that can sort of be a basic test to see if they respond in a timely manner or not.

•••
Uniregistry has one of the best interfaces around. Everything just "works" really well. The mobile app is excellent. Solid support. It all has a nice integration with their marketplace as well.

•••
To be honest, I don't expect I'll have to contact them for my registered domains there so often, if at all. But it is always nice to have top notch support, since you never know what issues could arise.

Personally, I really like Name.com with their clear control panel and speed processing. But their support could be a big issue, hence I rarely use them. But we are all different and I think you should give a chance for many good registrars until you find one that suits you the best.

•••
Update: I did it! I took the leap and transferred my first domain to Uniregistry. For now, I'm keeping the rest of my domains at Namecheap, but if I test it for a while and all goes well, I'll make the transfer for my existing domains. I'll report back in a few weeks with my experience, and if I decide to transfer all to Uniregistry or not.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back