Domain Empire

How do you feel about #'s in a domain to replace letters?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

brandsplant

Impact
Does anyone have any experience or examples selling single word domains with characters switched out with numbers?

Like for instance: go1f.com, hock3y.com, cak3s.com, etc.

I feel like there are definitely instances where this type of domain could be hand registered and then flipped to a company in that industry that is currently using a long or not so great domain name.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Not going to work. You can't use go1f in a radio ad, you can't put it in print or on TV because no one will get it right. They'll type golf or golf1, etc. You would loose far too much traffic.

•••
Yep, I sold one not long ago like that for a low few hundred dollars. Can work.

•••
•••
It's in the sales thread somewhere, O/m/3/n

•••
•••
As in a hack for the spiritual/ghostly stuff?
Yes. I am not sure buyer's future use for it but will probably be something related to the movie or ghosts / paranormal.

•••
Yes. I am not sure buyer's future use for it but will probably be something related to the movie or ghosts / paranormal.

Hmm, I see. I think that's a bit different from what the OP was mentioning though. I mean selling a spiritual type domain with the number 3 (which I think means good luck?) for someones project or just for fun is one thing. But I don't know of any major companies that would want a domain hack to actually advertise their product/service with.

•••
Well I think they bought it because its like the word Omen... but I am not sure what their intended use was.

•••
im not very keen on names with changing the letter to number , had a few one word ones a while back and never did well with them, but that is just my opinion :)

•••
I don't think switching the letter to a number works. I think using a number as a substitute for part of a word can be useful though. I like my G8S.com name, and I refer to it as "gates". I've got a couple of others. I see quite a few sites replace "to" and "for" with the number 2 and 4 as well.

•••
0nly 1f y0u w4nn4 b3 4 c00l h4ck3r

•••
I brought 0ak on NP for low $xxx, and sold for $3,600 after few years, but I am pretty sure it sold because it was 3 character domain.

•••
I brought 0ak on NP for low $xxx, and sold for $3,600 after few years, but I am pretty sure it sold because it was 3 character domain.
I think it's a combo of both. Short 3C + looks like a word.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back