NameSilo

How do i transfer domains to my buyers

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hi

What are the necessary steps on transferring my domains after I sell them.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Where are these domains registered at?

•••
Most registrars allow free domain pushes to other accounts. The buyer can also choose a registrar and then send a domain transfer request. You will then have to unlock your domain.

•••
registered at
1 and 1
yahoo
i power

•••
I know 1and1 and yahoo make it pretty tough to transfer. I am unfamiliar with ipower.

•••
With Yahoo, you have to pay to have it transfered to another account - It's not free.

With 1 and 1, I believe they have free transfer to another account there, but it's a huge assle I hear.

If your talking about ipowerweb.com, it looks like a Hosting site. In that case, you most likely will have to pay for a transfer also.

•••
how much do i have to pay?

•••
Depends on which register you want to transfer it to. Enom is $8.88 for a transfer, Godaddy is about $8.20 (?) without coupons. It really depends on which transfer you want to transfer it to I guess.

•••
last time I asked, yahoo does not have the ability to transfer to another one at yahoo, but you can transfer to different registar for free.

•••
I think with those two companies, the best way is for the new owner to request a transfer of the sites to his own registar.

Regards,

•••
I have no problems with Yahoo and the transfer was done in less than 7 days.

As simple as unlock the domain in Yahoo, place the transfer order at GoDaddy, confirm the process through an email they sent to the administrative contact email, introduce an authorization number generated through GoDaddy and they did all the job.

This was for a dot.com, some other extension like info require an authorization code usually available through the original registrar.

transfer currently $6.95 + Icann
no coupon needed

•••
can I transfer my domain (in yahoo) to my buyer (in sedo)? Is this possible? Please help Thanks!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back