Dynadot

hostgator reseller hosting and cpu use

Located in Web Hosting Discussion started by okapi, Jun 9, 2010.

Replies:
Views:

1. okapi

okapi Established Member

I'm considering Hostgator's reseller hosting, but I can't understand what happen if a single account uses too much cpu:

Hostgator will close that single resold account or the whole reseller account?

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. XeHSean

XeHSean Established Member

You should double check with them exactly what their policy is. Most providers will simply suspend the single account

3. iHubNet-Matt

iHubNet-Matt Established Member

As said they will only suspend the account that has violated their ToS not the entire reseller account.

4. Entrepreneur888

Entrepreneur888 Established Member

Hostgator

Do you mean bandwidth? You can set the options to limit the amount of bandwidth used by any individual account, if it goes over it just shuts down that one domain.

Hostgator has great service, just click on the live chat option if you have any questions.

5. ldcdc

ldcdc Established Member

CPU usage worries make sense. Any successful reseller hosting provider (and Hostgator is one) can only have one policy, and that is to suspend only the end user account that causes trouble.

6. WebIntellects - Rob

WebIntellects - Rob Established Member

If you are starting use to much CPU I think you need to start thinking about VPS.

7. XeHSean

I don't think he has a CPU problem right now - I think he is simply inquiring about the consequences if he does face one in the future.

8. AstoundingDesigns

AstoundingDesigns Established Member

Go to Hostgator.com and click live help. They are awesome with customer service and have a bunch of live help techs. They'll be able to answer every question correctly for you.

9. SiberForum

SiberForum Established Member

I suppose that is the best suggestion in here. Only they will be able to give you the most correct answer

10. WebIntellects - Rob

In any case he wants to be aware of that and possible troubles.

11. forchins

forchins New Member

No! I had same problem.
    And hostgator block all my cpanel accounts.

12. JulainKeller

JulainKeller Account Auto-Closed

I think they will only suspend that particular account. Still if you are not sure, contact the support person on that company and confirm it. Its better to take care of your account and never violate the TOS.

13. ldcdc

ldcdc Established Member

Was this due to CPU over usage? There's more than one reason for account suspensions. Also, if a reseller doesn't put any effort in weeding out "bad" customers, with their end user accounts often needing to be suspended due to spam, or other illegal activities, there may come a point when the provider will have to deal with the reseller in a more direct manner.

14. WebIntellects - Rob

In any case you need apply to your web hosting provider for explanations.

15. shaelheart

shaelheart Established Member

It is a well-settled rule that a VPS is a better option than a reseller account. Hostgator has introduced a new vps offer. You might want to avail of this. The price is just competitive.

16. XeHSean

Not necessarily, it depends what the OP is looking for in his hosting experience.

17. TechGuy1

TechGuy1 Account Closed

Hostgator is great I am sure they will help you find a proper solution

18. WebIntellects - Rob

I agree with you. However for the end user you may see a huge diffrence in the price also.

19. Thunderan

Thunderan New Member

I would suggest you not to focus your attention on one company and consider more hosts because the web hosting market is becoming more and more competitive and there are many offers that are cheap.
    You should be experienced enough in web hosting business before starting providing hosting services.

20. WebIntellects - Rob

Good suggestion and I'm fully agree with you regarding that. However a lot of people still believe that only one web hosting company is trusted and do not wish to lokk around and seek for the alternatives. Sad..

21. wayne_chance

wayne_chance Established Member

Gator is okay, there are so annoying things such as their constant spam on my sites. That's just rude and enough for me to leave.
    Also the other crap in the control panel. On the other had they do have to protect they reputation and are very rich so you figure that hosting is really cheap en mase while the little guy has a long way to go.

22. WebIntellects - Rob

What do you mean bu the spam on your site? Can you please tell us more about that?

23. CrocWeb

CrocWeb Established Member

Why don't you contact HostGator sales and ask them this question directly. Their live chat is 24/7 so go ahead.

24. WebIntellects - Rob

It seems he has already got an explanation from hostgator now.

25. wayne_chance

wayne_chance Established Member

"What do you mean bu the spam on your site? Can you please tell us more about that?"

Even though i have my own seo components on my web, gator seems to be always behind it, some 404 show up but other go to the HOST GATOR spam, seemed to on certain site, so hard to control. I sure there is way through.
    I like to change all my dns so if there is no page there it will go to gator spam page. They make money like this no doubt, some registrar do this too. google search netfirms.ca you see what i mean.
    The other thing is the control panel with gator is littered with other spammy offers, that i would avoid activating such attract that turned out be a big head ach to remove.

On the up side that is their custom control panel. the basic control panel has some bugs that you don't notice for some time so i think gator fixes this for you. Which in the long run saves them money too because any bugs take a lot of support to fix.

Gator a good choice too because they have so much to lose if they service is bad. So i was way over my nodes but they don't care, they have to stick to their unlimited. speed was not bad, but it is inconsistent.
    Accord to google web aps my site where consistently running below average speed.

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!