Dynadot

Holo vs VR vs MR vs AR vs any other reality (All realities)

NameSilo
Watch

VRdommy

Top Member
Impact
Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
As I have stated, we have a coming battle over terminology, and it's not going to be pretty.
But I do wish for all of us that it happens sooner than later so we will have some normalization of potential keywords and values.

•••
@NamePov But you are right about the temporary effect on search, and these names will likely have value for a short time at least, but be prepared to cash in on them while you can!

•••
@NamePov But you are right about the temporary effect on search, and these names will likely have value for a short time at least, but be prepared to cash in on them while you can!

I will be snatching peoples hands off :ROFL:

•••
Names with 100k Exact Match Each Month in 2017.

VRGamesAndroid.com
VRVideosDownload.com
VRBoxVideo.com
CardboardApk.com
VRxxxFilms.com

Now For Sale.
No exactly so...
https://trends.google.com/trends/explore?q=vr games android,vr videos download,vr box video
Better to compare them to a baseline of commonality. Like this for better understanding...
https://trends.google.com/trends/explore?q=vr games android,vr videos download,vr box video,vr

This is not the place to sell your names. But you are welcome to talk about them.

Last edited:
•••
•••
This guy made a good point:-

8zedqv.jpg

From an investing pov just be sure to not have all your eggs in 1 basket, if majority of your eggs are in 1 basket that’s fair enough; just make sure you have some investments in other areas where there’s a chance you may be able to recover enough money back and at least break even from the areas that you lost.

Good luck everyone (y)

•••

8zedqv.jpg

From an investing pov just be sure to not have all your eggs in 1 basket, if majority of your eggs are in 1 basket that’s fair enough; just make sure you have some investments in other areas where there’s a chance you may be able to recover enough money back and at least break even from the areas that you lost.

Good luck everyone (y)

Truth is though you could probably screen print 20 differen't pages of those comments and they will all give some good cases.

I think by now though, with VR already going mainstream, facebook building an AR platform & Microsoft building a MR platform all three terms will have a play.

We also have to remember that some of those comments have been made by members who post in this very forum lol

But good advice about not having all eggs in one basket ;)

Last edited:
•••
You guys take the AR vs VR vs MR vs XR vs Holo vs ............ to a whole new level.... :xf.eek:

:xf.laugh::ROFL::wacky::woot:

•••
Truth is though you could probably screen print 20 differen't pages of those comments and they will all give some good cases.

I think by now though, with VR already going mainstream, facebook building an AR platform & Microsoft building a MR platform all three terms will have a play.

We also have to remember that some of those comments have been made by members who post in this very forum lol

But good advice about not having all eggs in one basket ;)

Really? Even on Scoble’s Facebook profile? It’s hard to get a neutral point of view isn’t it?

Was searching for some terms on Twitter a couple days ago and saw a person on here, replying to himself to back-himself up on another profile they created.

Each to their own I guess, but the lengths people go to :xf.eek:

•••
Personally, I don't care if one person, influential as they might be, says XR/MR/AR/TR/HOLO is the future. Listen to these guys but don't follow them as if their words are gospel or scripture. They are not fortune tellers or time travellers as far as I know. :xf.rolleyes:

•••
360VRCam(s) / 360VR .Camera

Yi 360 VR Camera First Look — Live Stream Ready VR Camera

Last edited:
•••
Really? Even on Scoble’s Facebook profile? It’s hard to get a neutral point of view isn’t it?

Was searching for some terms on Twitter a couple days ago and saw a person on here, replying to himself to back-himself up on another profile they created.

Each to their own I guess, but the lengths people go to :xf.eek:

Yea, crazy!

And people recently paying xx,xxx prices for names as investments..

This tech domaining is surely taking people to places they wont go regularly.

•••
•••

8zedqv.jpg

Good luck everyone (y)
Goes right to the heart of what I have said from the beginning.
There is a difference in:

what it is (the truth),
what it is named (marketing),
and what it is referred to as (search).

...One of these things is not like the others.....(cue the music)

Your mileage may vary.

Last edited:
•••
Yea, crazy!

And people recently paying xx,xxx prices for names as investments..

This tech domaining is surely taking people to places they wont go regularly.

*Wipes spit off face*

For in my opinion (and looking at Google trends) one of the top 3 VR keywords. Time will tell if I made a mistake or not, but I’m fairly confident when i look at the VR market and what domains are selling for, if I put that domain into auction right now (interest solely from other domainers) I’d make money.

Then there's potential income from development with that name and potential future worth, hence why I went for it.

Good luck with your investments.

Last edited:
•••
*Wipes spit off face*

For in my opinion (and looking at Google trends) one of the top 3 VR keywords. Time will tell if I made a mistake or not, but I’m fairly confident when i look at the VR market and what domains are selling for, if I put that domain into auction right now (interest solely from other domainers) I’d make money.

Then there's potential income from development with that name and potential future worth, hence why I went for it.

Good luck with your investments.

;) never said you wont make money out of it, but its still going all in :)

•••
As I have stated, we have a coming battle over terminology, and it's not going to be pretty.
But I do wish for all of us that it happens sooner than later so we will have some normalization of potential keywords and values.

That's why we should all agree that's it's going to be VR & MR (& the occasional 'virtual') :xf.wink: lol

•••
Interesting take on AR vs VR from Forbes and I have always agreed it is not 'VS' thing.
https://www.forbes.com/sites/nikkib...shoppers-and-vr-is-for-business/#1a522254618f
But the writer is certainly not aware of all the application possibilities, but enough to explain it to those that know nothing.

Some of the formats will be a while in getting in and onto some heads.
A lot can happen over a stretch of time. Including more/new words.
But it may be the content to decide some/most things one way or the other.
But I can see some resentment from consumers for purist views on this.

•••
•••
•••
Great progression for adult entertainment and video capturing in general

Just wondering, does anyone see Volumetric VR becoming a commonly used term and potentially being abbreviated to VVR? Or is this likely to be one used by those involved in the tech, that the general public never really hears about?

•••
Just wondering, does anyone see Volumetric VR becoming a commonly used term and potentially being abbreviated to VVR? Or is this likely to be one used by those involved in the tech, that the general public never really hears about?

When you can walk around in a video maybe consumers will shorten it to vr 3d video. Would be great because i have some vr3d domains like vr3dp**** and vr3dtube.

•••
Acquired: LightfieldGroup(.)com

•••
When you can walk around in a video maybe consumers will shorten it to vr 3d video. Would be great because i have some vr3d domains like vr3dp**** and vr3dtube.

Yeah 3D is another way people may describe the experience. I expect in a few years all these new variations will simply be taken for granted and classed as VR, like we don't say colour TV or widescreen anymore. It will be interesting to see what terms, if any, catch on in the short term.

•••
It is what I call a transparent tech.
It's there and does neat things for you but not a needed reference term to describe those things that it is in.
Except whereas you are describing how it works.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back