IT.COM

Holo vs VR vs MR vs AR vs any other reality (All realities)

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

VRdommy

Top Member
Impact
Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I think Microsoft are ok with MR lol..

https://github.com/Microsoft/MRDesignLabs

I'm not saying you're completely wrong but I think they're just shortening the name out of necessity on the webpage/poster. TBH, I think you're stretching it a bit if you're pointing to that as evidence that startups, adult sites, joe public etc. are going to be comfortable using 'MR'. I mean they might, but Microsoft shortening their own mixed reality name to MR on a webpage or a graphic doesn't signal it really.

•••
I'm not saying you're completely wrong but I think they're just shortening the name out of necessity on the webpage/poster. TBH, I think you're stretching it a bit if you're pointing to that as evidence that startups, adult sites, joe public etc. are going to be comfortable using 'MR'. I mean they might, but Microsoft shortening their own mixed reality name to MR on a webpage or a graphic doesn't signal it really.

It shows that "MR" is still the abbreviation of choice though imo

All these tech's pretty much get abbreviated.

If you watch the magic leap video from 1:16 you will see it say "something ronny call"s MR"

Last edited:
•••
:ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:

Graphics? Webpage? Are you real? Lol

Im not saying it means everyone will brand with it but its not because of graphics problem mate.

•••
For those interested in the talk it starts at 33.30

•••
•••
Was just having a think about what Scoble said about Microsoft deeming their new VR headset ‘Mixed Reality’ and how it’s basically messed things even more as it contradicts what ‘Mixed Reality’ is.

I’ve not really read enough about this, so maybe you Mixed Reality investors who are more up to scratch can tell me more. But is there a chance Microsoft is not promoting the term ‘Mixed Reality’ how you and other people within the industry think? And just promoting Mixed Reality as sort of a marketing term for their own technologies and devices (trying to stand out from the crowd)?

Obviously if they are just promoting it for themselves, then I think that’s bad news for ‘Mixed Reality’ as a term. I don’t think it’s unfair to say a big part of Mixed Reality’s future (as a term) is riding with Microsoft. If they are promoting ‘Mixed Reality’ as a whole new tech though, then that’s better news.

But if that’s the case what is them deeming their VR headset a ‘Mixed Reality headset’ all about?
I believe I said that way before scoble. But, as I said a few pages ago...
Truth is what it is.
Marketing names it.
People still will have their REFERENCE as used in search.
Truth or marketing has nothing to do with domains. Even though we would all like to think so because many times it is true and marketed and referred to as the same. But the confusion seed has been planted and I see nothing but resentment in the eyes of the consumer the louder this battle becomes..
I know @NamesBond owns Holo 360 (.com) (y)
Holo4D (2014)
Where-o-where is @NamesBond !

Well, Acer really played a move here...
A 360 VR cam named HOLO 360 ! I think the marketing on this was made before MS's WMR move.
I don't think you could jam more keywords in there by description. I hope it is a good product.
I notice, it's not 3D so the immersion will be missing in VR.
http://www.androidauthority.com/acer-holo-360-vr-camera-767808/

•••
I have to correct myself... That was 4Dholo in my port.
It's almost as bad as trying to bid on names you own...LOL...

•••
Was just having a think about what Scoble said about Microsoft deeming their new VR headset ‘Mixed Reality’ and how it’s basically messed things even more as it contradicts what ‘Mixed Reality’ is.

I’ve not really read enough about this, so maybe you Mixed Reality investors who are more up to scratch can tell me more. But is there a chance Microsoft is not promoting the term ‘Mixed Reality’ how you and other people within the industry think? And just promoting Mixed Reality as sort of a marketing term for their own technologies and devices (trying to stand out from the crowd)?

Obviously if they are just promoting it for themselves, then I think that’s bad news for ‘Mixed Reality’ as a term. I don’t think it’s unfair to say a big part of Mixed Reality’s future (as a term) is riding with Microsoft. If they are promoting ‘Mixed Reality’ as a whole new tech though, then that’s better news.

But if that’s the case what is them deeming their VR headset a ‘Mixed Reality headset’ all about?

I think it's a bit of both. Their long term intention was to provide the operating system to power VR headsets, AR headsets, and everything in between (and the headsets/glasses will obviously evolve to do everything). Microsoft missed the smartphone market completely, and they're determined not to make the same mistake for the devices that are eventually going to replace both the smartphone and the pc. I think their use of the term 'windows mixed reality' is to make clear it can do everything from AR to VR. The first 'windows mixed reality' headsets evidently are 99% VR headsets. This is probably the reason why they switched the name from holographic, because clearly VR is not at the moment 'holographic'. But it will be when VR is captured and played through Light Field technology. They could switch back to 'Windows Holographic' in an instant.

The same reasoning really with yet another VR product being branded 'holo' - the Holo360. First of all, it does it sound a little better to most ears than 'MR 360', and unlike an operating system, a hardware product brand can't so easily change it's name with the weather. Acer probably expect Holo360 v.3.0 to be shooting in light field and able to capture 'holograms' for whatever type of headset or goggles in 2020.

Last edited:
•••
I think it's a bit of both. Their long term intention was to provide the operating system to power VR headsets, AR headsets, and everything in between (and the headsets/glasses will obviously evolve to do everything). Microsoft missed the smartphone market completely, and they're determined not to make the same mistake for the devices that are eventually going to replace both the smartphone and the pc. I think their use of the term 'windows mixed reality' is to make clear it can do everything from AR to VR. The first 'windows mixed reality' headsets evidently are 99% VR headsets. This is probably the reason why they switched the name from holographic, because clearly VR is not at the moment 'holographic'. But it will be when VR is captured and played through Light Field technology. They could switch back to 'Windows Holographic' in an instant.

The same reasoning really with yet another VR product being branded 'holo' - the Holo360. First of all, it does it sound a little better to most ears than 'Mister 360', and unlike an operating system, a hardware product brand can't so easily change it's name with the weather. Acer probably expect Holo360 v.3.0 to be shooting in light field and able to capture 'holograms' for whatever type of headset or goggles in 2020.

Yea , i think they will change it again to Windows Holographic:xf.wink:..

Last edited:
•••

It's funny I have so many Holo names and I own Lightfield360 and Volumetric360 but I don't have any holo+360 names. I can't remember if I tried to register Holo360 and NamesBond beat me to it (if it was a hand reg).

•••
Yea , i think they will change it again to Windows Holographic..

Well, as you say, we'll just have to see how it all plays out. As you know I have quite a few good MR/mixed reality names, so I'm happy whatever. I just hope this tech takes off soon and we can all become very rich.

•••
Well, as you say, we'll just have to see how it all plays out. As you know I have quite a few good MR/mixed reality names, so I'm happy whatever. I just hope this tech takes off soon and we can all become very rich.

btw , i do believe Holo names will have demand anyways..

•••

I just hope we all get rich before this tech takes off. I can't wait as long as the 15 - 20 years @KingslayerVR advised us it will take :xf.frown:

He should change his name to MRslayer :xf.laugh:

•••

I

Holo4D (2014)
Where-o-where is @NamesBond !

Well, Acer really played a move here...
A 360 VR cam named HOLO 360 ! I think the marketing on this was made before MS's WMR move.
I don't think you could jam more keywords in there by description. I hope it is a good product.
I notice, it's not 3D so the immersion will be missing in VR.
http://www.androidauthority.com/acer-holo-360-vr-camera-767808/

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz... I just woke up from my nap... Whadidi miss???

Oh, is that all... ;)

Acer's new Holo 360 is a 360-degree camera in a smartphone

So, just a hypothetical... If someone came knockin', what would be YOUR asking price?

Last edited:
•••
•••
regged couple holo things lately... kinda like them..

HolographicHost .com
HoloCreation .com
HolographicPhotos .com

•••
I just hope we all get rich before this tech takes off. I can't wait as long as the 15 - 20 years @KingslayerVR advised us it will take :xf.frown:

If it is any indicator, This may be my busiest month I have 'ever had' with domains.
And I have been doing it quite a while. It's been a lot like the busy you see when a name sells big and everything like it gets offers but I see no big sales and it seems continuous.
I only hope it does not stop.

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz... I just woke up from my nap... Whadidi miss???

Oh, is that all... ;)

Acer's new Holo 360 is a 360-degree camera in a smartphone

So, just a hypothetical... If someone came knockin', what would be YOUR asking price?

I might start off with a higher number but I certainly would let it go at over 20k.
I know others will want more, but they don't really have a absolute need for it and if there is a TM, and I'm sure there is, it will limit what someone else can do it so you can't overplay your hand here.
A bird in the hand....

Last edited:
•••
BTW... Congrat's Guys and Gals on 100 Pages !
Thanks everyone for making this a premium place to talk the issues of our names !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

•••
Just some 360 sales now i am not comparing these sales to holo but just to show some prices 360 are going for

Showing first 100 matches:

Domain name Date Price Broker
360.com
February2015 $ 17,000,000.00 USD Vodafone
local360.com
January2012 $ 51,000.00 USD AfterNIC
trade360.com
April 2014 $ 42,500.00 USD AfterNIC/GoDaddy
lab360.com
April 2015 $ 40,000.00 USD DomainProducts/Sedo
trip360.com
April 2016 $ 35,000.00 USD Uniregistry
football360.com
June 2008 $ 33,000.00 USD Private sale
2360.com
December2015 $ 27,577.00 USD NameJet auction
360.org
September2010 $ 25,500.00 USD Sedo
bible360.com
July 2011 $ 20,000.00 USD Sedo
engineering360.com
September2014 $ 19,500.00 USD DomainProducts
xbox360achievements.com
August2008 $ 17,800.00 USD Moniker
iq360.com
November2013 $ 16,000.00 USD
360power.com
March2014 $ 15,000.00 USD Sedo
christian360.com
February2012 $ 15,000.00 USD Sedo
electronics360.com
April 2013 $ 15,000.00 USD Private sale
latitude360.com
April 2012 $ 15,000.00 USD Uniregistry
med360.com
May 2011 $ 15,000.00 USD Sedo
money360.com
September2010 $ 15,000.00 USD Sedo
applied360.com
December2015 $ 13,500.00 USD Uniregistry
spectrum360.com
January2016 $ 13,500.00 USD DomainProducts
ac360.com
March2008 $ 12,901.00 USD Sedo
360eye.com
January2014 $ 12,500.00 USD AfterNIC/GoDaddy
is360.com
September2014 $ 12,500.00 USD
360.de
October2009 € 7,700.00 EUR Sedo auction
mobile360.com
May 2011

•••
Just some 360 sales now i am not comparing these sales to holo but just to show some prices 360 are going for
Showing first 100 matches:
Not to many keywords in this new media I have not studied like that a long time ago but while the term 360 is a good one for new media, hardly any of those 360 names are relative to any media.
Just some perspective.

•••

I was just going by Facebook's press conference and what they said 20-30 years, not my own thoughts :xf.laugh:

https://futurism.com/facebook-engin...d-reality-will-replace-smartphones-in-5-years

======
Widespread adoption, however, would take a few more years. “20 or 30 years from now, I predict that instead of carrying stylish smartphones everywhere, we’ll wear stylish glasses,” claimed Abrash. “Those glasses will offer [virtual reality], AR, and everything in between, and we’ll use them all day.”
=====

If i thought it was all going to take that long i wouldn't bother investing, i might be dead by then
rip-grave.gif

•••
Not to many keywords in this new media I have not studied like that a long time ago but while the term 360 is a good one for new media, hardly any of those 360 names are relative to any media.
Just some perspective.
Lol everytime i get an alert and says vrdommy has quoted you i always feel like i am back at school being called into the principals office to please explain lol

•••
Lol everytime i get an alert and says vrdommy has quoted you i always feel like i am back at school being called into the principals office to please explain lol

•••
•••

Great video.

"You just put the Hololens on and then you scan the staircase"

I have anticipated for this way of working with ScanMR in king.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back