Domain Empire

Holo vs VR vs MR vs AR vs any other reality (All realities)

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

VRdommy

Top Member
Impact
Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I’m not too bad at negotiating when actually in negotiations (buying or selling) what I’m not the best at is going hunting myself for potential buyers.

If a broker can find a potential buyer for a domain I wouldn’t have found myself, then they deserve their cut in my opinion – That’s why I’m looking for a proper broker, who goes all out trying find potential buyers (browsing/e-mails/on the phone) as you say a proper salesmen.

Not a marketplace one, like I said just e-mailing previous bidders on the marketplace they represent and taking 24 hours each reply.

I’m not looking to sell my very best names yet, but domains I would regard as 4 and half stars out 5 if you know what I mean, that I think could go for $5k-$10k.

Last edited:
•••
I’m not too bad at negotiating when actually in negotiations (buying or selling) what I’m not the best at is going hunting myself for potential buyers.

If a broker can find a potential buyer for a domain I wouldn’t have found myself, then they deserve their cut in my opinion – That’s why I’m looking for a proper broker, who goes all out trying find potential buyers (browsing/e-mails/on the phone) as you say a proper salesmen.

Not a marketplace one, like I said just e-mailing previous bidders on the marketplace they represent and taking 24 hours each reply.

I’m not looking to sell my very best names yet, but domains I would regard as 4 and half stars out 5 if you know what I mean, that I think could go for $5k-$10k.
Not trying to say their cut is not worth it.
But when you don't know them, it's hard to know if they are acting in your best interest.
Sometimes, that does not matter if you are just looking for a 'x' ROI.
Some of the DLS's have brokerage teams where you offer up a higher commission and anyone in the team looks for potential buyer (end-user or investor) with your target price to get that commission.
Perhaps you should try that, for that level of names.
IMO that is more effective for branding names. Not generics. As I said, it's hard to generate interest for generics where it is not there yet. 2 years from now there will be 3x as many co's in the field in need.
Generics are the last to obtain the big bucks in the flow of it.
When everyone is spending more in marketing than R&D.
Pick a handful of names and go to a dls and talk to the broker team. Try it ! Find out !

Edit:
What attract brokers in a list of names to be sold is a name they think they can move and a good commission for motivation and potential of the name (in their eyes).
Not everything gets action even if it is actionable because it still is a matter of opinion.

Last edited:
•••

I don't think any broker you find will know more about VR and the potential customers than you know yourself. For a broker that is not interested in VR it is too much information to take in I think.

•••
Just doing a search for keywords i have in .com and saw this article which as been posted today:-

https://venturebeat.com/2017/04/23/the-reality-of-ma-for-augmented-and-virtual-reality/

"The two sectors with lowest barriers to entry and the highest number of startups are VR video and VR games"

arvr-ma-guest-post-1.png

•••
•••
•••
Handreg in king:

BoatMR

Short and brandable domain.

Domain Status Deleted And Available Again
Whois History 26 records have been archived since 2012-07-14
IP History 9 changes on 8 unique IP addresses over 5 years
Registrar History 2 registrars with 1 drop

boating.com January 2010 $ 250,000.00 USD AfterNIC
boatsforsale.com May 2013 $ 162,500.00 USD Uniregistry
sailboat.com November 2006 $ 120,000.00 USD Moniker
boatusa.com September 2008 $ 100,000.00 USD SnapNames
boatloans.com January 2012 $ 64,000.00 USD Uniregistry
boats.org September 2006 $ 50,249.00 USD SnapNames
boatingindustry.com July 2011 $ 25,000.00 USD AfterNIC
boatlicense.com September 2010 $ 21,000.00 USD Moniker
boaters.com November 2004 $ 17,607.00 USD
pontoonboats.com May 2014 $ 16,055.00 USD NameJet
boattransport.com February 2014 $ 16,000.00 USD AfterNIC/GoDaddy
allboats.com October 2007 $ 15,000.00 USD AfterNIC
lakepowellhouseboats.com May 2016 $ 15,000.00 USD Uniregistry
hotboat.com January 2011 $ 14,433.00 USD NameJet
fiberglassboats.com January 2007 $ 14,000.00 USD
boatinglicense.com November 2009 $ 12,000.00 USD
buyboats.com March 2017 $ 11,350.00 USD

Going to list this one for 12k.

Last edited:
•••
•••
Handreg in king:

CatchMR (Pokemon Go)

Whois History 9 records have been archived since 2008-12-30
IP History 4 changes on 4 unique IP addresses over 8 years
Registrar History 1 registrar

Enough sales listed at dnpric.es to reg this one and put for sale at 1,5k.

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
•••
I do have RacingMR (.com) that I was going to let expire in a few days.

Definitely considering if it should be one I take off my drop list now.

RaceMR(.)com here no drop :)

•••
•••
RaceMR(.)com here no drop :)

Solid name Elad :xf.wink:

Decided I will still let my name RacingMR drop.

Trying to downsize to just my best names and sometimes that means letting go of names where there is a little hesitation in deciding whether to renew or not.

•••
Solid name Elad :xf.wink:

Decided I will still let my name RacingMR drop.

Trying to downsize to just my best names and sometimes that means letting go of names where there is a little hesitation in deciding whether to renew or not.
1 decision made 2000 to go lol but it's so hard to work out what to keep and what to drop doing the same myself mate

•••
1 decision made 2000 to go lol but it's so hard to work out what to keep and what to drop doing the same myself mate

:ROFL:

If my wife had her way I would be dropping all of my names :xf.eek:

She thinks I should of married Robert Scoble, I think she's grown concerned by the amount of screenshots she came across on my phone with the name Robert Scoble :xf.laugh:

Last edited:
•••
Handreg in king:

BoatMR

Short and brandable domain.

Whois History 26 records have been archived since 2012-07-14
IP History 9 changes on 8 unique IP addresses over 5 years
Registrar History 2 registrars with 1 drop

boating.com January 2010 $ 250,000.00 USD AfterNIC
boatsforsale.com May 2013 $ 162,500.00 USD Uniregistry
sailboat.com November 2006 $ 120,000.00 USD Moniker
boatusa.com September 2008 $ 100,000.00 USD SnapNames
boatloans.com January 2012 $ 64,000.00 USD Uniregistry
boats.org September 2006 $ 50,249.00 USD SnapNames
boatingindustry.com July 2011 $ 25,000.00 USD AfterNIC
boatlicense.com September 2010 $ 21,000.00 USD Moniker
boaters.com November 2004 $ 17,607.00 USD
pontoonboats.com May 2014 $ 16,055.00 USD NameJet
boattransport.com February 2014 $ 16,000.00 USD AfterNIC/GoDaddy
allboats.com October 2007 $ 15,000.00 USD AfterNIC
lakepowellhouseboats.com May 2016 $ 15,000.00 USD Uniregistry
hotboat.com January 2011 $ 14,433.00 USD NameJet
fiberglassboats.com January 2007 $ 14,000.00 USD
boatinglicense.com November 2009 $ 12,000.00 USD
buyboats.com March 2017 $ 11,350.00 USD

Going to list this one for 12k.
Respectfully,
I see no relationship of your hand reg and the names you are comparing.
Let me explain my position...
If BoatMR is a computer experience, (guessing it is the only play)
Which of those quoted sales is a computer driven experience ?
There is no commonality to your comparison except keyword BOAT.
Would boatfork or boatspoon be worth 12k ?
The name would not be used in the boating industry but computer software industry.
Find names in that category to compare. Then you have some good data to support a price.

Using quoted sales to support a price comes from the concept of how broad or rich a industry is for the likelihood of a sale in that range. That someone else 'may' be interested in that range.
But you have to compare in the same industry.
One of those comparing names is a finance name, one is a geo, a few are generic and many are item specific to boats not software. Most of those comparing names have high seo or natural traffic value for the boating industry.
Your name would be best compared with boat sim software names.

•••
•••
Just a peek at the offer views I've had on sedo this month so far.
69 with the top 5 getting 35 of those. But normal names looked at, just higher level of interest.
Last month, 45 with the top 5 getting 23.
But a definite uptrend across the board for the last 2 months. 6 days to go on this one.
No other platforms I list at provide those 'offer view' insights to gauge general interest.

•••
Respectfully,
I see no relationship of your hand reg and the names you are comparing.
Let me explain my position...
If BoatMR is a computer experience, (guessing it is the only play)
Which of those quoted sales is a computer driven experience ?
There is no commonality to your comparison except keyword BOAT.
Would boatfork or boatspoon be worth 12k ?
The name would not be used in the boating industry but computer software industry.
Find names in that category to compare. Then you have some good data to support a price.

Using quoted sales to support a price comes from the concept of how broad or rich a industry is for the likelihood of a sale in that range. That someone else 'may' be interested in that range.
But you have to compare in the same industry.
One of those comparing names is a finance name, one is a geo, a few are generic and many are item specific to boats not software. Most of those comparing names have high seo or natural traffic value for the boating industry.
Your name would be best compared with boat sim software names.

Boats are a perfect fit for mixed reality.

Customer can go to a MR boat designer and make together realtime adjustments in design / layout.

Mixed reality will not be only used for playing games and video like VR.

Last edited:
•••
Added:
MixedReality.cam
AugmentedReality.cam

More sites are using .cam extension

3D360 .Cam / 3D360 .Video / VR3D360

Google and Yi launch Halo, next-generation Jump camera rig for shooting 3D 360 video

Introduced in 2015, Google is today announcing the next generation of Jump cameras for capturing 3D 360 video. The Yi Halo features 17 4K cameras, while Google is also launching the Jump Start program to get more devices into the hands of filmmakers.

The marquee feature of the Halo, made by Xiaomi-backed brand Yi, is its portability, weighing less than 8 pounds. There are 16 cameras arranged in a ring with a new ‘Up’ camera facing upward to better fully capture a scene.

Read more: https://9to5google.com/2017/04/24/google-yi-halo-jump-camera-3d-360/

Last edited:
•••
Boats are a perfect fit for mixed reality.

Customer can go to a MR boat designer and make together realtime adjustments in design / layout.

Mixed reality will not be only used for playing games and video like VR.
Agreed. It was not the subject of my statement.
Pricing the name by comparing to sales of BOAT Industry names was.
Nobody who bought or ever bid on one of those names would be interested in a GAME NAME/Engineering.
You can not use them to make a case for pricing.

Last edited:
•••
Agreed. It was not the subject of my statement.
Pricing the name by comparing to sales of BOAT Industry names was.
Nobody who bought or ever bid on one of those names would be interested in a GAME NAME/Engineering.
You can not use them to make a case for pricing.

I ques we can not agree on everything. But that's the point of a forum to discus and share idea's.

BoatMR was a handreg for $8,6. I am listing this domain for 12k because i can send them a list of dnpric.es and at least have some real facts about the asking price. I am not selling candy or a simple app related game, there are a lot of rich people / money evolved / competition in this boating business. I can not 1 on 1 compare the historic prices of boat domains but this is because MR and even VR domains still have to prove themself... it's so early with the market, everything is possible in my opinium, good or bad wise.

Last edited:
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back