NameSilo

Holo vs VR vs MR vs AR vs any other reality (All realities)

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

VRdommy

Top Member
Impact
Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
nice recent vr sale not mine..sorry forgot peice middish 4fig com

vrobotics
That's interesting. I have one like it with the extra R in the right place hand reg'd in 2013
I don't expect any demand for it for about 5 more years. Waiting for the right end user.
But it is possible I might use it myself. But I did just adjust the price upwards 20%.

•••
That's interesting. I have one like it with the extra R in the right place hand reg'd in 2013
I don't expect any demand for it for about 5 more years. Waiting for the right end user.
But it is possible I might use it myself. But I did just adjust the price upwards 20%.

very good. definitely keeper so renew it. double r is less value and desirable..meaning on avg with exceptions always... but some keywords.worth double r.. i got into vr in.2015.. a few nice regs still left.. but if u did so in 2013 then whole bunch nice names just for regfee... even 2014... then just dried up each yr..

Last edited:
•••
very good. definitely keeper so renew it. double r is less value and desirable..meaning on avg with exceptions always... but some keywords.worth double r.. i got into vr in.2015.. a few nice regs still left.. but if u did so in 2013 then whole bunch nice names just for regfee... even 2014... then just dried up each yr..
It's less value only if you want to believe that and sell it for less.
It says it with exacting precision.
Old flipper tactics that have hung around for a bit to long and are not true most of the time.
But all are free to believe what they want.
Every name stands on it's own individual core merits for 'need or want'.

Last edited:
•••
Surprisingly, Location based VR is still growing.

Step Into the Holodeck:​

Sandbox VR Guests Are Going Where No Gamer Has Gone Before​

https://builtin.com/brand-studio/step-holodeck-sandbox-vr-guests-are-going-where-no-gamer-has-gone

I can't say I have a bunch of names for this sub-niche, but a few.
I thought the growth for this was actually going to wait till VR was on firm footing, but really, if you look at it now, it is !
These LBVR's can bring more tech than the average person can afford in home use and I find they will be increasing in popularity as more folks get comfortable with VR. But never underestimate a good VR Dev for a home version LOL.
That is where the majority of domains will be needed but not nessisarily the highest value names, but volume..

•••
Meta, Apple and Google cheer FCC ruling that could pave the way for new AR and VR applications

https://www.cnbc.com/2023/10/19/met...cc-ruling-that-could-spur-new-vr-ar-apps.html

It is a fairly big deal,
but don't expect to see it in the marketplace for a year or more unless they have preempted the decision.
I would guess 2-3.

This might allow your smartphone to tether to your HMD wireless.
I'm sure everyone can see the advantage.

Very Low Power at 6ghz for wide-band short range data. Likely at 5G speeds 'or better' if they are also using the smartphone cpu to do some tasks for the HMD or just pre-proccessing.

Most important 'low latency'. Which is what makes 5G viable for use with HMD's to begin with. At least with apps that are driven from the cloud anyway. And now perhaps just the smartphone.

•••
To add a little more to the 6ghz wifi story...

Which manifests itself as wifi '6e' / 802.11ax
And I did reg a couple of 4 char names related to this in '21 as it relates to VR.
No great hopes. But will watch to see if they become a term for search as it is implemented in HMD's.

https://www.wired.com/story/what-is-wi-fi-6e/

•••

Researchers develop VR software to control a robot proxy through natural movements

https://www.brown.edu/news/2023-10-26/vroxy

The concept of what I had in mind in the one name I have for the field. But it might be time to pick up a couple more.
Still some years out before this blossoms. But it is inevitable.

Last edited:
•••
Cheaper Quest for China.
https://www.theverge.com/2023/11/10/23955142/meta-has-a-new-lower-priced-quest-vr-headset-coming

The issue behind this is they do not want to give up the modern tech behind the latest iterations, required to do biz in China.
And allows them to enter that market as some shareholders are demanding.
More HMD's on more faces is a good thing no matter how you slice it.
More software development and more names result.

And I thought this one was quite important.
While I have known that Samsung/Google were working together to reboot their versions of VR,
I had no idea they were going to target Apple for competition. But I guess in a way, it makes sense.
https://www.zdnet.com/article/visio...ans-and-its-now-targeting-end-of-2024-report/

Competition.... ain't it great !

Last edited:
•••
So, more on Google, Samsung and Qualcomm
Vision Pro led Samsung to reboot VR headset plans. It's now targeting end of 2024: report
https://www.zdnet.com/article/visio...ans-and-its-now-targeting-end-of-2024-report/

If anyone is fond of the keyword...
holodeck.gTLD
I had held to many of these and placed what I did not want (6) at very low auction/BIN at Namesilo.
Something I knew I would do when I reg'd so many over the past couple of years.
It's a bit more expensive than .com's but not all that much more since the .com price increases.
I normally renew 2/3 years at a time and it's a thinning process. Longer renewals break a little inflation for the longer hold.
What's not to like about one word'rs. You either like the keyword or you don't when it comes down to it.

Last edited:
•••
Meta seems anxious to show shareholders and the public they have something that might compete with
Vision Pro, but do not seem to tell anyone it's 2 years behind Apple at best.
I would doubt they can duplicate the quality as well in that time frame.

https://www.zdnet.com/article/meta-...headset-and-its-got-apples-creepiest-feature/

But competition will be good for names, when it gets there.
As I have said in the past,
Apple is at least 2 years ahead in this field and will enjoy setting a standard for others to follow or beat.
But the first real competition, will likely target price with lower quality/features.
It's perhaps the best we can expect in the near term.

Last edited:
•••
•••
All in king

Augmented // Reality // Viewer
Extended // Reality // Viewer
Mixed // Reality // Viewer

"Mixed Reality" version previously sold $500 (not mine)
"Virtual Reality" version currently listed for $10k (not mine)

•••
I’m now the owner of:-

Augmented-Reality-com-logo.png

Please read my story here:-

https://www.namepros.com/threads/augmented-reality-ar-domains.627524/page-108#post-9073889

If you comment, please don’t type the domain out in full.

Last edited:
•••
•••
Quest 3 is kinda huge because it's only $499 and provides both: VR and AR, while Quest 2 was strictly a VR headset. Their only 'mixed reality' headset as they like to call it was Meta Quest Pro which was initially $1.5k, now reduced to $999. Quest 3 is also overall a significantly better headset.
Yea, the PRO was not originally intended for consumer release, but Enterprise.
When those sales failed to appear, they switched the marketing game.
Hopefully, the 3 will do some mass adoption with consumer to give the sector the boot in the butt it needs.

We will not know real numbers about the industry from holiday sales likely until march, but you never know who has something to gain with shareholders by announcing good results before quarterly reports.
Meta is normally silent but they surprised us last year. But right now, they have no real competition.
Pricing and adoption not likely to change until there is.
We need to see a 2%+ adoption rate by the end of next year for it to have a real visible impact on names.

•••
One might think the market is doom and gloom by reading some of the latest headlines.

https://www.cnbc.com/2023/12/19/vr-...pours-billions-of-dollars-into-metaverse.html

But I tend to think there is less excitement from the lack of competition.
Apple should help change that even though I do not see a direct competition between the 2 because of the price points and quality far differ.

Folks will want the Apple and settle for the cheaper models. Which we need more of.
When there is a quantity of folks to develop content to, the developers will come and need names.
Both by Co name and many product names.
We just are not in that sequence yet. Much to my own surprise. Should change next year. But I have said that before.
Still appears to be moving in baby steps.

I do take comfort in the idea that most often the HYPEing headlines are normally dead wrong going both ways.
And this time, it looks to be in our favor, if you can understand that one
But I await the holiday sales reports and know that Apple will change this market soon.
Perhaps creating the excitement needed.

•••
•••
Last edited:
•••
•••
So, that looks like a date. Funny that it is not the way I would have perceived an announcement but likely more to follow.
Also seems a bit sooner than I would expect. And we have no solid data on the final price.
Just seems out of order for Apple.

I would like some to look back at the old rumor mill that this has had for what... about 10 years now.
And you will see just how some of the tech developments inside Apple were misinterpreted by some...
For instance the transparent iPhone. But that list is pretty large. Something to think about on the next rumors.

•••
So, that looks like a date. Funny that it is not the way I would have perceived an announcement but likely more to follow.
Also seems a bit sooner than I would expect. And we have no solid data on the final price.
Just seems out of order for Apple.

I would like some to look back at the old rumor mill that this has had for what... about 10 years now.
And you will see just how some of the tech developments inside Apple were misinterpreted by some...
For instance the transparent iPhone. But that list is pretty large. Something to think about on the next rumors.
3500$ is the final price

•••
3500$ is the final price
It took me six websites before I found one actually stating the price 'as reported by Apple'.
3499 for the 256gb storage base model. Which means more for better options.
https://bgr.com/guides/apple-vision-pro-release-date-price-features/

I Always check source data, especially with Apple. They have the most rumored reporting that everyone takes as fact.
And why many allow themselves to be mislead.

Now the question becomes how many do they have and how soon before they sell-out !
They should not have part supply issues now. But the world is full of turmoil.

I'm going to guess that one of the default apps that will be most popular will be AppleTV.
And soon we should see 3D/VR movies specifically driven to all of these devices as we always thought.
So, I will review my pricing in that segment first.

It's going to be interesting to see what apps are in demand the first 90 days anyway.
Sure to change quickly. But it's a likely indication of what names sub-niche demand will hit first.

•••
It took me six websites before I found one actually stating the price 'as reported by Apple'.
3499 for the 256gb storage base model. Which means more for better options.
https://bgr.com/guides/apple-vision-pro-release-date-price-features/

I Always check source data, especially with Apple. They have the most rumored reporting that everyone takes as fact.
And why many allow themselves to be mislead.

Now the question becomes how many do they have and how soon before they sell-out !
They should not have part supply issues now. But the world is full of turmoil.

I'm going to guess that one of the default apps that will be most popular will be AppleTV.
And soon we should see 3D/VR movies specifically driven to all of these devices as we always thought.
So, I will review my pricing in that segment first.

It's going to be interesting to see what apps are in demand the first 90 days anyway.
Sure to change quickly. But it's a likely indication of what names sub-niche demand will hit first.
Interesting observations
Unfortunately I arrived lately on this niche
Hope it goes well for you !
Anyway I think they will go sold out.
Knowing the way apple thinks they are uncertain about how the sales will go , so they made a bunch of them to see how it goes.
But of course they have the parts ready !
Let’s see

•••
•••
Unfortunately, we do not have any context for how that was said, but reading it carefully, it look as though they are saying this to independent app developers. But perhaps it is their corp devs ?
And we do not know with what type of app(s).
However, I will look inside the Apple dev program announcements and see if I can find where in context that is from.

But in any case, Good luck with that Apple. The consumers will call it what they will just as domainer's do...LOL

I can see them at least initially trying to maintain, that what they have is different. That is true.
And not wanting to get lumped in with others.

But in my opinion, just by definition, spacial computing app would be one that utilizes 3D space in it's interactivity.
So, reaching out to an object that is further away than some other would be an example of that.
So, it is not VR exactly. which could be a flat 3D if you can imagine that. Being the difference of interactivity within the space.
Hard definition yet once again. But I think this was well covered decades ago by the term "virtuality".

Anyway.... one more word war on the horizon. A lot of FOO has been flung.
We will see what stands the test of time and sticks to hold the BAR.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back