IT.COM

discuss Hey Guys.... I bought a GoMommy The ONE GoDaddy doesn't have

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I bought the only US GoMommy that GoDaddy doesn't own!!!

GoMommy .ws

Think they'll want it.....

Maybe I should ask Bob Parsons if he wants to buy me out :kickass:

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Haha, nice one. But you'll definitely have some issues if they notice. If your site was something completely different from domain hosting you may be able to get away with it. But putting up a competing business is clearly a sign of bad faith and they would easily win that lawsuit if they wanted to pursue it.

•••
•••
Yea.....Why..... This is still America isn't it??? Nothing wrong with good old fashioned competition...

---------- Post added at 07:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:27 AM ----------

Maybe I should send Bob an email and ask him if it's ok :)

•••
Yea it would be okay if you chose a different unique name for your brand. Clearly trying to leech off GoDaddy too similar tbh.

•••
LoL. Your violating the TOS with Godaddy, Didnt you consider using another registrar? They can just take the domain name from you.

•••
Two words: Horrible idea!

•••
I'm sorry but this could easily constitute as infringement. I kind of have doubts you'll have this domain for long. Best to let it drop

•••
Wow! Not what I expected to hear...

•••
Your domain is just too similar to GoDaddy. You would likely be safe if you developed this domain into a site that had nothing to do with registrations or web hosting. But as it is, any Go(family name ie daddy, mommy, sister, step-cousin etc) domain used within the same niche ad GoDaddy is infringing. And since you seemed to have only regged it in the hope of selling it to Bob, that serves for a possible cybersquatter case against you.

Wow! Not what I expected to hear...

•••
•••
•••
Much more potential if developed into website/forum/social site for mothers, who are working or on the go...that can be powerful, even with .ws.

But to try and compete against godaddy, using that name, foolish. This site and threads preach against that for good reason.

I would head 180 degrees in opposite direction.

my 4 cents.

paul

•••
Thanks guys!!!!!!!!!!

"Go ahead and e-mail Bob Parsons and the customer service team - that'll at least speed up the C&D process "

LOLOLOL!!!!!

•••
start a soccer mom site.

•••
I bought the only US GoMommy that GoDaddy doesn't own!!!

GoMommy .ws

Think they'll want it.....

Maybe I should ask Bob Parsons if he wants to buy me out :kickass:

And Bob will thank you for giving him all the ammunition he needs for a
"Bad Faith Registration and Usage" claim.

•••
The OP doesn't specifically say he regged it to offer Bob but it isn't difficult to infer by the rest of his postings.

I'd let this drop & move on.

And Bob will thank you for giving him all the ammunition he needs for a
"Bad Faith Registration and Usage" claim.

•••
Normally godaddy would not even let you register a domain that contains the string 'godaddy'.

Oh yes, go ahead - contact Bob Parson and tell him it's for sale. I'm sure they will give you tons of money for being so smart :laugh:

•••
I don't understand why you think registering a confusingly similar name to GoDaddy -- and in the .ws extension -- is a good idea.

You're wasting your time, and I'm wasting my time replying. (We're probably being trolled anyway)

•••
Not to mention it was a waste of reg fees.

I don't understand why you think registering a confusingly similar name to GoDaddy -- and in the .ws extension -- is a good idea.

You're wasting your time, and I'm wasting my time replying. (We're probably being trolled anyway)

•••
All these newbies on namepros in the last few months with these appraisals...Are these jokes? What ever eBook you read about buying $7 domains and making millions from...PLEASE GET YOUR MONEY BACK!!

•••
Yea.....Why..... This is still America isn't it??? Nothing wrong with good old fashioned competition...

---------- Post added at 07:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:27 AM ----------

Maybe I should send Bob an email and ask him if it's ok :)

...lol, I'm going to register NoMommy.ws :kickass:

•••
I'm still wondering who seriously believed MichaelJacksonAutopsyPhotos.com was worth $1,000,000. lol It likely never sold for $1.

All these newbies on namepros in the last few months with these appraisals...Are these jokes? What ever eBook you read about buying $7 domains and making millions from...PLEASE GET YOUR MONEY BACK!!

•••
No need for UDRP - Domain is regged at GD - thanks to their TOS - they can just take it.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back