Dynadot

question How to convince the business owner to buy an exact match domain, which I have

NameSilo
Watch

manojddfdd

Upgraded Member
Impact
Recently, I bought the exact match .com domain name of a salon in New York. The salon doesn't have a website yet, so how can I convince them to buy the domain name?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Salon owners normally do not care about website

•••
•••
I know too many hair/nail salons and they don't really care about the website.
Trust me on this one.

•••
Agree with Johnn, If their client base is already substantial and they're not looking to expand, there is nothing to be gained. If they really wanted it they would have registered earlier.

•••
Okay, sir. Which kind of business requires a website, and is it essential for them?

•••
Recently, I bought the exact match .com domain name of a salon in New York. The salon doesn't have a website yet, so how can I convince them to buy the domain name?
While a website would probably be beneficial, it is not as needed as some other businesses.

Outbound is hard enough, but it is a lot easier to convince someone to upgrade their domain than to create a website.

Brad

•••
•••
but his all competitors having website
you could reach out to one of them with an "opportunity" to capture his lost potential visitors by buying the name from you and setting up a landing page

•••
you could reach out to one of them with an "opportunity" to capture his lost potential visitors by buying the name from you and setting up a landing page
yes, sir, but which kind of businesses should I target?

•••
If they wanted it they would have allready pursued it. Salons tend to promote on all Social Media, Yelp Groupon and local advertising.

Select niches where online website presence is mandatory. Like ones where most of the business is not done in person is a start.

Mom & Pop or small local businesses don’t have much budget or see great value in owning domain name.

•••
If they wanted it they would have allready pursued it. Salons tend to promote on all Social Media, Yelp Groupon and local advertising.

Select niches where online website presence is mandatory. Like ones where most of the business is not done in person is a start.

Mom & Pop or small local businesses don’t have much budget or see great value in owning domain name.
What if I create a website for that salon and rank it on their main keyword? Will I get an offer from them or a copyright strick from them? :xf.grin:

•••
What if I create a website for that salon and rank it on their main keyword? Will I get an offer from them or a copyright strick from them? :xf.grin:
If they have a trademark (you can check on furm.com) do NOT contact. There is likely one potential buyer here. Just put it on a lander with low buy it now price and move on.

•••
what
If they have a trademark (you can check on furm.com) do NOT contact. There is likely one potential buyer here. Just put it on a lander with low buy it now price and move on.
what should be the price?

•••
Unless you have some really strong (Word)Salon.com, where there is a large pool of potential buyers, I don't think this is going to work out. Even then, it is not the type of domain that generally sells for big money.

I own several really good brands in the niche and they rarely get strong offers.

Trying to target one end user, that doesn't have a website, seems like a waste of time and energy.

Brad

•••
Tell them it protects their reputation as another Salon could open with a similar name and have terrible service, etc.
It allows them to control their brand and not have some non professional random google search results. It ads value to their business as a place for information and contact. Actually looks non professional not having one in this era. Especially if its actually in New York city.

•••
Thank
Tell them it protects their reputation as another Salon could open with a similar name and have terrible service, etc.
It allows them to control their brand and not have some non professional random google search results. It ads value to their business as a place for information and contact. Actually looks non professional not having one in this era. Especially if its actually in New York city.
Thank you, sir, for this advice. But the only way to contact them is via their phone number. There is no email address available, and my English is very weak. So, sir, can you help me by calling them and convincing them to buy this domain? It will be very helpful for me, and I will share some percentages with you.

•••
Tell them it protects their reputation as another Salon could open with a similar name and have terrible service, etc
Hi

don't lie or mislead people when you spam them
reputation protection is an overused line, so don't mention anything related it.

in hair care biz, clientele is built basically on "word of mouth" from results of stylists and walk-in customers, so a website really isn't needed.

also, you don't know volume of customers, if it's a single operator or someone who rents chairs.
they may just have a fb page, because income/revenue makes difference in ability/desire to invest in an online expense.

imo....

•••
Hi

don't lie or mislead people when you spam them
reputation protection is an overused line, so don't mention anything related it.

in hair care biz, clientele is built basically on "word of mouth" from results of stylists and walk-in customers, so a website really isn't needed.

also, you don't know volume of customers, if it's a single operator or someone who rents chairs.
they may just have a fb page, because income/revenue makes difference in ability/desire to invest in an online expense.

imo....
These is a lot of information missing on the whole deal. what works for a larger company doesn't always work with a single or small set up, and vice versa. So you need to find out what type of business it actually is for the right approach. Also there maybe other salons in other states, countries with the same name, so do more research. And don't spam them.

•••
Thank

Thank you, sir, for this advice. But the only way to contact them is via their phone number. There is no email address available, and my English is very weak. So, sir, can you help me by calling them and convincing them to buy this domain? It will be very helpful for me, and I will share some percentages with you.
This is unrealistic.

It's hard enough to sell a product via cold calling, never mind a domain to a party without a website.

If someone could do this, they would have no reason to broker marginal domains. They could just handreg whatever and make sales to people without websites.

It might be a different story if the domain was at least an upgrade. For instance if a party owned a domain like PureSalonDenver.com at least a domain like PureSalon.com would be a branding upgrade.

Brad

•••
For a lot of shops like that, a facebook page and/or instagram page is going to be more valuable. I suppose you could register those and lock them down. But they could probably just do a variation like ScithesSalonNY or ScithesSalonNYC if ScithesSalon is already taken.

•••
This is unrealistic.

It's hard enough to sell a product via cold calling, never mind a domain to a party without a website.

If someone could do this, they would have no reason to broker marginal domains. They could just handreg whatever and make sales to people without websites.

It might be a different story if the domain was at least an upgrade. For instance if a party owned a domain like PureSalonDenver.com at least a domain like PureSalon.com would be a branding upgrade.

Brad
sir what if I design a website on that domain and reach out to them after that will they buy the domain with the website or they will ignore it? and what would be the best price for a domain with the website?

•••
How to convince the OP to buy an argument?

•••
Okay, sir. Which kind of business requires a website, and is it essential for them?
You're better off finding something else to sell to someone else

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back