IT.COM

information Brokered a six figure domain today. Half a year into domaining and I'm pumped.

NameSilo
Watch

Dosebuy

Page: Dosebuy.com Twitter: @dosebuyEstablished Member
Impact
Hello.

Earlier had an appreciated thread about my first month in domaining in the beginner section.

https://www.namepros.com/threads/fi...-7-sales-sh-t-handregs-website-built.1147977/

But since I can't edit that post for some reason I might as well create a new one and update here.
I can today share the news that I brokered a six figure sale.

From day one I have wanted to share my journey in domaining. And I have in the Telegram Group "Domain Talk" shared alot of failed negotiations and stupid stuff I've done. But also some sales and overall impressions of the domaining industry. And now six months have gone by since I first started. And today I closed my first six figure deal. Its been under negotiation for three months. It's been a fun and nerve-wrecking negotiation. But today @Rob Monster contacted me and say the escrow is closed. Big ups to EPIK for making sure the transaction went smooth.
It's under NDA so can't share more details.
But if I can do this, anyone can, no matter what more experienced domainers say. You have to find your own beat. And fail all over again. There's been blogposts written about me where I have gotten pretty much slack and being called a troll by anonomous...trolls. As expected 😀.

However. Here is my highligts so far in domaining six months deep into the game.

• Brokered a Six figure sale via EPIK
• Sold 20-ish domains with Blockchain.za.com being the highest for $1200.
• Sold Betting.cx and Gambling.cx via Sedo iGaming auction.
• Have two $800 sales (DigitalChoo.com and another NDA-one).
• Being interviewed in Morgan Lintons blog (where I earlier had been hammered in the comments of a blogpost).
• Getting the chance to broker FinanceME.com and Finance.me. Interest has been HIGH for those ones.

Please all my newbie homies, share your positive stories also, as I get pumped by reading good stuff from people in the same boat as me.

Thanks for reading (mods, move this to the right area if this is the wrong one).

Best Regards

/Dose

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Congratulations on your success!

Thank you for sharing.

Samer

•••
Congrats 👏

You are turning out to be a Domain RockStar I reckon!

Onwards and Upwards 🚀

•••
So to be clear, by brokered a deal you acted as a broker on someone else’s name? Is that right? Or did you negotiate on your own name? Title and what you wrote is a bit confusing.

•••
So to be clear, by brokered a deal you acted as a broker on someone else’s name? Is that right? Or did you negotiate on your own name? Title and what you wrote is a bit confusing.

Oh, I brokered it. Sold my client's name. Can't edit the title 😞

•••
Congrats, and thanks for sharing your experience.

•••

He was the broker.

•••
I can confirm the transaction. The buyer’s wired funds arrived early Monday and the transaction was immediately cleared.

Buyer, seller and broker were all known to Epik. Was done commission-free for the NamePros members involved.

Congrats.

•••
Oh, I brokered it. Sold my client's name. Can't edit the title 😞
Ask the mods to change - it is slightly misleading, though you had good intentions :xf.smile:

Congratz on brokering a deal of that size though, it is impressive (y)

•••
Congrats, but a very misleading title.

•••
Congratulations @Dosebuy that is amazing news. I really like all of your domains that I have seen you post. I enjoy following you on social media. Keep up the great work. Kudos.

•••
Congratulations upon completing such a top notch deal for your client!

No doubt the three month negotiation process saw an interesting communications exchange between you, the would-be buyer and likely the domain name owner.

And great that Epik was able to make certain the transaction went well for parties involved with the deal!

•••
Ask the mods to change - it is slightly misleading, though you had good intentions :xf.smile:

Congratz on brokering a deal of that size though, it is impressive (y)

How do I alert the mods?
If a mod read this. Please change "Sold" to "Brokered" so people are not misguided.

•••
Congratulations @Dosebuy that is amazing news. I really like all of your domains that I have seen you post. I enjoy following you on social media. Keep up the great work. Kudos.

Thanks. Like your names too. And the way you market them. Good luck!

•••
Congratulations upon completing such a top notch deal for your client!

No doubt the three month negotiation process saw an interesting communications exchange between you, the would-be buyer and likely the domain name owner.

And great that Epik was able to make certain the transaction went well for parties involved with the deal!

Thank you man. Appreciate it.

•••
A great start to what will clearly be a long journey for you!

I am sure everyone (including myself), whether beginner or old timer, that is not fortunate enough to have a portfolio of 20+ year old supreme top tier names appreciates your posting details of your journey.

•••
•••
Can you shed more light regarding transaction ie any part you can share?

How did you find the "client"?

Did you have an active broker agreement signed?

How did you find the buyer?

What parts of negotiation you found toughest?

Best of luck for things to come, you're doing great so far!

•••
Can you shed more light regarding transaction ie any part you can share?

How did you find the "client"?

Client found me on a social media app most of us likes 😃.

Did you have an active broker agreement signed?

Nope, mutual trust proved itself fruitful here. I was happy getting the chance to broker it. And it felt like he was happy given me the chance.

Dont want to disclose this.

The silence. There was stretches where it was radio silence in a crucial part of the negotations. I have learned to stay cool with this sale. And hopefully that will help moving forward with my own names.

Best of luck for things to come, you're doing great so far!

Thanks man. Appreciate it.

•••
Congratulations , wish the best for you always , Everything is possible keep working . B-)

Last edited:
•••

Dont want to disclose this.

I love it! This is a question every active domainer wants answered...including me! I wouldn't share that knowledge either...keep those cards close to your chest.

The silence. There was stretches where it was radio silence in a crucial part of the negotations. I have learned to stay cool with this sale. And hopefully that will help moving forward with my own names.

Sound advice. Sometimes you just have to wait...it is an essential part of negotiating that too many people don't understand.

•••
I love it! This is a question every active domainer wants answered...including me! I wouldn't share that knowledge either...keep those cards close to your chest.

Sound advice. Sometimes you just have to wait...it is an essential part of negotiating that too many people don't understand.

Hahaha. I tend to find buyers via LinkedIn. At least that's where I have had most success finding end-users. This may or may not have been a LinkedIn find 😂

•••
Hahaha. I tend to find buyers via LinkedIn. At least that's where I have had most success finding end-users. This may or may not have been a LinkedIn find 😂

Thank you for the answer but I just want to make sure everyone understands my post...I truly liked your answer to the 'how' as I would have said the same thing. Finding an end user is an art in itself and it has taken me years to find ways to do this...I wouldn't tell my best friend how I do it..thanks for sharing the linkin info.

ADD: I did not want to make another post and I hope you spot this addition. Was it a fixed fee or did you do a percentage? Thanks.

Last edited:
•••
Great start to the new year for you, 6 figures is life changing for anyone, congrats.

•••
Back