Dynadot

Help with domains

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hi!

I´m new here and in need of help.

what do you think about the following domains?

mobilelog.com
mobiletemple.com
mobilefoundry.com

why do i ask?

we are a small company that is going to try to launch english content sites and one of the first will be about mobile phones.

do you think would be okay to create a news mobile site at mobilelog.com?

i think this is the more correct topic but if not i would ask the moderator to move it.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
mobilelog.com

Always go for the short, easy to spell domains, and correspondingly easier to remember names.

•••
Originally posted by lfrias
Hi!

I´m new here and in need of help.

i think this is the more correct topic but if not i would ask the moderator to move it.

Welcome to Namepros, lfrias! :)
Do you own each of these domain names ... and are you seeking "appraisals" on them? If both are correct, you are in the proper Forum ... and folks will address them shortly.
Thanks.
B-)

•••
yes to both coolhost:)

i´m thinking of launching the content in two sites. on with the news (mobilelog.com) and the other with an archive of mobile phones with all the specs (mobilefoundry or mobiletemple - which is better?)

i have already the content to the archive but the other would only be launched in a few months.

•••
MobileLog is your best fit IMO. A good relatively short name. Could have lots of upside.

Good-luck!

ST

•••
Originally posted by Coastalguy
MobileLog is your best fit IMO. A good relatively short name. Could have lots of upside.

Good-luck!

ST

Agree.
Reg. fee+, but would serve your development needs well, IMHO.
Other are $0.00 - < Reg. fee's/each/any ... and I don't see them providing the impact you'll need toward this cause, as I see it ... with many alternatives likely still out there that could provide for same.
Best of Luck.

•••
Mobilelog.com is the best of the three and fitting for a news site.

It's easy to read and remember. The other two I would pass on.

•••
thanks all!

coolhost: the problem is lack of experience in creating good domain names in english. in portuguese i already own some and they are good but in english i´m just starting...

i thought for example that mobiletemple could be good for a site with mobiles and their specifications.

i need to research a bit more.

•••
Its hard enough for us folks who supposedly have command of the english language. I can't imagine me being able to come up with some "winners" in portuguese.

Good-luck!

ST

•••
Originally posted by Coastalguy
Its hard enough for us folks who supposedly have command of the english language. I can't imagine me being able to come up with some "winners" in portuguese.

Good-luck!

ST

Agree! :)
Your willingness to research and learn, as well as overall open and communicative seeming nature should help you to be well "ahead of the curve" and in short order, IMHO. Glad you're here on 'board with us at Namepros, lfrias.
-Jeff
B-)

•••
don´t worry too much about not being able to create good domains in portuguese. there are a lot of users but there is no market or a very small market to portuguese domains. also the market is very concentrated in a few players.

most of the sites are under the .pt top level and there is a lot of paper involved to get a domain.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back