IT.COM

discuss Help me understand if this is a scam?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Jonathan MacDermid

Socially CorporateEstablished Member
Impact
I was watching a few weeks back when Crypto.........com was auctioned on Flippa and when the auction ended I think it was around the $1000 mark.

Suddenly it is relisted with the owner saying the winning bidder didnt pay (fair enough). However just before the auction ends this time, it gets bought for a $3k buy it now price.

The sale is on Namebio so looks like it was reported by Flippa.

Here is were it gets strange. It is immediately back on auction at Flippa with a $10k reserve (fair enough) but the wording of the auction is the exact wording the previous auctioner used, making me think it’s the same guy auctioning for a third time.

Surely he would have had to pay the 15% successful sale fee so would be out of pocket if selling to himself.

Am I just creating my own conspiracy theory or is there some type of scam going on here that I cant figure out?

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Wonder if someone here owns it....

•••
Just spotted one of the popular threads for this week is the $3000 seller. Feel a bit awkward now!

•••
Took the domain name out my original
thread in case all is legit

•••
•••
Yep. Seems like some other people were uncertain of it as well. Seems like this thread is a bit redundant now. I’ll get admin to delete it if possible seeing as its basically a duplicate now.

•••
@Eric Lyon can you help to delete this thread. Seems like its all been covered in another thread so just taking up server space.

•••
--

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back