Dynadot

Help me choose the right logo for my domain portfolio website!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hi, I'm in the beginning stages of setting up my own domain name website. I need some help to choose the right logo. There is a messed up looking logo on the website but don't pay it any mind...I just wanted to do a test..

I really appreciate your help!
I'm not sure if I should follow the route of using a character either...

Here is the link to vote and give feedback: https://99designs.com/logo-design/vote-56mvnp

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
•••
27-95-96-87

9 is not in line with the slangy "got brands" , too serious imo, otherwise nice design

•••
Yep, the bottom half of #87 is the best. The top half is confusing because the the "o" looks like an "a" half the time you look at it.

•••
•••
I like 87 and 95 .. 95 is eye catchy because it has a character in it..

•••
I like 87 and 95 .. 95 is eye catchy because it has a character in it..
But I'm wondering if 95 is too common or doesn't stand out... since alot of companies been using characters for a long time? Or is it hard to take serious?

•••
I like #95 and #109
But I'm wondering if 95 is too common or doesn't stand out... since alot of companies been using characters for a long time? Or is it hard to take serious? 109 reminds me of mailchimp

•••
•••
•••
So do I, it is very stylish!
But isn't it too luxury like? Almost like luxury cars. Parting of choosing the right one means making sure it fits what I'm trying to do. Make sure it's friendly to everyone?

•••
95 is too much like my logo ;)

The one I like best is 87.

•••
If you're trying to look serious I would go for number 9. I like the colors on 87 but it is too hard to read the font, especially the top one. If you're looking to be more quirky with a character I don't think an alien is the right one, an alien makes me think of something strange and foreign but in selling brands I think you want people feeling warm and familiar. In my view 95 is the best of the characters, granted a super hero isn't all that original but that's because it makes a solid brand. The monkey doesn't look modern enough and will probably seem out of place on your site design. For 96 I don't like how at a glance it looks like "get" instead of "got" because of the placement of the "brands" text.

•••
95 is too much like my logo ;)

The one I like best is 87.
haha, #95 does bear resemblance; like the kid version

How has the character worked out for you? Have people taken you seriously?
I was concerned that it's going down the same route as many brands

For #87, Top or Bottom?

•••
haha, #95 does bear resemblance; like the kid version

How has the character worked out for you? Have people taken you seriously?
I was concerned that it's going down the same route as many brands

For #87, Top or Bottom?
It worked out for me great. I have gotten quite a few compliments about my logo and it fits perfectly into the style of my website. Plus I'm using the character in different positions (super hero) on different occassions my website as well (for example on the slider on my front page on AlmightyDomains.com and on my landing pages such as MagicClowns.com ). Also I think it's fun to make super hero t-shirts out of your own brand ;)

11891102_10204689686344356_712630501488142031_n.jpg

To answer your other question: for #87 I prefer the bottom one.

•••
I like 9 and the bottom of 87. Maybe inverse the colors on 9.

•••
If you're trying to look serious I would go for number 9. I like the colors on 87 but it is too hard to read the font, especially the top one. If you're looking to be more quirky with a character I don't think an alien is the right one, an alien makes me think of something strange and foreign but in selling brands I think you want people feeling warm and familiar. In my view 95 is the best of the characters, granted a super hero isn't all that original but that's because it makes a solid brand. The monkey doesn't look modern enough and will probably seem out of place on your site design. For 96 I don't like how at a glance it looks like "get" instead of "got" because of the placement of the "brands" text.

Thanks for putting some thoughtfulness into this!
I think though 9 excellent, but it may be too serious. Agree with 87-it has to be clear.
The Character ideas as you said is not too original.

For 96, I didn't pick up on that "e" but I was leaning towards using that one because of the same reason you gave: "but in selling brands I think you want people feeling warm and familiar." It pulls this off well and may just need minor touch up on the word brands...

Apart from the possible "e"confusion would you go with this one out the bunch too?

•••
Thanks for putting some thoughtfulness into this!
I think though 9 excellent, but it may be too serious. Agree with 87-it has to be clear.
The Character ideas as you said is not too original.

For 96, I didn't pick up on that "e" but I was leaning towards using that one because of the same reason you gave: "but in selling brands I think you want people feeling warm and familiar." It pulls this off well and may just need minor touch up on the word brands...

Apart from the possible "e"confusion would you go with this one out the bunch too?
This is one weired industry, on one hand people tell you to not use free email services or you wont be taken serious on the other hand logos that are for companies that sell baby toys or cheap SEO submission services are recommended to someone looking to get more than 5 pennies for a domain.

Stick to serious, it will serve you will, nobody will run away if they see a serious logo. However, if you clown things up sane business people will make childish offers or simply hit the back button.

•••
It worked out for me great. I have gotten quite a few compliments about my logo and it fits perfectly into the style of my website. Plus I'm using the character in different positions (super hero) on different occassions my website as well (for example on the slider on my front page on AlmightyDomains.com and on my landing pages such as MagicClowns.com ) . It makes no sense do that with a regular logo.

To answer your other question: for #87 I prefer the bottom one.
Ok, that's great. I was leaning towards... number 96 because its warm and friendly to people... and i guess it strikes the right balance for what I'm doing.. Do you think that's a good choice?

Also your landing page for magicclowns is awesome!
Did you develop the site yourself?

Wish I had something custom for GotBrands.com
If you know anyone(including yourself) who can help me with my site please pm me info

•••
This is one weired industry, on one hand people tell you to not use free email services or you wont be taken serious on the other hand logos that are for companies that sell baby toys or cheap SEO submission services are recommended to someone looking to get more than 5 pennies for a domain.

Stick to serious, it will serve you will, nobody will run away if they see a serious logo. However, if you clown things up sane business people will make childish offers or simply hit the back button.
true, I know you like 9. Do you think 96 could also work?
Its not childish, but has a warm feel for any audience?

•••
I like #9, very professional.

•••
•••
I like #9, very professional.
Reminds me a bit of Uber...like for luxury cars.. so though it's highly professional do you think it would be the best fit for what I'm doing?

What are your thoughts on 96

•••
Ok, that's great. I was leaning towards... number 96 because its warm and friendly to people... and i guess it strikes the right balance for what I'm doing.. Do you think that's a good choice?

What I don't like about 96 is that the when the logo is rather small the "brands" text inside the letter O makes the letter O look like a prohibition sign. Granted the sign is not in a red color but still that's what I thought about it.

Also your landing page for magicclowns is awesome!
Did you develop the site yourself?

Thanks! yes, I developed the landing page myself.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back