Dynadot

Help me choose the right logo for my domain portfolio website!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hi, I'm in the beginning stages of setting up my own domain name website. I need some help to choose the right logo. There is a messed up looking logo on the website but don't pay it any mind...I just wanted to do a test..

I really appreciate your help!
I'm not sure if I should follow the route of using a character either...

Here is the link to vote and give feedback: https://99designs.com/logo-design/vote-56mvnp

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
#9, but I don't like the colored version that much. Too many colors and "gradients are so 2006". Personally, I would have reduced the number of colors to maximum 3 or 4.

However, the GB graphic design looks slick and professional.

•••
87 and 96 look great. I would choose one of those specially 96 since it is clearer

•••
87 and 96 look great. I would choose one of those specially 96 since it is clearer
I like 96 myself. But it doesn't look too great on the website and I'm not sure If I would take it serious enough. Also some people confuse the "o" for an "e" because The "brands" go through it. Even more so when you have to minimize it to hold on a website. And I'm wondering if that's worth $299 as it looks like a font with different shades and brands in the middle;basically something I could probably make. Not sure if there is a better way of presenting it? If you see a better way let me know and I could ask the designer for a revision.

•••
I like 96 myself. But it doesn't look too great on the website and I'm not sure If I would take it serious enough. Also some people confuse the "o" for an "e" because The "brands" go through it. Even more so when you have to minimize it to hold on a website. And I'm wondering if that's worth $299 as it looks like a font with different shades and brands in the middle;basically something I could probably make. Not sure if there is a better way of presenting it? If you see a better way let me know and I could ask the designer for a revision.
instead of simly making the word brands go on top of the word got ...why not make the O in the word an actual circle that is cut into two halves and the word brands go in that cut ....

i hope it is clear
I will try to make illustration

::::::
brands
::::::

lol am on mobile and cant make it clearer

•••
These are the Color versions of logo #9. I guess I can use these on marketing materials. But should I use the white only version on website?
Show attachment 29884

I told designer to edit colors to not confuse brands. How do you like logo with colors? @stub
------------------
You state your USP is for creative branded domains, hence the colored #9 with colored 'got branded' on BLACK background like the bottom one is my vote.
Good Luck!

•••
•••
If I have to choose a logo for a brandable DN marketplace from the given entries I would choose #9 bcz Its clean and simple but it should have a complete G like below as it is hard to know it is G at first instant until you relate it with 'Got'.

edited-01.png

. Also I came up with the following idea:
GotBrands-01.png

•••
#87 is the best to me. (tri color may add more beautiful)

•••
Just throwing this out their(99designs is done) this was the last design from there. What's your thoughts on this? keep in mind colors can change.
rev web2.png

•••
Just throwing this out their(99designs is done) this was the last design from there. What's your thoughts on this? keep in mind colors can change.Show attachment 30112

I haven't checked back on previous pages. but I prefer @bashariqbal's two proposals on this page rather than this 99Designs design. I think the G & B on the black logo looks really professional, except I would have the G the same width as the B. It's a tad monochrome, but it looks really good, IMHO. and I kinda liked the proposal he came up with also.

•••
Whew. I just checked back. And am happy that I'm still selecting the same basic logo. Although I think it looks better on this page. I'd still correct the width of the G though.

•••
•••
I haven't checked back on previous pages. but I prefer @bashariqbal's two proposals on this page rather than this 99Designs design. I think the G & B on the black logo looks really professional, except I would have the G the same width as the B. It's a tad monochrome, but it looks really good, IMHO. and I kinda liked the proposal he came up with also.
I own two logos for this name right now....

gb.jpg

00000000000.jpg

•••
•••
I own two logos for this name right now..

Hi Rory,

I don't really like either of those. As I said. I much prefer @bashariqbal's version above with both characters the same width. Perhaps you could ask him to produce this and post it here. I didn't get the impression that he was looking for compensation since he already copied your design and posted it here :) I assumed he was just being helpful.

But we all have our own ideas about design. If you have a serious website you should have a matching logo. Not some kind of cartoon. I'm just expressing my opinion. You don't need to pick holes in my ideas. No idea is without holes :) I'm just trying to answer your question, by giving you my opinion. It won't upset me if you don't like my opinion :)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back