advice HELP I Think I Just Sold TattooTronics.com For $7300 USD HELP

NameSilo
Watch

EASYPICKINGS

Established Member
Impact
Hello,

I got a text message... saying..

"Hi hope you're well. It's Kim. You have some offers on your domain if you're selling it. Been sending you messages. Info at (website with my phone number in it)"

I am like what the heck? So I go to the site on my computer, and I see I have several offers for my name
tattootronics.com that I never listed on here. Its called KEM EXPO, kemexpo.com, I am like what the heck,
because I see the offer is $7300.... So I accepted it, I entered my Paypal Email.... It says I will be sent the money..? Is this real people???????

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
LOL, I got a feeling this is going to be fun. :ROFL:

•••
I doubt its real if you never listed it there.

•••
I think this is real....

Attachments

• isthisreal.PNG
    isthisreal.PNG
    168.3 KB · Views: 102
•••
I wonder, can they secure the transfer and then request a refund via paypal? .. I mean there is no escrow involved is there? That's quite a lot of money for using just paypal.

•••
I wonder, can they secure the transfer and then request a refund via paypal? .. I mean there is no escrow involved is there? That's quite a lot of money for using just paypal.
I think they can just charge it back, but I have proof of purchase, and I am covered under paypal, the money would be put on hold if they issued a charge back.

•••
I think this is real....
Seriously your username is Easy Pickings, they are essentially conning you to enter your data in.

TattooTronics has like no search results, they are setting you up for something.

Last edited:
•••
Have you ever created an account with them? Did you have other names listed there?

•••
Heres what it says ...

My domain name isn't for sale. Why is it listed?
When a buyer searches a domain name that's already taken -- whether it's for sale or not -- the name is automatically listed and all active buyers on the KEM EXPO platform have an opportunity to make an offer. If an offer is made, the domain owner is notified and receives an invitation to review all offers.

•••
I think they can just charge it back, but I have proof of purchase, and I am covered under paypal, the money would be put on hold if they issued a charge back.

I don't want to be negative man and I wish you all the luck in the world but I'm not sure paypal can do much in products that have no 'substance'.. they are not a domain escrow.

Anyway, as I said, fingers crossed for everything to work out in your favour :)

•••
I await the first person here that says they ever heard of Kem Expo as a platform......

•••
You sure it's not Scam Expo?

•••
•••
To me it looks like some kind of scam....but maybe I'm wrong

•••
I think this is real....
Please do not give them any more info until you check into them.

Doesn't $7300 seem like a lot of money for a starting offer ? I especially don't like this:

Been sending you messages.
It looks like its meant to excuse for the fact this has progressed this far and you were out of the loop until now.

Last edited:
•••
I think its a scam too...

•••
One more thing,
it *can* happen for a domain to get sold without being listed. DomainAgents do that exact thing, ie. they get paid by the seller to contact the domain owner with an offer. I have sold a domain in the past that way with no issues.

The difference here is that, domainagents were already known in the domain industry at the time and -very important- their name is related to the domain industry. From what I read, kemexpo does.. expos around the world?

•••
How can we not say definitively if this is real or not..

•••
I mean...

Attachments

• imean...PNG
    imean...PNG
    157 KB · Views: 95
•••
You should sleep on this, get more input. The offer will be there tomorrow.

I bet if you go looking you wont find anything about this company. How do people even search their platform ? Google has nothing on them.

Last edited:
•••

ask for their credentials as a legitimate escrow agent.
I read in that screenshot you posted that they act as an escrow.. well, it's a perfectly legitimate question to ask them then.

•••
You can just insist on escrow transaction. Tell them that you will bear escrow fees. That you do not have an active paypal. That even if you create a paypal account now, it will take a month to actually be able to receive that kind of amount. Actually you can receive but will be put on hold for about 21 days or so. This is applicable for some countries if not all. Tell them that is the case and that you have no other options to receive payment.

The name doesn’t look that great to me for $7k plus. I’d not buy it for $100 but this is just my 1 cent.

If you did not pay much for it, maybe you can proceed. Otherwise you may be compromising your paypal account for the next 60 days. Their issues/resolutions take forever to clear.

•••
It’s not real. If it is real complete the transaction at UnDeveloped where you have a 3rd party as a go between. I bet if you suggest another platform any other platform you never hear again. It is a scam.

•••
Hello,

I got a text message... saying..

"Hi hope you're well. It's Kim. You have some offers on your domain if you're selling it. Been sending you messages. Info at (website with my phone number in it)"

I am like what the heck? So I go to the site on my computer, and I see I have several offers for my name
tattootronics.com that I never listed on here. Its called KEM EXPO, kemexpo.com, I am like what the heck,
because I see the offer is $7300.... So I accepted it, I entered my Paypal Email.... It says I will be sent the money..? Is this real people???????
You don't currently have any accurate evidence that this is a scam, but you should do risk control for your domain. If the buyer is really interested, it will choose to communicate further after making a quote, instead of paying directly.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back