Dynadot

Has anyone else's EPC plummeted?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Lord Antares

Top Member
Impact
This month, the same traffic from the same sources brings me a lot less RPC (on bodis).

I'm talking from $0.5 to $0.2. Some are even worse. There's one high traffic but low epc which went from like $0.09 a click to $0.01.

Some keywords get absurdly low earnings, like a "chiropractor" click gets less than $0.1, "medical care" earns similarly.

Even an attorney domain which got me up to $3 per click last month plummeted to $0.39.

What is going on? Is anyone else experiencing this?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
the last 3 days we have better results
since the 10th July I'm seeing a better EPC but i don't want to say this too loud as I have some better days here and there.. but it was a while since i didn't get few "better days" in a row

•••
Inputting related search terms doesn't seem to do anything. I struggle to understand how the algorithm in 2023 could do this. These aren't the only domains with a failed feed. Check your terms and see if you can find similar results.

I think you are on to something here.

Since your post, I spent time to monitor all the new domains I acquired (so as to see the whole process from scratch).

One of those domains has good enough traffic and, due to the name of the domain and the quality of history, I expected some nice income. However, I noticed that it received no clicks or a very low amount with really low EPC. I'm talking about ~300 uniques/day and 2-4 cents revenue out of 1-2 clicks.

That's not normal. My CTR% for years on average has been around 25%. So I visited the domain and, lo and behold, no ads at all.

Thinking that it might be my location, I immediately turned my PIA VPN on and started visiting from all common locations using a browser that I have for that job only. That is, a browser that in the past it always got ads showing up....This time however, there are no ads showing up at all, no matter the location I used.

If it was any other domain, I would have accepted the loss and moved on but this particular one is a 1-word, pinpoint ad-targetted domain, that has zero chance in not showing any ads.

So, yes, I think something has definitely changed.

•••
bodis today the worst epc in the last 2 years 0.13 from 0.36 RPM same falling. I'm considering trying above with parkingcrew, but I think it will be the same.

•••
I have left ten names on Bodis out of 400. Parking is dead.

Last edited:
•••
Forced ppc parking by registrars should be made illegal. They don't make any money (if there are valid clicks, others make money, you don't), they prevent sales, they make corrupt companies invent excuses to win in extremely corrupt wipo-udrp, even if you don't want those ads to be displayed, and make countless requests for removing them. @Icann @Dynadot Can we sue a registrar if we lose in UDRP because of a registrar's ppc ads on default landing pages? Can we sue WIPO? Can we sue the s a t a n they worship?

Last edited:
•••
I am still enjoying parking. My revenue is up and parking is certainly not dead. The month of July was one of my highest months.

•••
lost about 30% of revenue last week on parkingcrew. anyone has experiencing same result ?

•••
lost about 30% of revenue last week on parkingcrew. anyone has experiencing same result ?
I don't use parkingcrew only Bodis, but it will probably be the same everywhere. @ParkingCrew ?

•••
I think you are on to something here.

Since your post, I spent time to monitor all the new domains I acquired (so as to see the whole process from scratch).

One of those domains has good enough traffic and, due to the name of the domain and the quality of history, I expected some nice income. However, I noticed that it received no clicks or a very low amount with really low EPC. I'm talking about ~300 uniques/day and 2-4 cents revenue out of 1-2 clicks.

That's not normal. My CTR% for years on average has been around 25%. So I visited the domain and, lo and behold, no ads at all.

Thinking that it might be my location, I immediately turned my PIA VPN on and started visiting from all common locations using a browser that I have for that job only. That is, a browser that in the past it always got ads showing up....This time however, there are no ads showing up at all, no matter the location I used.

If it was any other domain, I would have accepted the loss and moved on but this particular one is a 1-word, pinpoint ad-targetted domain, that has zero chance in not showing any ads.

So, yes, I think something has definitely changed.

I haven't personally noticed this at all; my issue is with suboptimal feeds.

A lot or even most of my domains have unrelated search terms (manually entering search terms does nothing). I will get taxi ads on a lawyer domain, insurance ads on a daycare domain etc.

I would prefer to have only 1 relevant ad shown over 3 ads of which 2 are irrelevant. Also, the algorithm is stupid and has no understanding of pragmatics.

I have a domain, let's say it's called ''ChurchFamilyPlumbing.com''.
The ''Church'' in the name is just a surname but I can't force only plumbing ads; visitors have to get shown ''prayer'' and ''Christianity'' ads as well. This obviously has a negative impact on CTR.

Domains with ''shop'' in them are another example. It doesn't matter what comes before the ''shop'', you will still get generic shop ads. It could be a medical equipment shop or musical instruments shop, they'll still get led to some cheap e-commerce store.

Don't get me wrong, I'm doing better than ever at parking but only because I've been investing money into good domains; I just can't help but wonder how much better I could be doing if it had any degree of optimization. Don't get me started on low EPCs on what are supposed to be high EPC terms.

•••
@Lord Antares ,
the relevance I found in my findings with yours is, what seems to be, lack of proper optimisation.

In the past, when I added domains with clear keywords in the domain name, I got immediate relevant ads showing up.
Now, it seems that the algo gets stuck and shows blank pages (in my case) or completely wrong keywords (in your case).

That's why I tagged you: a. for making me aware that something is not working properly and b. for making me see that what is not right has to do with the optimisation.

Thanks for the detailed reply btw.

•••
@Lord Antares ,
the relevance I found in my findings with yours is, what seems to be, lack of proper optimisation.

In the past, when I added domains with clear keywords in the domain name, I got immediate relevant ads showing up.
Now, it seems that the algo gets stuck and shows blank pages (in my case) or completely wrong keywords (in your case).

That's why I tagged you: a. for making me aware that something is not working properly and b. for making me see that what is not right has to do with the optimisation.

Thanks for the detailed reply btw.

Yeah, I understand. Actually, I've seen blank pages on parked domains before but it wasn't on mine. The issue certainly exists but I'm personally not sure it's due to failed optimization. I've seen some domains which should be keyword-rich fail to load. It would be helpful if we were able to deduce it was due to optimization and not some other loading error.

Has this been happening since the ''automatic keyword optimization'' operation Bodis allegedly introduced at the end of 2022? I can't tell.

•••
@Lord Antares ,
one thing I can safely say is that, the blank pages I'm experiencing happen on all G-feeds (ie. Bodis, PC , Sedo) and not just Bodis.

•••
sould be obvious to any with half brain that park companies are best thing to run with no proving to show to u... meaning before they take loss on profits end of month they will make sure it doesn't happen by taking little off the top from every client to make up for it. would u ever know? no of course u wouldn't.

•••
•••
This month, the same traffic from the same sources brings me a lot less RPC (on bodis).

I'm talking from $0.5 to $0.2. Some are even worse. There's one high traffic but low epc which went from like $0.09 a click to $0.01.

Some keywords get absurdly low earnings, like a "chiropractor" click gets less than $0.1, "medical care" earns similarly.

Even an attorney domain which got me up to $3 per click last month plummeted to $0.39.

What is going on? Is anyone else experiencing this?
Please is there a free tool I can use to check domain EPC? please feel free to share. Regards.

•••
Again next drop in CTR and EPC (bodis)

Last edited:
•••
Yep, it does not look good, a couple 'good days' each month, then nothing. I would say try parking for 2 months for each name. If no profit, switch to a no ads sale lander and that's it.

Last edited:
•••
Yep, it does not look good, a couple 'good days' each month, then nothing. I would say try parking for 2 months for each name. If no profit, switch to a no ads sale lander and that's it.

I mainly buy domains suitable for parking when someone wants to buy via whois.

•••
Same here. I buy domains for parking. Sometimes by (pleasant) mistake I also sell them.

I hit the lowest result ($16 RPM) in the first week of August, now RPM seems to be recovering. 🤞

•••
Same here. I buy domains for parking. Sometimes by (pleasant) mistake I also sell them.

I hit the lowest result ($16 RPM) in the first week of August, now RPM seems to be recovering. 🤞
My RPM is 39 from 60 and EPC 0,15 from 0,35 month by month it gets wors.

•••
Does anyone have CTR falls on the bodis last days ?

•••
yes last days ctr, traffic, revenue again down

from may income -1500 usd perday down

•••
•••
If you guys are losing around these amounts per day (300$ / 1500$ / etc.), it's because you guys earn much more than that... which is not to bad I would say
If you haven't done anything, no changes and you're seeing this drop happen, it's because something isn't right with the parking
And ok, I can even accept that
But you guys been in the game for a long time now and you know it's a bit cyclical
It's bad now and then it'll be fine again
I recommend adding more names and wait
Wait and see how the industry moves

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back