Dynadot

Has anyone else's EPC plummeted?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Lord Antares

Top Member
Impact
This month, the same traffic from the same sources brings me a lot less RPC (on bodis).

I'm talking from $0.5 to $0.2. Some are even worse. There's one high traffic but low epc which went from like $0.09 a click to $0.01.

Some keywords get absurdly low earnings, like a "chiropractor" click gets less than $0.1, "medical care" earns similarly.

Even an attorney domain which got me up to $3 per click last month plummeted to $0.39.

What is going on? Is anyone else experiencing this?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
That's what I like to hear: features that improve our lives without killing stuff that work fine.

Thank you

•••
@LoveCatchyDomains ,
editing keywords can be a double-edged sword.

It's not easy to see what ads are being shown to the visitors that land on the parking page since what they see it's not necessarily what you will see by visiting the same page.

I use custom keywords a lot and I can verify that there are times where a domain can be 'saved' (ie. in the case that domain has traffic but no conversion) but one *really* needs to know what they are doing before messing with the keywords.

Most of the time the algorithm knows what converts best for that specific moment, for that specific visitor, for that specific country etc. Hard-coding (or suggesting) a certain set of keyword terms might lead to losing a good conversion just because the wrong keywords -your keywords- appeared on the lander.

I spend at least 30 minutes doing deep research prior to change keywords on a domain (for every domain) since I want to be 100% sure that I won't mess things up.

If you don't know what you are doing better leave it to the algorithm, especially when there is high traffic involved.

•••
ublock origin is one of the most popular adblockers and it shows a blank white page for sedo and bodis parking pages.

•••
Forced ppc parking by registrars should be made illegal. They don't make any money (if there are valid clicks, others make money, you don't), they prevent sales, they make corrupt companies invent excuses to win in extremely corrupt wipo-udrp, even if you don't want those ads to be displayed, and make countless requests for removing them. @Icann @Dynadot Can we sue a registrar if we lose in UDRP because of a registrar's ppc ads on default landing pages? Can we sue WIPO? Can we sue the s a t a n they worship?

Last edited:
•••
The benefit in using something like Above or Parklogic is that the 'tests' happen also across different parking services instead to the 'tests' being restricted to what feeds one parking service serves.

So, if eg. Bodis is not performing that well in a certain period of time, a service like Above/Parklogic will immediately spot that low performance and switch the traffic elsewhere (if applicable)

It certainly is better compared to switching nameservers manually (in the case one wants to use another parking service)

Still,
Bodis is the best performer for quite some time now. It makes sense to wait and see what happens before making a switch. It might indeed be just a short term low performance.

•••
but why should "above" have an effect on EPC "bodis" ? @TroyBodis
Hello @keim123,

Provided that Above isn't managing/optimizing your domain names for you, no positive affect would be had on your earnings, compared to simply parking with us directly.

However, we are in the process of rolling out the Automated Keyword Optimization feature. This feature will set a new standard by ensuring that Bodis produces higher keyword relevancy and conversion rates at all times.

Thanks.

•••
My monthly CPC is around 0.12 USD. Im just attaching screenshot of yesterday stats from Bodis.
Please also note that on weekends the traffic is much lower.

Attachments

• bodisscreen.png
    bodisscreen.png
    38.4 KB · Views: 102
•••
So Parking Ad companies have algorithms that are that real-time specific, to even present information based on the country and user? Do you know which parking company uses the most sophisticated and effective methods? Maybe they should hire you?!

Afaik, all of them use such algorithms and even more since we're also talking about the biggest data cruncher out there: big G.

As for hiring me.. I can say only: lol . That's way over my head; I'm just a user that tries to get the best performance possible out of the tools I have.

Last edited:
•••
Down everywhere doesn't matter where you park

•••
@TroyBodis ,
they are asking if Bodis rotates parking services like Above does. Not sure where the keyword automation fits in the answer.

To answer the question (as best as I can):
Bodis, PC, SEDO and Voodoo are the last parking services that can provide G feeds.
Traffic management solutions like Above.com and Parklogic, don't.

All type of services have their own in-house Tier2 feeds.

So,

the way one can think of Above(or Parklogic) and the parking services is (taking Above.com as an example),

Bodis=Max(G feed, Tier2 Feed)
PC=Max(G Feed, Tier 2 Feed)
SEDO=Max(G Feed, Tier 2 Feed)
etc.

Above.com=Max(In-house Maximizer, Bodis, PC, SEDO, Voodoo)

In other words,

each parking service will provide the best earnings between their Tier2 feeds and G-feed whereas solutions like Above.com and Parklogic will see those earnings from each Parking Service, they will compare it with their own feeds and pick the best of the two for your traffic.

I hope I haven't confused you but that's how roughly the whole thing works

Last edited:
•••
@LoveCatchyDomains ,
afaik, no. You can do something like that by using a 'clean' environment (eg. a virtual OS) with a VPN but.. why do that? What you are going to see -whether from your account or a clean OS- will be tailored to what you are/were doing at that moment and, since the virtual os will have nothing (and, in the case of clicking straight from you account, will probably 'sterilise' the redirect), you will probably get generic ads.

The only way to have an idea of what really shows on your lander -and that's just my opinion and my way of doing things- is... Bodis.
No other service has such high accuracy in what kind of keywords are being served on your domain (I'm referring to the 'Reports->Terms' page when a domain is selected).

That is the reason I always direct traffic 100% to bodis when I first enter a domain in my Above.com account. I let it stay there for about a week, I then check the 'Terms' and *only then* I make my decisions (ie. whether I will edit keywords, redirect traffic to all other parking services, etc.)

•••
Yes, its even improving since the domains were bought in April, May this year. They are all on auto-opt. since I think if a domain gets more than 5 visitors per day, manual opt. would just kill the CTR.

•••
As I have previously stated, my epc was back after the first week of last month.
However, now it's plummeted again as of October 1st. For example, I got a $0.26 click on a domain which always gets me more than a dollar per click.

I wonder what's going on at the beginning of months. Will keep an eye on it.

We are down at least 30% ( was 0,30$ now 0,20$) mainly restaurant traffic. I'm thinking of trying parkingcrew even though I think it will be the same if not worse. anyone experience from Parkincrew now ?

I also confirm that the beginning of month is bad and during the second half there is some sort of improvement. Anyone knows why?

Hi

my response to above posts would be to view your stats on a yearly basis.
the beginning or end of any month can be high or low, but you shouldn't panic.

most of our domains have been held for years and i'm able to view how each performs on different platforms as they've been rotating.

the biggest variance is the decrease in visitors for some domains, simply because those names get type-in traffic.
however, their EPC has relatively averaged the same, though some epc's have went higher after rotation, some stay the same and some have decreased.

rotation is key, if you're trying to squeeze all the juice. so, if the $ drop at one place, then try another.
so far, i have experienced a $200+ increase on 1 domain, just by moving it from PC to Sedo.

if you have domains with really high traffic, maybe try splitting the nameservers to more than one platform.

ie: ns1.bodis.com/ns2.sedoparking.com or ns1.parkingcrew.com/ns2.bodis.com/ns3.sedoparking.com/ns4.afternic.com/
buy.internettraffic.com/sell.internetraffic.com

or use a parking rotator like above.com

imo...

Last edited:
•••
@Lord Antares ,
a few posts above someone mentioned that maximizer is at around 20% of their total earnings whereas, in my case, maximizer is at around 10%.

What that basically means is, from all those earnings only 1-2 out of ten times maximiser (aka. non-google) beats premium ads served by the parking services. That ought to be clear what is the way forward.

Moreover, you can never know what a ZC (zeroclick) feed will show to the visitor.. it might be stuff that you would never want your domain to show. For me that's reason enough for my top quality domains to never show ZC feeds.

Just wanted to be clear why I consider the choice obvious.

As for the traffic shown,
Bodis has a very good filtering system showing traffic closer to the reality than most.
Reason however I suggested for you to look at the 'Uniques' is that you will have a common ground to compare the various services with a traffic measurement that is fairly accurate.

•••
Also she's a gal, if I read correctly in a recent post.
Hey, at this point, I'm fine with anything. But, yes, I am a gal, but grew up with all brothers. So, it's no big deal. :xf.grin:

Last edited:
•••
@Hypersot Apologies for not having more info on our website regarding Above Managed and Self Managed. We are working to update the site and will have this soon.

For a quick recap, Above Managed is for domain investors who do not have the time to manage their own monetization. They may be focused on selling their domains or may have their hands in different business ventures, but want increased revenues.

For domain investors who are hands on, meticulous about running detailed reports and love to review data, Self Managed is best option.

Happy to chat about the benefits to either option. Feel free to reach out to me directly.

Liz Corona
Above.com

•••
--
this is the problem of CTR ours CTR not decreasing but increasing, we have a problem with EPC with the price per click.
Hi
typically, when fluctuations occur
i've noticed that when epc goes up, then ctr goes down and vice versa
so this may be a vice versa period for some of your names

here's an idn parked at PC, you can see how ctr goes up and epc goes down in this 3-month span

2022-10 170 124 72.94% $ 0.08 $ 60.76 $ 10.33
2022-09 180 97 53.89% $ 0.12 $ 66.00 $ 11.88
2022-08 158 46 29.11% $ 0.18 $ 52.09 $ 8.23

Seems counterintuitive to chase some chump change when you could sell it. High value super premium domains are a different story of course.
Hi

chump change adds up to renewal fee's, which means less out of pocket for each domain that earns enough to pay it and maybe pay for a few of it's cousins.
and sure, they could be sold... but what's the cost to replace another like it, in the portfolio?

if domainers would install ublock origin and test some of their domains they have parked, they would understand part of the reason things have slowed down.
Hi

the question is not about lower traffic or lower click thru rate.
so that makes "ublock" irrelevant to earnings per click.

if we and probably many others are still getting clicks and earning chump change,
then obviously everybody don't have ublock
and i'm definetly not going to test it on any of my names or anybody else's.

imo...

•••
if domainers would install ublock origin and test some of their domains they have parked, they would understand part of the reason things have slowed down.
Yes this is true, I have uBlock Origin installed in my browser and no ads will show on my parked domains, my EPC on Bodis has also plummeted lately.

Last edited:
•••
Parking revenues down by a massive amount for 2-3 weeks now. Anyone else?
Hello @Lord Antares,

If you're experiencing an EPC decline across more than one vertical, there may be several contributing factors impacting revenues which are outside of our control, such as economic downturn, seasonal budget adjustments, coupled with summer and public holidays (July 4th), etc.

Rest assured however, we haven't made any internal changes to our revenue structure recently, but we will continue to monitor this situation closely.

Thank you.

•••
Hello @Lord Antares,

If you're experiencing an EPC decline across more than one vertical, there may be several contributing factors impacting revenues which are outside of our control, such as economic downturn, seasonal budget adjustments, coupled with summer and public holidays (July 4th), etc.

Rest assured however, we haven't made any internal changes to our revenue structure recently, but we will continue to monitor this situation closely.

Thank you.
Thank you Troy for replying.

•••
I have left ten names on Bodis out of 400. Parking is dead.

Last edited:
•••
•••
The weirdest is that you can't find names that make money from parking. My best earners are from the Covid era. Since then I have bought hundreds of names with almost zero parking success. Not that I'm buying names to park though neither I ever did. It just turned out like this, making money from names bought 2 years ago.. Sick.
sincerely 95% of my revenues come from names bought more than 4 years ago....

•••
This month, the same traffic from the same sources brings me a lot less RPC (on bodis).

I'm talking from $0.5 to $0.2. Some are even worse. There's one high traffic but low epc which went from like $0.09 a click to $0.01.

Some keywords get absurdly low earnings, like a "chiropractor" click gets less than $0.1, "medical care" earns similarly.

Even an attorney domain which got me up to $3 per click last month plummeted to $0.39.

What is going on? Is anyone else experiencing this?

It depends which country the click comes from. Only US clicks pay OK. Even other 'western' countries pay peanuts.

I haven't noticed any significant change, my revenue is increasing steadily every month. Even August was better then expected.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back