IT.COM

Has anyone else's EPC plummeted?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Lord Antares

Top Member
Impact
This month, the same traffic from the same sources brings me a lot less RPC (on bodis).

I'm talking from $0.5 to $0.2. Some are even worse. There's one high traffic but low epc which went from like $0.09 a click to $0.01.

Some keywords get absurdly low earnings, like a "chiropractor" click gets less than $0.1, "medical care" earns similarly.

Even an attorney domain which got me up to $3 per click last month plummeted to $0.39.

What is going on? Is anyone else experiencing this?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Another bad month on Bodis. I don't see things getting better anytime soon. What's up, guys?

•••
@phaethon ,
I just had a look at May this year with May last year at Bodis and... 60% down.

Normally, during the period after christmas, new year, etc. , I take a ~20% permanent hit every year (talking globally now, not just Bodis). This year however that same hit was at around 40%-50% (based on the revenue I'm seeing at Above).

•••
@phaethon ,
I just had a look at May this year with May last year at Bodis and... 60% down.

Normally, during the period after christmas, new year, etc. , I take a ~20% permanent hit every year (talking globally now, not just Bodis). This year however that same hit was at around 40%-50% (based on the revenue I'm seeing at Above).
Not that I expect big money from Bodis,but that's ridiculous. I only left 30 names on Bodis that used to make decent profit and test some new names before moving them to sale only Landers. But still, this is comedy, not domain parking.

Last edited:
•••
I looked at my numbers from last May compared to this May and my numbers are down slightly roughly 10%. Overall my numbers have been consistent.

•••
10-20% down, but we buy new domains every day.

•••
@keim123 I didn’t factor in purchasing new domains every month. If I didn’t buy new domains my percentage down would be greater.

•••
The best way to measure the changes in your traffic portfolio is by comparing RPM. No matter what has changed in traffic, clicks and earnings, RPM will always show you a metric you can trust to be correct. That's why I'm always baffled when I read people comparing their EPC (which really makes no sense if you think about it).

The important thing however is, you always need to compare RPM within the same location that the domains perform, eg. Bodis RPM now vs Bodis RPM last year, not Bodis RPM vs Sedo RPM or Sedo vs PC etc.

•••
The best way to measure the changes in your traffic portfolio is by comparing RPM. No matter what has changed in traffic, clicks and earnings, RPM will always show you a metric you can trust to be correct. That's why I'm always baffled when I read people comparing their EPC (which really makes no sense if you think about it).

The important thing however is, you always need to compare RPM within the same location that the domains perform, eg. Bodis RPM now vs Bodis RPM last year, not Bodis RPM vs Sedo RPM or Sedo vs PC etc.
Hi

since traffic, clicks and epc are variables,
then rpm will vary as well

a domain name may get $0.75 click one day and rpm will change to calculate that rate.... should it stay the same for 1K visitors.
however, that is only an estimate or average of what the name might earn, if all variables remain consistent.

still, i guess it's up to individual to decide which metrics to give more weight to.
for me, epc for each name is top metric and then ctr, followed by visitors.

also, i do compare epc across platforms, just to know which, if any, pays more than the others.

imo...

•••

Sure, but when EPC goes down, the number of visits and clicks doesn't magically increase to compensate for it.

It's a given that people compare their overall revenue earned per month (or RPM, it's the same thing essentially)

My trends are also going downward with most domains with revenues down from previous year. This can be explained by the fact it's pretty much all expired traffic but if EPC is down in general, then typo domains should be down as well since they have relatively steady visits and CTR.

•••
•••
wait and see if June 5th doesnt cause gov workers in US to stay home. Who would work if they dont get paid? People dont work for free. I think they call that slavery. If this happens, people will be on the net more and clicking more as well. gl.

•••
RPM (with M being '1 thousand of visits' and not 'month' btw.:xf.smile:) being a single value helps in determining quickly the performance no matter what the other values (that relies on) change.

That doesn't mean that the RPM value is stable; it only means that the resulted number will be consistent no matter whether one adds more domains to their portfolio or whether one day brings 1x $10 click and the next 100x $0.10 clicks.

In the $10 vs $0.10 for example, according to those that compare EPC that's bad performance. According to RPM however the performance is table (as it should be).

What interests us is how much $$ we get for the traffic we provide to the advertisers and the only single metric that can provide a trustworthy value is RPM.

Last edited:
•••
RPM (with M being '1 thousand of visits' and not 'month' btw.:xf.smile:) being a single value helps in determining quickly the performance no matter what the other values (that relies on) change.

That doesn't mean that the RPM value is stable; it only means that the resulted number will be consistent no matter whether one adds more domains to their portfolio or whether one day brings 1x $10 click and the next 100x $0.10 clicks.

In the $10 vs $0.10 for example, according to those that compare EPC that's bad performance. According to RPM however the performance is table (as it should be).

What interests us is how much $$ we get for the traffic we provide to the advertisers and the only single metric that can provide a trustworthy value is RPM.

I used to have a domain that brought the majority of my visits, more than all the others combined.

That domain was mostly visited by Korean (and some Japanese) visitors. The ads must not have been relevant to them because it had a measly 2% CTR and like $0.02 EPC. I have since sold the domain to an end user and no longer receive visitors from it. This month I have slightly over 30% CTR and average EPC of $0.25

If I were to analyze RPM, I would conclude that I've made a gigantic increase on my parking performance since I sold that domain. In reality, my parking revenues have decreased.

You understand what I mean? RPM is useless without context.

•••
@Lord Antares ,
when there is specific need to look at a domain (for whatever reason) then, yes, looking into details matters. I think that's obvious.

When, however, one needs to take a look at a whole portfolio's performance through time, going into details takes a lot of time -especially when the portfolio is large and diverse- using just a 1-dimensional metric at a time (eg. just EPC) won't cut it.
That's why RPM exists, to show how your traffic, during the time of the report, has performed by providing a baseline of 1000 visits.

•••
help me:

uniques clicks Earnings CTR EPC RPM

purse.nu
2830.50 USD10.71 %0.17 USD17.71 USD

is this a good example for current month? ty

Last edited:
•••
@Lord Antares ,
when there is specific need to look at a domain (for whatever reason) then, yes, looking into details matters. I think that's obvious.

When, however, one needs to take a look at a whole portfolio's performance through time, going into details takes a lot of time -especially when the portfolio is large and diverse- using just a 1-dimensional metric at a time (eg. just EPC) won't cut it.
That's why RPM exists, to show how your traffic, during the time of the report, has performed by providing a baseline of 1000 visits.

If your portfolio stays the same, then yes. Otherwise not at all.

•••
What the most experienced guys think? Are Boris stats the most accurate in comparison to Dan and Sedo which are rubbish? Does Bodis filter bots? I'm only talking about the views.

Last edited:
•••
What the most experienced guys think? Are Boris stats the most accurate in comparison to Dan and Sedo which are rubbish? Does Bodis filter bots? I'm only talking about the views.

Yes. Dan nd Sedo don't filter bots. Bodis is a lot more accurate.

•••
Hi

bodis stats give more detail about origination of traffic, than sedo, as it relates to ppc.
dan stats are irrelevant, because it's not ppc.

sedo filters bots from ppc, but not so much from 'offer views'.

you have to understand that sedo is a marketplace, and bodis is not.

so you may have random visitors peek at your offer page at sedo, whereas @ bodis, all traffic is from the domains parked there.

imo....

•••
the last 4 days is falls greater (RPM and EPC.

•••
for me to see bad results like nowadays i need to go back to April 2021..

•••
•••
I believe this is just a temporary cycle. We just need to keep adding names and adjust our strategies up.

help me:

uniques clicks Earnings CTR EPC RPM

purse.nu
2830.50 USD10.71 %0.17 USD17.71 USD

is this a good example for current month? ty

•••
I believe this is just a temporary cycle. We just need to keep adding names and adjust our strategies up.
I hope so.Need google ads up too.

•••
I hope so.Need google ads up too.
yeah i hope too because if there is another "adjustment" like happened in 2016 it could be the end of this actual parking to a fully zeroclick thing..

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back