Dynadot

Has anyone else's EPC plummeted?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Lord Antares

Top Member
Impact
This month, the same traffic from the same sources brings me a lot less RPC (on bodis).

I'm talking from $0.5 to $0.2. Some are even worse. There's one high traffic but low epc which went from like $0.09 a click to $0.01.

Some keywords get absurdly low earnings, like a "chiropractor" click gets less than $0.1, "medical care" earns similarly.

Even an attorney domain which got me up to $3 per click last month plummeted to $0.39.

What is going on? Is anyone else experiencing this?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Same here (with Bodis)
That's why I don't stick to one parking service; ParkingCrew and Sedo, for example, perform better now compared to how they did a few months ago.

Note however that, all parking services constantly try to find better earnings for the traffic you send them. Some of those low earnings could be the results from those 'tests'.

•••
Tests, that's what I was thinking. But if they are tests, all of them are failing miserably.

Hopefully, it's just short term. Is it worth using above.com to optimize better? It seems to me like they too would need to waste a lot of time/money testing.

•••
The benefit in using something like Above or Parklogic is that the 'tests' happen also across different parking services instead to the 'tests' being restricted to what feeds one parking service serves.

So, if eg. Bodis is not performing that well in a certain period of time, a service like Above/Parklogic will immediately spot that low performance and switch the traffic elsewhere (if applicable)

It certainly is better compared to switching nameservers manually (in the case one wants to use another parking service)

Still,
Bodis is the best performer for quite some time now. It makes sense to wait and see what happens before making a switch. It might indeed be just a short term low performance.

•••
I was going to b*tch and moan a couple days ago, then today I've earned $6.39 on just two names.

My earnings are generally minuscule, but I'm hoping this is more than a fluke!

I've had higher single clicks before, but that was a couple years back or more.

I've been using Bodis this past one year, looking forward to year 2!

August was pretty disappointing btw.

Last edited:
•••
This month, the same traffic from the same sources brings me a lot less RPC (on bodis).

I'm talking from $0.5 to $0.2. Some are even worse. There's one high traffic but low epc which went from like $0.09 a click to $0.01.

Some keywords get absurdly low earnings, like a "chiropractor" click gets less than $0.1, "medical care" earns similarly.

Even an attorney domain which got me up to $3 per click last month plummeted to $0.39.

What is going on? Is anyone else experiencing this?

It depends which country the click comes from. Only US clicks pay OK. Even other 'western' countries pay peanuts.

I haven't noticed any significant change, my revenue is increasing steadily every month. Even August was better then expected.

Last edited:
•••
It depends which country the click comes from. Only US clicks pay OK. Even other 'western' countries pay peanuts.

I haven't noticed any significant change, my revenue is increasing steadily every month. Even August was better then expected.

Virtually all of my clicks are from the US.

•••
I recommend using above. I personally just had my second highest month in revenues. I’m currently split between PC, Bodis, and Maximizer.

•••
Bodis similar EPC problem, I have about 5000 domains there. bodis was the best so far, but I will have to try above and alternate bodis, parkingcrew. April EPC 0,36 now 0,28. It can also be in the summer.

Last edited:
•••
Seems like EPC for all domains has stabilized for me as of yesterday. It seems to be more or less as it was before.

We'll see if it keeps up.

•••
Bodis similar EPC problem, I have about 5000 domains there. bodis was the best so far, but I will have to try above and alternate bodis, parkingcrew. April EPC 0,36 now 0,28. It can also be in the summer.
Overall, the EPC with Bodis appear to be lower since the Dan integration dissolved. However, i was pleasantly suprised with a 48 cents EPC yesterday. So perhaps there is hope.

•••
Same here (with Bodis)
That's why I don't stick to one parking service; ParkingCrew and Sedo, for example, perform better now compared to how they did a few months ago.

Note however that, all parking services constantly try to find better earnings for the traffic you send them. Some of those low earnings could be the results from those 'tests'.
In a message from Bodis, they did indicate that if low earnings are of concern, you could check to see if irrelevant ads appear are displaying for a long period of time. At that point, you can override the Related Search terms with others that would likely be more relevant.
So one question is whether it is more effective to manually be doing the changes in the Related Search Terms? Or which parking service does this automatically and effectively?

•••
@LoveCatchyDomains ,
editing keywords can be a double-edged sword.

It's not easy to see what ads are being shown to the visitors that land on the parking page since what they see it's not necessarily what you will see by visiting the same page.

I use custom keywords a lot and I can verify that there are times where a domain can be 'saved' (ie. in the case that domain has traffic but no conversion) but one *really* needs to know what they are doing before messing with the keywords.

Most of the time the algorithm knows what converts best for that specific moment, for that specific visitor, for that specific country etc. Hard-coding (or suggesting) a certain set of keyword terms might lead to losing a good conversion just because the wrong keywords -your keywords- appeared on the lander.

I spend at least 30 minutes doing deep research prior to change keywords on a domain (for every domain) since I want to be 100% sure that I won't mess things up.

If you don't know what you are doing better leave it to the algorithm, especially when there is high traffic involved.

•••
Hey @Lord Antares have you considered building a site on your top-performing domain name? You could virtually replicate the parking page, install your tracking softwares, then super-optimise your adverts. It's just an idea, but one that I've tried with a triple-improved amount of success. Only suggesting you do this for your top-performer. Have a good weekend everybody, I'm off to the beach. It'll probably rain all day 🌧️☂️.

•••
Most of the time the algorithm knows what converts best for that specific moment, for that specific visitor, for that specific country etc. Hard-coding (or suggesting) a certain set of keyword terms might lead to losing a good conversion just because the wrong keywords -your keywords- appeared on the lander.
So Parking Ad companies have algorithms that are that real-time specific, to even present information based on the country and user? Do you know which parking company uses the most sophisticated and effective methods? Maybe they should hire you?!

•••
So Parking Ad companies have algorithms that are that real-time specific, to even present information based on the country and user? Do you know which parking company uses the most sophisticated and effective methods? Maybe they should hire you?!

Afaik, all of them use such algorithms and even more since we're also talking about the biggest data cruncher out there: big G.

As for hiring me.. I can say only: lol . That's way over my head; I'm just a user that tries to get the best performance possible out of the tools I have.

Last edited:
•••
@LoveCatchyDomains ,
editing keywords can be a double-edged sword.

It's not easy to see what ads are being shown to the visitors that land on the parking page since what they see it's not necessarily what you will see by visiting the same page.
Very good point.
One curious aspect i've noted:
On one's account page in Bodis, one can click on the link to see the lander. My underdanding is that one is not allowed to otherwise click on the links within the lander. Doing so would at least provide at least one instance of seeing actually shows up.
Is there a way on Bodis or in the other ad providers, where you can click on those links within the account page, and not have it counted and cause trouble with the ppc count?
Granted, that still may not show what different pages are shown for different regions and different users, but it would be a nice start.

•••
@LoveCatchyDomains ,
afaik, no. You can do something like that by using a 'clean' environment (eg. a virtual OS) with a VPN but.. why do that? What you are going to see -whether from your account or a clean OS- will be tailored to what you are/were doing at that moment and, since the virtual os will have nothing (and, in the case of clicking straight from you account, will probably 'sterilise' the redirect), you will probably get generic ads.

The only way to have an idea of what really shows on your lander -and that's just my opinion and my way of doing things- is... Bodis.
No other service has such high accuracy in what kind of keywords are being served on your domain (I'm referring to the 'Reports->Terms' page when a domain is selected).

That is the reason I always direct traffic 100% to bodis when I first enter a domain in my Above.com account. I let it stay there for about a week, I then check the 'Terms' and *only then* I make my decisions (ie. whether I will edit keywords, redirect traffic to all other parking services, etc.)

•••
The only way to have an idea of what really shows on your lander -and that's just my opinion and my way of doing things- is... Bodis.
No other service has such high accuracy in what kind of keywords are being served on your domain (I'm referring to the 'Reports->Terms' page when a domain is selected).

That is the reason I always direct traffic 100% to bodis when I first enter a domain in my Above.com account. I let it stay there for about a week, I then check the 'Terms' and *only then* I make my decisions (ie. whether I will edit keywords, redirect traffic to all other parking services, etc.)
That's good to know, that Bodis is your first choice. Above.com's website indicates that they do the automatic maximization. But it sounds like you have had more success by doing the extra work on your own?

•••
@LoveCatchyDomains ,
you should always be aware of how your domains are doing imo.

It's not just Above.com. One should always do some extra work. I can't even count the times I have found domains that I owned not doing what I thought they were doing.

Above.com -just like Parklogic- will try to get the most out of your domains but they are not all-knowing. We need to have a certain level of awareness at all times.

I think we have strayed too far from the point of the thread though :)

•••

This is huge. I have always wondered about this particular issue.

In my case, I just leave it to the algorithm.

Last edited:
•••
Down everywhere doesn't matter where you park

•••
Down everywhere doesn't matter where you park

Well, at least there appears to be several members that are having improved returns:

That's why I don't stick to one parking service; ParkingCrew and Sedo, for example, perform better now compared to how they did a few months ago. I recommend using above. I personally just had my second highest month in revenues.
I recommend using above. I personally just had my second highest month in revenues. I’m currently split between PC, Bodis, and Maximizer.
Thanks for the input, folks. Glad to see that there is hope still for ad-parking revenues.

•••
I’m on track to having my highest month ever. Attached is one of my domains epc from yesterday.

Attachments

• 495EB81A-BB83-4CEF-BAB8-36569BBEE6CE.jpeg
    495EB81A-BB83-4CEF-BAB8-36569BBEE6CE.jpeg
    118.6 KB · Views: 211
•••
I’m on track to having my highest month ever. Attached is one of my domains epc from yesterday.
Congrats! And thanks for sharing the screenshot and insights.

So how long do you keep a domain in one particular service, before you try switching to another if it is underperforming?
Also, you indicated your domains are split between Parking Crew, Bodis, and Maximizer. Are there certain domain categories or extensions that do better with one service over another?

•••
Back