Dynadot .com transfer sale, only $10.12 with coupon code DYNA12, available while supplies last, ends October 1, 2026.

question Hand Registered Domain

SpaceshipSpaceship
Spacemail by SpaceshipSpacemail by Spaceship
SpaceshipSpaceship
Watch

Maxleron

Established Member
Impact
12
Is it possible to buy a hand registered new age domain at a cheap price and sell it the next day for tens of thousands of dollars?
 
1
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
Tens of thousands? With a lot of research and some luck it could happen but I wouldnt bet on it.

Decent profit? Doable, if you know what you're doing.
 
2
•••
I have just sold my two hand reg domains $200 each.
 
6
•••
For the people who say there is no money in hand registered and make fun of the topic hope to learn from this video

In many of the threads you start, you follow this same pattern of asking the equivalent of -how long is a piece of rope'. Then you are unhappy with the replies and act like it is the fault of everyone else.

There is a huge amount of info on this site and others. If you were really serious you'd read all that and then just ask for clarification.

If you're so sure of turning $10 into $10,000 overnight, then do it and come back and enlighten us instead of arguing if it's possible.

Also, more than a few of your questions could be answered by typing directly into google instead of here.

Whenever a self proclaimed newbie comes and starts arguing about what they know nothing about, I start thinking it's a troll.
 
2
•••
Ive just sold my one hand reg .biz for 800 euro

.biz Ok? not com..
 
3
•••
I’m a newbie so I’m not allowed to post links but if you use the handy search tab at the top and type in hand reg and filter by posts from the last month you will find quite a few hand regs that were reportedly sold for a decent profit in a short amount of time.

I don’t think any of them were tens of thousands of dollars and most I looked through were outbounds.

The closest example I can think of is covfefe dot com where the owner supposedly turned down a 15k offer. But that had more to do with striking while the iron was hot, being the fastest to the draw, and paying attention to the news than solely dumb luck.
 
1
•••
with all the gtlds out there now, chances are there is one sitting available that could be worth 10k. Good luck selling any name the next day though.
 
0
•••
Is it possible to buy a hand registered new age domain at a cheap price and sell it the next day for tens of thousands of dollars?

I sold a domain within a day for $1200. The buyer told me he was going to buy the domain around the same time I bought it, but he had to nip down to the shops. ;)

What cost me $12 cost him $1200.
I still don't see anything on the site.

It's pure luck.

I hand reg a lot of domains around new tech news. New tech terms would most likely not have been registered if the idea was not around 20 years ago. Anyway that's my way, hope you find your lucky buyer.
 
Last edited:
2
•••
In many of the threads you start, you follow this same pattern of asking the equivalent of -how long is a piece of rope'. Then you are unhappy with the replies and act like it is the fault of everyone else.

There is a huge amount of info on this site and others. If you were really serious you'd read all that and then just ask for clarification.

If you're so sure of turning $10 into $10,000 overnight, then do it and come back and enlighten us instead of arguing if it's possible.

Also, more than a few of your questions could be answered by typing directly into google instead of here.

Whenever a self proclaimed newbie comes and starts arguing about what they know nothing about, I start thinking it's a troll.
You don't know who I'm to talk about me you don't have the right to do that and i'm free to submit post anywhere I want and that's not your business, if you are not interested about the topic don't reply on it
 
0
•••
If I had a high quality domain and nobody register it before and there is a demand on this domain why not selling it the next day at marketplace with the price that reflect it's real value ?
The problem is it's real value would be $8.99.
 
1
•••
The problem is it's real value would be $8.99.
Simply it will be not a high quality domain if it's value on the market $8.99
 
0
•••
If I had a high quality domain and nobody register it before and there is a demand on this domain why not selling it the next day at marketplace with the price that reflect it's real value ?

Because. As others have said. Firstly: All high quality domains have already been registered for years, if not decades. Secondly: How do you prove the demand for an unregistered domain? Thirdly: The odds of this happening to you, a relative noob (based on your NP registration date) are higher than you winning the first prize on the lottery with a single ticket. It's possible. But highly unlikely. The odds are in the stratosphere.

All I can say to you is register that unregistered domain right NOW! And Dream On.
 
Last edited:
2
•••
I found LosAngelesTours.com and registered for $10. EstiBot says it’s worth $8,800 and I think I can get some decent money out of it. There should be a decent market available willing to pay ok money for it.

I still have it :) so wish me luck haha
 
0
•••
Anything is possible but be more realistic with your expectations. Can you register and sell it for $10,000? Never! For $1,000? Absolutely!
 
1
•••
Slim chances, but possible. And certainly not next day.
 
0
•••
I've had a few where I've sold them for a few hundred bucks within a few days after hand reg. I've also had a sale the same day an expired name hit my account for $800 when I paid roughly $60 for it at auction. It's possible as others have said, but unlikely. I think making $100 flips of hand reg'd ones is far more likely and reasonable.
 
0
•••
Hi @Maxleron ...

I read all above mentioned comments...and agree with all of them...even with your side of thinking.

is it possible to hand reg a domain and get a buyer willing to pay thousands the next day..?!

Of course it is possible...

The point is can you depend on that possibility and earn a lot...(even just earn)

No !!

Should you reg based on this possibility criteria...

Never !!

Why ?

Because the odds are very very low...

Why ?

- the buyer who is willing to pay thousands of dollars for a domain name...most possibly already searched for that domain in all possible ways and places.
- and finding you at the same time when they need is again very low chance.
- and all of it happening the very next day is very very very very very low.

That is why even investment of $10 based on this expectation is not worth!

Considering you expecting all this happens without any efforts from your side to sell...

These possibilities slightly increase when you are hand reg a domain after thorough analysis...following current trends... reaching out to possible buyers by outbound marketing...and luckily they responded means you have a chance.

Is it worth... still No...
It may happen in months/years.... you can invest and expect a good return/great profit once you have done research before regng and willing to wait.

Like @sarahsdomains mentioned...all great domains are already regd long ago...if not regd that means the keywords in the domain name doesn't exist before!
New technology..new systems...new trends so new need of that domain.

If it makes you any better in believing our thoughts...most...if not every
start up is looking first to secure their domain names before even naming their company!!

This saves them lot of money to spend in acquiring that name.

...and all are trying to tell the same point but some putting in a sarcastic way, I see that a lot when experienced members responding to new members...may it be appraisal requests or forum qyquestio.

Just take the point and ignore the sarcasm.

Thanks,
Ravi.
 
2
•••
Anything can be possible if buyer thinks he must have that domain and no alternate domain available for his company and can go to any extent in terms of price to get it!

Many domains are there which cannot sell for 10$ by us , the same can be sold by other seller for few thousands of dollars.. It all depends on timing, right client, negotiation, patience and offcourse the domain should be great from buyer point of view!
 
Last edited:
1
•••
Anything can be possible if buyer thinks he must have that domain and no alternate domain available for his company and can go to any extent in terms of price to get it!

Many domains are there which cannot sell for 10$ by us , the same can be sold by other seller for few thousands of dollars.. It all depends on timing, right client, negotiation, patience and offcourse the domain should be great from buyer point of view!

Agree with the sentiment. However the OP wants all this to take place within 24hrs after registration. with no plan of action on how he is going to achieve that.
 
Last edited:
0
•••
Is it possible to buy a hand registered new age domain at a cheap price and sell it the next day for tens of thousands of dollars?
The question is like throwing a spanner into a spinning wheel...:woot:
 
0
•••
Agree with the sentiment. However the OP wants all this to take place within 24hrs after registration. with no plan of action on how he is going to achieve that.

Haha . Next day, probabilities is damn low and there is no such formula that if you apply that the sale will happen in so and so days!
 
1
•••
DomainEasy: white label portfolios are live. Enable yours.

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back