Dynadot

question Hand Registered Domain

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Maxleron

Established Member
Impact
Is it possible to buy a hand registered new age domain at a cheap price and sell it the next day for tens of thousands of dollars?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
So hand reg selling for 10K+ next day could be possible..
After being an investor for ten years I can say that it hasn't happened to me BUT:
I bought Photo-T/o/u/r/s/ in king for $5+ fees and sold for $12,000USD a few months latter...
It could have been a hand reg, it was a $5 closeout at Godaddy that was going to DROP.

I have other sales and deals that I bought for $10 and sold for five figures months latter...
Then what are you talking! next day as refereed by the OP is idiomatic. If it does not possible in the exact following day and later possible in few months; what are the differences? Is it not reg fee and no any renewal.

•••
Do you actually know any hippies with tens of thousands to spend on new age domains?

•••
The fairy tails you hear it happen always turns out to be bought of someone else then on sold. People flip names try tell others they hand registered it.

•••
Okay @Maxleron - up until the time you registered the new domain, anybody could have registered it for $10 (let's say). So how are you going to find someone to buy your new domain for $10,000 the very next day?
Don't generalize!

•••
Is it possible to buy a hand registered new age domain at a cheap price and sell it the next day for tens of thousands of dollars?
You are more likely to be struck by the lightning...while sitting on the couch

•••
I have done so twice
but it took a few weeks instead of next day
and it was 10K €

•••
If you need clean money you always can handreg something and "sell" it for xxxxx or more.
I saw a few domains report at namebio wich I suspect were "sold" this way.

•••
GeniusPainter.com available for hand reg

•••
Hand regging and waiting 1 day for a 5-digit sale is like fishing for blue fin tuna, from the shore, while using bait for sardines. Could happen theoretically, you just have to wait for ONE specific blue fin tuna to develop an appetite for sardine bait. Not gonna happen in 24hrs though, but a 0.000001% possibility is still a possibility. No one predicted evolution and almost no one can predict all upcoming market trends

Btw this is coming from someone who has ~25 domains in his portfolio, all proudly hand regged, and 0 sales till now. Am I going to renew all my regs next year? Most certainly NO. Been in this business for less than 1 month, started with 4 hand regs and thought I'd easily sell before buying more but you just can't help it sometimes. Now I know what my expectations are, mostly thanks to NP members guidance.

Tip: all single dictionary words are taken and you need experience and tons of research to find good 2 keyword domains that go well together AND MIGHT have demand in the next couple of years or so. Yes, YEARS. Go for brandables if you're still determined to hand reg. You never know when the term that you've come up becomes trendy in one way or another. Just don't go nuts hand regging every term you think might sound nice to your ears, you'll end up with ~1000 hand regs in your first year and then renewals arrive.. Remember 1000 hand regs are ~$9000 for the first year and the cost doubles for renewals. Already seen an example on here.

Now back to the fishing example, whatever bait you're using, don't stay on shore. Get on your boat and sail to the middle of the sea (outbound sales).

*that was a loooong post, I'm sorry!*

•••
Setup a company.
Register a domain as an individual.
Next day sell it to your company for...as much as you want.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back