Dynadot

I hand-regged 3 names on GoDaddy, 30 minutes later they're still available to hand-reg

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

campout

Top Member
Impact
30 minutes ago, I hand-regged 3 .com's on GoDaddy.

They are still not in my account, and are in fact still available to hand-reg.

Anyone else been experiencing this lately?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I had the same issue just now...I had to go elsewhere for a reg...... Something is going on right now.

•••
51 minutes ago now...

I'm calling into Support, but they say there's a large volume of calls right now and I'm on hold.

•••
They told me there is an issue that's taking 3-4 hours. Gonna go reg these at NameSilo.

•••
51 minutes ago now...

I'm calling into Support, but they say there's a large volume of calls right now and I'm on hold.
What's crazy is I got a prompt saying that it was registered to my account. I would have assumed it was registered, but the whole process seemed different so I later checked whois and saw the domain was not registered....My point is, a lot of people are going to assume the domain was registered when in fact it wasn't.

•••
happened to me once before.. couple weeks. there was delay of around 5-6 hours to get into account

when I called they said its a bug and delay

however, they also said for all future reference when this happens, icann still receives order from gd and no one will be able to reg them after you elsewher.e the delay is just getting them into your accnt/whois etc. but the order was placed and your the owner. everyone else even if they pay for it elsewhere, will just get refunded and order will fail

this turned out to be true in my case when it happened.

•••
Annnddddd GoDaddy created one of them right before I checked out at NameSilo, so the NameSilo order got blocked.

•••
Annnddddd GoDaddy created one of them right before I checked out at NameSilo, so the NameSilo order got blocked.
As an update, I just got an email saying the registration was "unsuccessful"......

•••
icann still receives order from gd and no one will be able to reg them after you

That's not correct. I was able to buy the other 2 domains at NameSilo.

•••
Total lameness.

On a similar note, Godaddy's ridiculous new gauntlet for canceling a domain renewal is a huge PITA. If that isn't bad enough, they have the nerve to send you to a survey question just when you think you're done with it.

•••
That's not correct. I was able to buy the other 2 domains at NameSilo.

I assurre you, it was absolutely correct in my situation which I described.

I placed order for few domains
got instant email order confirmation
then waited 5-7 hours for them to appear in my accnt
when I called them to ask why the wait and why I can still reg them duinr that time elsehwere or on gd.. they said if I got the email then they asre mine and if regged elsehwere will be refunded, cause gd already sent order up to higher levels. it just isn't showimng up on lower ones

not sure exacly what happened in your case, but if you were able to reg them elsewhere in meantime, then our situations must be different. unless you wake up tomorrow to an order cancel from namesilo :)

•••
As an update, I just got an email saying the registration was "unsuccessful"......

you mean yuor gd registration or another registrar you tried to reg on?

•••
gd is not been happy all day today. "servers are backlogged" or something...

•••
you mean yuor gd registration or another registrar you tried to reg on?
My GD original attempt did not reg...I did reg it elsewhere successfully.

•••
My GD original attempt did not reg...I did reg it elsewhere successfully.

I see, did you by chance get email confirmation for your gd order like I did in the other time I was describing? that could make all difference between if your order went through or not. even if it takes some hours sometimes to put into your accnt and even if durin those hours you are able to reg elsewhere. well.. anywya.. at least for me that was true.

•••
I did a gd reg at 11:52 pm EST. Got the confirmation email and domain is in my account.

•••
It seems like there was an issue with their system today.
I updated a few nameservers and they were under "Pending Update" mode for almost 2-3 hours.

•••
I had once few days ago, I thought I am the only one LOL

•••
I see, did you by chance get email confirmation for your gd order like I did in the other time I was describing? that could make all difference between if your order went through or not. even if it takes some hours sometimes to put into your accnt and even if durin those hours you are able to reg elsewhere. well.. anywya.. at least for me that was true.
I did not get a confirmation email from GD. However, I did get a successful confirmation after checking out from GD.....Checked whois, saw it wasn't registered and went elsewhere.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back