IT.COM

Hand regged sold in 47 minutes

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

boker

Top Member
Impact
Still in escrow, so hopefully everything goes well. Hand regged using a coupon and like usually set it up for sale on major marketplaces, on some with make offer and on others with buy now. After 47 minutes somebody hits buy now button for around 1k. Best ROI from a sale until now. I can not give more details until the sale is final and the cash is where it should be....in my account.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Would love to hear the name

•••
Nice lucky BIN, Congrats!

Did the name drop recently before you reg'd it?

Hand regged using a coupon

Hehe, Dotster reg?

•••
Still in escrow, so hopefully everything goes well. Hand regged using a coupon and like usually set it up for sale on major marketplaces, on some with make offer and on others with buy now. After 47 minutes somebody hits buy now button for around 1k. Best ROI from a sale until now. I can not give more details until the sale is final and the cash is where it should be....in my account.

Probably a dropped name.

•••
Congrats.. Would love to hear the name @boker

•••
Congrats dude! Please PM the name when all is done.

•••
Probably a dropped name.
It was dropped two times before, but not recently...was available for the last years.

•••
Nice lucky BIN, Congrats!

Did the name drop recently before you reg'd it?

Hehe, Dotster reg?
Not recently, no. Yes, dotster's family.

•••
That’s crazy, only thing I can think what’s happened here, is they was looking at registering this name for a while, never did, you came along and took it so they had no option other than to give you $1k for it.

Congrats.
I was thinking the same thing at the beginning, but the time frame was to short for this....that means that the buyer should check the whois just a few minutes after it was registered, to find it thru google on major marketplaces, to find exactly the one place which had BIN( the others were make offer). So to do that in just a good half an hour it's improbable....the name is a 2 words brandable, so I think that the buyer was just using some keywords looking for a name and this one was the right thing at the right place. It was submitted before the sale to BB, I 'm curious if they will accept it and what will be the price tag. From my experience the buyers don't check how long you owned the domain, if it fit's the searched criteria than it's good. From around 750 names, this is the third time for a regged name to get offers in the first day, I had one more .co with low to mid xxx offer in the first 24 hours and one mid xxx offer for a double letter brandable.

Last edited:
•••
Wow great stuff. Can't wait to hear the details. Congrats!

•••
Could you tell us, how or what criteria you used to find that expired domain?. you went through expired list or through your own madeup word?

•••
It was dropped two times before, but not recently...was available for the last years.

there is hope for "F'ed" up blind reg impulse buys without checking domaintools whois! lol

•••
This is quite encouraging, I've been holding some domains for months now still hoping yo get reasonable offers with good roi like yours. Congrats

•••
I had a better rate of return .99 cents on ebay sold for 4500 with 300 paid escrow which escrow only ran half that because customer wired money so more or less a $4650 profit

•••
Could you tell us, how or what criteria you used to find that expired domain?. you went through expired list or through your own madeup word?
I have a list of around 200 keywords that worked well for me before, regarding offers and views, so mostly I buy around these keywords.

•••
I had a better rate of return .99 cents on ebay sold for 4500 with 300 paid escrow which escrow only ran half that because customer wired money so more or less a $4650 profit
You have done well...for me it's important because it was in a short time frame and you can reinvest the amount to generate more roi

•••
•••
I would advise you share NO info with anyone UNTIL you have money in your pocket.

•••
•••
I would advise you share NO info with anyone UNTIL you have money in your pocket.
I intend to do so...I have lost other sales before, so I'm not making the same mistakes twice.

•••
Well done -- what a great flip. Without giving the name away, give all a clue ? Was it a two word dot com for example ?

Great sale ;)

Best,
Paul

•••
Well done -- what a great flip. Without giving the name away, give all a clue ? Was it a two word dot com for example ?

Great sale ;)

Best,
Paul
Yes, two word brandable.

•••
which platform was it sold on?

•••
Congratulation, I will Subscribed this thread sir.

•••
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back