Status
Not open for further replies.

Paulhq

Established Member
Impact
What’s your name?
A: Paul

Where do you live?
A: Planet Earth, Milky way galaxy, Universe.

What’s your level of expertise?
novice, intermediate, expert, etc.
A: Novice

How much experience do you have in the domain industry?
years, experience, etc.
A: Started this year

What would you like to specifically learn first?
how to buy a domain, domain history, best selling strategies, government policies, etc.
A: The very first thing I need to learn - how do I make good friends, acquaintances and partners here? - Then, how do I get sufficient privileges to sell a domain name. - Then I also want to know what’s the catch behind people giving out free domains in the free domain section. - Then most importantly, like most newbies here, how to sell domain names effectively (high prices) and quickly (low prices), and how/where to get/identify good sell able domains

Are you currently working on any projects or ideas?
A: Yes, trying to sell at least one of the ten domains I bought, so I'll know am on the right track.

What are your short-term goals in the next year?
A: To sell a breakthrough domain name; my definition of breakthrough is just in term of tens of thousands.

What are your long-term goals in the next 5 years?
A: I am currently working on a website (I am a website/wordpress developer) which I will give my all for three years, then sell it.

What was your first domain you purchased?
A: The first domains I purchased were for my website projects and my clients, but that's a normal godaddy registration. So I haven't really purchased a domain other than that way. The first domain I sold was bauncer.com, but I didn't register it with the intention of selling it. The first [set of ] domain I bought with the intention of selling it, are jehny.com, ourproduces.com and whatssop.com among ten others [which I am still trying to sell]

PS: they are still for sale

Why did you start investing in domains? Please tell us the story.
A: Well, I am student, studying Engineering, and I fend for myself through website development and other petty jobs, but clients only come in once in a while and it makes my schedule tight, I was inspired when someone out of nowhere requested and bought one of my domain names I was working on. So I did some few research and lots of domain availability checks and thinking, and registered 10 more with the money I got from the first sales. I am currently looking for buyers for these domains and that’s how I found namespro.com . Even though I have only been on my computer searching for 2 weeks now, I was already feeling disappointed already. But I have now accepted the fact that my domain names will sell for less than I expect, or may not sell at all, so I am prepared for both, but I will prefer the first option.

So this is my story, and these are my domain names
- jehny.com
- ourproduces.com
- whatssop.com
- gnldpartner.com
- one9t.com
- ontv29t.com
- on29t.com
- bounsar.com
- hoverload.com
- staymotivatedeveryday.com

Once again, nice to join you all.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hello Paul!

Welcome to NP forum!

I wish you success in your domaining business :)

•••
•••
Hi Paul. Welcome. If you are interested in the Chinese domain market, try the
Chinese Domain Discussion section, which has lots of useful information. If you have any question on Chinese domain names, feel free to ask me.

•••
•••
Welcome to Domaining and namePros!

•••
•••
•••
•••
Hello @Paulhq !

Welcome aboard to NamePros! :)

•••
Hello Paul, Welcome 2 Namepros!!!

•••
Hello Paul :) Welcome to Namepros!

Good Intro.

•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
Hello Paul!

Welcome to NamePros. Make sure to read, read, read and then read some more so you learn the industry well and eventually earn well.

I wish you success in your domaining business :)

•••
•••
Welcome Paul!

If you want to sell a domain for $xx,xxx in your first year, you need to either be:
1. extremely talented or lucky to find an undervalued gem, or
2. a top 5% sales person.

It's certainly possible, just not easy. READ a lot, find a mentor...

If I was in your shoes, I might use my development skills and build out staymotivatedeveryday.com, with crowd-sourced content. Could be an awesome community, with some ads and affiliate sales...

•••
Awesome intro Paul. It's great to have you at the forum! :)

•••
•••
•••
•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back