Dynadot

Got Perma-Banned from GoDaddy Auctions for NO REASON

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Are GoDaddy Auctions fair in your opinion?

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • Yes

votes
    25.8%
  • Possibly not

votes
    71.0%
  • Maybe

vote
    3.2%
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

Save Breach

Top Member
Impact
So, I was bidding on a CVCV.com, then the next morning weirdly enough I got logged out from my Investor App (I often prefer using the Investor app rather). Then a message popped up that I needed membership to participate in auctions each time I tried to log in the app.

Afterwards, it appears my auction account got suspended as auctions page kept giving a redirect to the Auctions help page.

Don't know if that's some insider play to boost only a few big investors to win the auctions (although I suspect so). But now I don't believe in the fairness/legitimacy of GD auctions anymore. As the ban made no sense, also I haven't got a proper reply from their auctions support which is all the more disappointing.

I no longer believe in the fairness of GoDaddy auctions. I repeat.

Their support too is ridiculous, after making one pay for the auction membership, you don't offer proper support -- randomly ban without notices. Then @Joe Styler gave a funny response, that ban is irreversible. This just doesn't make sense. I need a resolution.

Next: my plan is to move my future sales/auctions and all domains to Epik, as I have seen they are a lot more better at providing support (was pleased with @Rob Monster 's fast support turnaround). They also have a much better UI than GD.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I need a resolution.

I have most of my domains at Epik, but your resolution could be only thing i like about Godaddy; @Joe Styler

He gets things done. Dont get banned from biggest Auction platform, even if cease to use them, that's essentially being blackballed from the game. It's nice to have options. Fix this, you can still move to epik after.

Last edited:
•••
•••
This reply is just so much insensitive, and all the more frustrating, humiliating..

Attachments

• IMG_20200417_103817.jpg
    IMG_20200417_103817.jpg
    194.9 KB · Views: 451
Last edited:
•••
I agree the reply is strong toned, but there is usually a basis behind that, what was your prior activity about before bidding on this single auction?

What exactly is it your doing, because they wouldn't suspend you for no reason, you are clearly doing something against their TOS?

•••
I agree the reply is strong toned, but there is usually a basis behind that, what was your prior activity about before bidding on this single auction?

What exactly is it your doing, because they wouldn't suspend you for no reason, you are clearly doing something against their TOS?

As per my knowledge, I did nothing wrong, against their ToS. As I am relatively new to GD auctions, I am not sure what wrong I could have done.

I want them to provide me a clarification if I did something wrong -- because I see nothing wrong that I did.

Would appreciate if they resolve it, even if they do so on an exceptional basis. But they just sent a harsh response that makes no sense to me.

Last edited:
•••
As per my knowledge, I did nothing wrong, against their ToS. As I am relatively new to GD auctions, I am not sure what wrong I could have done.

I want them to provide me a clarification if I did something wrong -- because I see nothing wrong that I did.

Would appreciate if they resolve it, even if they do so on an exceptional basis. But they just sent a harsh response that makes no sense to me.

It would not make any sense to ban people from auctions unless they had a reason to. More people, more bidding, higher auction prices. I would want as many people in my auctions as possible. I also noticed you had a - Restricted (Chatroom) here at NP. So not sure what you're doing to get restricted and banned from places. But mistakes have happened in the past. Not sure the full story with GoDaddy.

•••
It would not make any sense to ban people from auctions unless they had a reason to. More people, more bidding, higher auction prices. I would want as many people in my auctions as possible. I also noticed you had a - Restricted (Chatroom) here at NP. So not sure what you're doing to get restricted and banned from places.

I mistakenly uttered a swear word on NP chat thanks to my phone's autocorrect & frequent phrases. I am not hostile to any member -- you can verify the same with NP members.

I have all positive feedbacks up until now besides. 100% rating as it's the trades that count after all!

Last edited:
•••
I mistakenly uttered a swear word on NP chat thanks to my phone's autocorrect & frequent phrases (not intended, just a mistake). I am not hostile to any member -- you can verify the same with NP members.

I have all positive feedbacks up until now besides. 100% rating as it's the trades that count after all!

That actually seems drastic, getting banned for a cuss word if that's all it was. Seems like something you could appeal.

Last edited:
•••
@Save Breach Now that doesn't feel like an accurate representation, I seem to recall the chat, what were you trying to type, "ducking"? Someone else even called you out on the foul language, calling it a typo seems dishonest and hurts your credibility in this very thread.

I don't personally take issue with foul language, I find dishonesty to be much more offensive.

•••
That actually seems drastic, getting banned for a cuss word.

Yes it is so.

Also, one more thing is I posted a link to my auctions when the Green Light was greyed out & I wasn't aware of that (as I am new to chat). So that warning together with this cuss word resulted in a temp restriction which will get lifted.

Last edited:
•••
@Save Breach Now that doesn't feel like an accurate representation, I seem to recall the chat, what were you trying to type, "ducking"? Someone else even called you out on the foul language, calling it a typo seems dishonest and hurts your credibility in this very thread.

I don't personally take issue with foul language, I find dishonesty to be much more offensive.

It's just something else, unrelated. I didn't attack any member. And I apologise for the foul language and got temp restriction from the chat as a result.

If I was dishonest -- I wouldn't have accepted the mistake in the first place, no? I am trying to be as honest and as transparent as possible.

It was in the spirit of the transparency that this post was made. I know it might not get resolved as I am fairly new but I want to know their reasoning behind this ban (and possibly get a refund too, if they can't provide a notice prior to ban) -- it's just something I hate, ban without a reason can't be transparent, yes? Isn't that dishonest in the first place? (Banning a bidder in the middle of an auction)

Last edited:
•••
I also noticed you had a - Restricted (Chatroom) here at NP. So not sure what you're doing to get restricted and banned from places..

(Restricted Chatroom) means nothing.

i had 1 those too; most us learn the hard way; least form of “restriction” and often one week temporary as opposed this,which seem forever

Last edited:
•••

He said the “f word” in chat, hardly relevant, this might be why he’s (Chatroom restricted) didnt know any better; nothing to do with this.
I’m more inclined to believe him than Godaddy based off Styler’s judge, jury, executioner reply.
He’s fighting hard for his innocence, something someone who’s guilty, wouldn't do.

Samer

Last edited:
•••
He said the “f word” in chat, hardly relevant, this might be why he’s (Chatroom restricted) didnt know any better; nothing to do with this.
I’m more inclined to believe him than Godaddy based off Styler’s judge, jury, executioner reply.
He’s fighting hard for his innocence, something someone who’s guilty, wouldn't do.

Samer

It was brought up in the thread, which is why I mentioned it.

He said it was due to "autocorrect" when it clearly wasn't, that's all. Not sure what there is for you to disagree with but I'm glad the little button gave you an opportunity to express yourself.

I agree it's not relevant to the GoDaddy thing, beyond showing that maybe OP doesn't always represent things in the most earnest way. I don't care if anyone says the "F word" in chat, personally. I like swear words. I'm just pointing out that if they are trying to say it was due to "autocorrect", we have to take their other claims with a grain of salt.

Also, guilty people say that they're innocent all the time, pretty much every guilty person ever, I have no idea what you meant by that lol.

You can make a mistake and own up to it, but pretending it's auto correct hurts credibility, even in unrelated matters. That's all I was pointing that out. Hard to disagree with facts and reality.

Last edited:
•••
Don't know if that's some insider play to boost only a few big investors to win the auctions (although I suspect so).
Sorry .. but the above is just nonsense. The fewer people bidding on domains the less money they make.

Clearly you: (1) did something wrong .. or .. (2) did something they interpreted as wrong.

Maybe share the entirety of your discussion (start to finish with no edits or omissions) with @Joe Styler to begin with. He most definitely can be curt at times, but I'm pretty sure he wouldn't have answered that curt without there being a bit more to it.

Remember that there are many reasons you can be banned .. without giving us more details we can only assume you did one of them.

FYI .. if he was banned from chat for swearing it really isn't relevant here, so let's please focus on the details and facts pertaining to his ban from GoDaddy please. (Unless he indeed did lie about it as @Peak.Domains suggests might be a possibility)

Last edited:
•••
It was brought up in the thread, which is why I mentioned it.

He said it was due to "autocorrect" when it clearly wasn't, that's all. Not sure what there is for you to disagree with but I'm glad the little button gave you an opportunity to express yourself.

I agree it's not relevant to the GoDaddy thing, beyond that maybe OP doesn't always represent things in the most earnest way. I don't care if anyone says the "F word" in chat, personally. I like swear words. I'm just pointing out that if they are trying to say it was due to "autocorrect", we have to take their other claims with a grain of salt.

Also, guilty people say that they're innocent all the time, pretty much every guilty person ever, I have no idea what you meant by that lol.

it’s a minor offense, that wont be repeated.
Maybe said auto correct in embarrassment.
Maybe he was telling the truth. youre changing goalposts. This is a more serious matter than someone said “autocorrect” made him say F word chat. It was a minor offense to begin with; as most Chatroom restrictions are — It should not be used as a “litmus test” for what could be GD BS accusation- banned Gd auctions for life

Fyi this member has no history of wrongdoings than “said F word once” He’s nice guy in chat.
Enough trying to use this, grasping for straws.

Last edited:
•••
As much as I am no fan of GoDaddy they rarely block people from the auction site unless you don’t pay for winning auctions or are using fraudulent payment methods or some other nefarious activity regarding auctions and bidding.

No offense, but a permanent ban I think you have to know what it is you did there that you should not have. Even a non payer gets a 2nd chance. 🤷‍♂️

•••
As much as I am no fan of GoDaddy they rarely block people from the auction site unless you don’t pay for winning auctions or are using fraudulent payment methods or some other nefarious activity regarding auctions and bidding.

No offense, but a permanent ban I think you have to know what it is you did there that you should not have. Even a non payer gets a 2nd chance. 🤷‍♂️

Then you deserve to know what u did wrong

Last edited:
•••
Maybe share the entirety of your discussion (start to finish with no edits or omissions) with @Joe Styler to begin with. He most definitely can be curt at times, but I'm pretty sure he wouldn't have answered that curt without there being a bit more to it.

So here you go

Only redacted staff name and account detail

Attachments

• IMG_20200417_114926.jpg
    IMG_20200417_114926.jpg
    264.2 KB · Views: 414
Last edited:
•••
Yeah I agree, it's really not a big deal to say a bad word in chat, it's just weird to make up a story about autocorrect instead of just admitting you did it. It's odd that someone's first instinct is to misrepresent what happened, which is relevant until we hear GoDaddy's side of the story. We know OP was misleading about the "ban" on NamePros, and this thread is about being banned from GoDaddy. That's all I'm getting at, didn't mean for this to turn into a whole thing or to derail the thread so I'll bow out now. Plus, soon somebody somewhere else on NamePros will mention GoDaddy and your Bat Signal will go off so I'll leave you to that, cheers buddy.

•••
Yeah I agree, it's really not a big deal to say a bad word in chat, it's just weird to make up a story about autocorrect instead of just admitting you did it. It's odd that someone's first instinct is to misrepresent what happened, which is relevant until we hear GoDaddy's side of the story. We know OP was misleading about the "ban" on NamePros, and this thread is about being banned from GoDaddy. That's all I'm getting at, didn't mean for this to turn into a whole thing or to derail the thread so I'll bow out now. Plus, soon somebody somewhere else on NamePros will mention GoDaddy and your Bat Signal will go off so I'll leave you to that, cheers buddy.

He’s a new member. Can I ask what’s weird about say autocorrect out embarrassment? Should he have owned it? Yes. Yet Not fair to use that one instance (his only instance) as an example of “mischaracterization”

If i joined Namepros March 25, and was called out chat for saying the F word, wouldve have probably said “autocorrect” too! Move on. I just want to know why he was banned, bef jumping to conclusions based on trivial chatroom stuff ..

Last edited:
•••

Ducking due to autocorrect. Yes I meant the F word, but typed out ducking. I type the F word so much, that often few things are autocorrected to that. Yes, I am a mean guy who swears a lot? But does it matter? I apologize and won't swear again.

And F*ing autocorrect due to frequent phrases, I often have to mention to my friends that a typo happened due to "f autocorrect", so that got in as a frequent phrase, and I posted it in the chat (got a ban, well deserved imo)

Besides, I have accepted my mistake for getting a Chat Restriction, didn't I? Have I stood against it and said I got it for no reason? (I accepted it) I can't connect the dots what you are speaking about, really. If your only goal is to victimise me, or, blame me, then yeah please blame me as much as you can. My auction membership money lost, my auction (I was bidding) lost, I have a lot of worse things happening, so I don't care anymore -- yes, I should be put to blame for all that and I need to know why should I be banned and that's about it. If that's really my fault - is asking for a justification wrong? If that's unfair then I don't know what is fair in your opinion.

Finally, it's upto you to believe in me or, not. If you have a bad picture of mine as a newbie, it doesn't matter, I don't bother about RANDOM OPINIONS. That's it. Thanks for joining in the thread :)

Last edited:
•••
He’s a new member. ...
If i joined Namepros March 25, and was called out chat for saying the F word, wouldve have probably said “autocorrect” too! Move on. I just want to know why he was banned, bef jumping to conclusions based on trivial chatroom stuff ..

Please remember that "New Account" does not necessarily mean that he's a new member. In fact, based on how active he was in first couple of days I'd say he's not new to domains at least.

Also looking at one of his posts just a few weeks ago seems there was a currency liquidity issue.

It could very well be that he might have (with authorisation) used someone else's credit card to make the payment in a currency GD accepts, but that GD's system triggered a red flag because the name on the credit card did not match the account. With just a few minutes looking around I think we can at least say there might be some validity to GoDaddy's perception of possible and potential actions.

Again though .. without any details it's very hard to defend you, as even if GoDaddy's platform and system are a raging buggy mess of a disaster, they do seem to be on top of things when it comes to payments (or maybe it's ultimately the credit card company).

How many different forms of payment have you used to pay for domains over the last year at GoDaddy (on ALL your different accounts if multiple)? Were ANY of those forms of payment made with credit cards that did not have your name on it (even if you had permission)? Have any of your payments had issues (even if they were later resolved)?

I'm not saying you did anything illegal .. but at the same time, I'd say chances are high they you might have done something that got flagged by GoDaddy's payment system.

Maybe share with us any and all such potential issues you've had.

Also .. how many accounts do you have at GoDaddy and/or GoDaddy Auctions?

•••
Please remember that "New Account" does not necessarily mean that he's a new member. In fact, based on how active he was in first couple of days I'd say he's not new to domains at least.

Also looking at one of his posts just a few weeks ago seems there was a currency liquidity issue.

It could very well be that he might have (with authorisation) used someone else's credit card to make the payment in a currency GD accepts, but that GD's system triggered a red flag because the name on the credit card did not match the account. With just a few minutes looking around I think we can at least say there might be some validity to GoDaddy's perception of possible and potential actions.

Again though .. without any details it's very hard to defend you, as even if GoDaddy's platform and system are a raging buggy mess of a disaster, they do seem to be on top of things when it comes to payments (or maybe it's ultimately the credit card company).

How many different forms of payment have you used to pay for domains over the last year at GoDaddy (on ALL your different accounts if multiple)? Were ANY of those forms of payment made with credit cards that did not have your name on it (even if you had permission)? Have any of your payments had issues (even if they were later resolved)?

I'm not saying you did anything illegal .. but at the same time, I'd say chances are high they you might have done something that got flagged by GoDaddy's payment system.

Maybe share with us any and all such potential issues you've had.

Also .. how many accounts do you have at GoDaddy and/or GoDaddy Auctions?

only use one form payment, Ategy. everywhere

i only have one godaddy acc still tryin empty it

but i liked this take.

Samer

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back