IT.COM

Banned From GoDaddy Auctions Platform

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
So something odd happened today, maybe @Joe Styler can assist.

I went to log into GoDaddy auctions (auctions.godaddy.com), and I was redirected to GoDaddy auctions help. After two or three times being redirected, I had the feeling something was wrong.

So I called GD and an excellent rep walked me through possible solutions. Then finally he spotted something on my account...

I was banned from GD auctions. O_o I had an idea why, but it made absolutely no sense.

On Aug 9th I received a notification that my "domain has sold." Unfortunately on 7/8/16 I already sold that domain name through an outbound sale.

I have full documentation and proof of this; PayPal receipt, GD change of account eMail, and GD change of registrant eMails all on 7/8/2016.

On 8/9/16 I called GD and let them know that I had already sold this domain well over a month ago, I also notified auctions via eMail that I had already sold this domain name.

The domain wasn't even in my account anymore for over a month I'm not sure why a listing for a domain that is no longer in my account is still live but if that isn't a function of the platform it should be.

At any rate, I let the new owner know that someone was interested in the domain, I went above and beyond with my communication with GoDaddy but somehow I was banned from the platform.

I'm sure this is a mistake that can be rectified. Someone may have hastily passed judgement on the situation. I get renewal and up-sell calls often, a quick phone call or eMail from GD could have gone a long way to clear this up.

Thanks for your eyes on this.

- Joe

[Related Thread]

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
If they do that. It does not work. I just added names the other day, as usual I had to report some for ownership review since they were still listed.

@DomainVP
Lets be honest here. This is less about product failings and more about you overlooking your duties. If you keep crying foul you think you might be unbanned... I would just own up to my mistake, apologise and get my account unbannned. Stuff like this happens. No need for diversions.

Afaik names are pending review, but still on accounts, hence not actually listed on the marketplace, so yeah, you'd still get that error but when there's whois changes they're no longer available to buy to the best of my knowledge.

Pro tips / hacks. When you add the name, press next super quick before you get that error about it already being listed, this works for me every time and I manage to add the name no problem.

Re: annoying pending review status...

When you add names and you see them as pending review. Delete and re-add them, rinse and repeat. Works a charm every time.

•••
Afaik names are pending review, but still on accounts, hence not actually listed on the marketplace, so yeah, you'd still get that error but when there's whois changes they're no longer available to buy to the best of my knowledge.

Pro tips / hacks. When you add the name, press next super quick before you get that error about it already being listed, this works for me every time and I manage to add the name no problem.

Re: annoying pending review status...

When you add names and you see them as pending review. Delete and re-add them, rinse and repeat. Works a charm every time.

hmmm.. that'd be great if pressing submit quick fixed it
somehow I doubt this hack is goign to have equivalent effect of afternic support going manually through each domain I request them to do via email, to remove frrom previous owner account and release it for me.

I just tried it on one such domain actually... and while I was able to click submit on it all the way til end.. it still does not show in my account. I Fear this hack may not do it.
I'll also try what happens if I readd (i asume you didn't mean to delete them first before readding) domains pending review.. and if they get verified automatically. it's imposssible ot keep this up each time domains go into review (which is often, and randomly). but I'll try

thanks for tips!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back