IT.COM

Got Perma-Banned from GoDaddy Auctions for NO REASON

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Are GoDaddy Auctions fair in your opinion?

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • Yes

votes
    25.8%
  • Possibly not

votes
    71.0%
  • Maybe

vote
    3.2%
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

Save Breach

Top Member
Impact
So, I was bidding on a CVCV.com, then the next morning weirdly enough I got logged out from my Investor App (I often prefer using the Investor app rather). Then a message popped up that I needed membership to participate in auctions each time I tried to log in the app.

Afterwards, it appears my auction account got suspended as auctions page kept giving a redirect to the Auctions help page.

Don't know if that's some insider play to boost only a few big investors to win the auctions (although I suspect so). But now I don't believe in the fairness/legitimacy of GD auctions anymore. As the ban made no sense, also I haven't got a proper reply from their auctions support which is all the more disappointing.

I no longer believe in the fairness of GoDaddy auctions. I repeat.

Their support too is ridiculous, after making one pay for the auction membership, you don't offer proper support -- randomly ban without notices. Then @Joe Styler gave a funny response, that ban is irreversible. This just doesn't make sense. I need a resolution.

Next: my plan is to move my future sales/auctions and all domains to Epik, as I have seen they are a lot more better at providing support (was pleased with @Rob Monster 's fast support turnaround). They also have a much better UI than GD.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
@Save Breach seems like a good guy who will learn fast.

@Paul Nicks - We all make mistakes. What's the appeal process?

•••
gd auctions is and possibly will forever remain the best source of sales (and also purchases) for domainers. you can love them or hate them its entirely up to you, but it wont change that fact.

so its a very bad idea for domainers to be on bad terms with gd auctions, unless they want to deprive themselves of the best source of sale and buying venue.

I would recommend you contact them to try and clarify situation. there are a few posts like yours that accounts were suspended unfairly as you put it. but from what I saw so far those threads ended up with reasons for suspension being there. and in some cases being workable and decisions could be overturned.

really, there is no other way to say it, but any domainer who leaves gd auctions is just hurting themselves in the end, in terms of their exposure, offers, sales...

gl.

Last edited:
•••
So, I was bidding on a CVCV.com, then the next morning weirdly enough I got logged out from my Investor App (I often prefer using the Investor app rather). Then a message popped up that I needed membership to participate in auctions each time I tried to log in the app.

Afterwards, it appears my auction account got suspended as auctions page kept giving a redirect to the Auctions help page.

Don't know if that's some insider play to boost only a few big investors to win the auctions (although I suspect so). But now I don't believe in the fairness/legitimacy of GD auctions anymore. As the ban made no sense, also I haven't got a proper reply from their auctions support which is all the more disappointing.

Their support too is ridiculous, after making one pay for the auction membership, you don't offer proper support -- randomly ban without notices. Then @Joe Styler gave a funny response, that ban is irreversible. This just doesn't make sense. I need a resolution.

Next: my plan is to move my future sales/auctions and all domains to Epik, as I have seen they are a lot more better at providing support (was pleased with @Rob Monster 's fast support turnaround). They also have a much better UI than GD.
There is always a reason. We do not ban people from the platform for no reason. As I have stated in the private message to you, we are no longer interested in doing business with you. This decision will not be reversed. We do not make that kind of decision lightly.

•••
lol .. I think that's a pretty clear indication something bad was done.

While I'm sure many of us would like to know, it's likely a payment issue or an auction fraud issue. Either way we'll likely never know because it's in GoDaddy's best interest to not let the public be aware of their security weaknesses and security defences. As frustrating as it is, it's understandable and ultimately makes things more secure for all their users.

@Save Breach .. it might help shine some light on the issue if you answered the questions in my previous post ..

Please remember that "New Account" does not necessarily mean that he's a new member. In fact, based on how active he was in first couple of days I'd say he's not new to domains at least.

Also looking at one of his posts just a few weeks ago seems there was a currency liquidity issue.

It could very well be that he might have (with authorisation) used someone else's credit card to make the payment in a currency GD accepts, but that GD's system triggered a red flag because the name on the credit card did not match the account. With just a few minutes looking around I think we can at least say there might be some validity to GoDaddy's perception of possible and potential actions.

Again though .. without any details it's very hard to defend you, as even if GoDaddy's platform and system are a raging buggy mess of a disaster, they do seem to be on top of things when it comes to payments (or maybe it's ultimately the credit card company).

How many different forms of payment have you used to pay for domains over the last year at GoDaddy (on ALL your different accounts if multiple)? Were ANY of those forms of payment made with credit cards that did not have your name on it (even if you had permission)? Have any of your payments had issues (even if they were later resolved)?

I'm not saying you did anything illegal .. but at the same time, I'd say chances are high they you might have done something that got flagged by GoDaddy's payment system.

Maybe share with us any and all such potential issues you've had.

Also .. how many accounts do you have at GoDaddy and/or GoDaddy Auctions?

•••
Update: Banned from Afternic too as part of unjust Aftermarket ban (Auction ban)

But business goes on, for anyone in the same situation, simply buy a cheapo NAT VPS with high bandwidth (get a /64 subnet too, to change IPs as and when needed), and use it to connect to GD Auctions. Deploy your own OpenVPN server, if you have a good OpSec, 99.99% you will go un-traced right under their nose.

Also, unlike Public VPNs its hard to track VPNs deployed on VPS. Wonder where @Joe Styler would send abuse reports then.

Well I am not bypassing their restriction right now, because its useless to do business with shady, unprofessional people. GoDaddy aftermarket is trash.

We should stand together against unfair practices by these aftermarkets like GoDaddy!

Last edited:
•••
🤦‍♂️ You never told us what you did to get banned. I am asking for a friend. You know you can live without GD just sayin.

•••
🤦‍♂️ You never told us what you did to get banned. I am asking for a friend. You know you can live without GD just sayin.

Trust me I did nothing wrong, IIRC. No shill bidding, nothing like that. No unpaid dues. They perhaps banned me to favor another bidder on a high value auction I took part in. They are the kings, we the slaves, they do what they like.

If I have done something wrong, let GoDaddy clarify. If they don't and stay mute, you should assume, its shady unfair business practices.

•••
There is always a reason. We do not ban people from the platform for no reason. As I have stated in the private message to you, we are no longer interested in doing business with you. This decision will not be reversed. We do not make that kind of decision lightly.

Did nothing. Got banned for nothing.

Also, my auction membership fee paid few days before the ban was forfeited. All for nothing! Seems like a scam to selectively allow bidders promoting partiality and forfeit auction fees! Great way to SCAM people!
If the decision was taken with so much seriousness, I deserve the right to know why I was banned in the first place.

Cheers

Last edited:
•••

Also, my auction membership fee paid few days before the ban was forfeited. All for nothing! Seems like a scam!
If the decision was taken with so much seriousness, I deserve the right to know why I was banned in the first place.

Cheers

@Joe Styler,
@Paul Nicks,

In this country; “innocent until proven guilty” and the kid doesnt even know what he did? O_o

Samer

Last edited:
•••
“innocent until proven guilty” and kid doesnt even know what he did ? O_o

6 months gone, no justice.
GoDaddy aftermarket is a selective scam, I'm convinced. They only do business with people they like, no equality only partiality.

Cheers

•••

Also, my auction membership fee paid few days before the ban was forfeited. All for nothing! Seems like a scam to selectively allow bidders promoting partiality and forfeit auction fees! Great way to SCAM people!

Cheers

I don't mean to offend, but godaddy are a professional company. They earn their profits from (among other things) domain auctions. You were a customer and you paid money to them. Therefore, it doesn't make sense that they would ban you for no reason.

I'm sure there's a good one and allow me to be so bold as to suggest that you may know what you did.

Just saying.

•••
I don't mean to offend, but godaddy are a professional company. They earn their profits from (among other things) domain auctions. You were a customer and you paid money to them. Therefore, it doesn't make sense that they would ban you for no reason.

I'm sure there's a good one and allow me to be so bold as to suggest that you may know what you did.

Just saying.

They are not a “Professional” company.

By any stretch of the imagination.

i would post link; but wont derail thread.

Last edited:
•••
They are not a “Professional” company.

By any stretch of the imagination.

i would post link; but wont derail thread

Whether you like them or not, they are a professional company. I don't like them; I think they're assholes.

But it would be truly stupid to think they banned a customer for no reason, especially when it's a company as greedy as godaddy.

•••
Whether you like them or not, they are a professional company. I don't like them; I think they're assholes.

But it would be truly stupid to think they banned a customer for no reason, especially when it's a company as greedy as godaddy.

Why would a banned customer; “no reason”
be pushing the truth to come out?

Oh, Maybe strongly believes his innocence.

Wouldnt make sense otherwise; adds closure /GD After Ban; essentially banned by industry.

And plus according to him) we have no why.
That’s not right; regardless if not like Godaddy;
(and i happen to not like them very much..)

Last edited:
•••
and that reason was never communicated. this is where it gets shady

As a GD auctions member who paid a membership fee, i deserve the right to information about the ban. the reason why. not trying to create drama, but the communication and interaction I had with GD rep or, auction team was far from professional.

It was shady at best. When do you hide facts from a customer?

All i did was asked why is my auctions and aftermarket account getting banned? i had no non payments, no shill bids, then why? nothing that comes to mind that may be against the ToS

cheers

Last edited:
•••
So you got banned and there was no message attached to the ban? When you tried to find out why, you got no response and Joe Styler just told you to get lost?

•••
So you got banned and there was no message attached to the ban? When you tried to find out why, you got no response and Joe Styler just told you to get lost?

FINALLY! Caught up; What it looks like (so far)

@Save Breach can you confirm;
Youve been Banned GD Afternic last 6months;
With no explanation; since forming this thread?

Last edited:
•••
with no explanation; since forming thread?

Its really obvious if you go through my thread. @Joe Styler gave no reason, followed by Auctions team who gave no reason as well. Joe went on to accuse me of probable shill bidding as against ToS, which I never did.

all i got was some generic response saying we don't want to do business with you

Cheers

Last edited:
•••
Its really obvious if you go through my thread. @Joe Styler gave no reason, followed by Auctions team who gave no reason as well. Joe went on to accuse me of probable shill bidding as against ToS, which I never did.

Cheers

OK so he did give you a reason. You may be innocent in this case, but you don't have to lie.

Last edited:
•••
You may be innocent in this case, but you don't have to lie

he said maybe you were shill bidding but i wasn't. you didn't get the point. whats the real reason then?

is he even aware of the situation? i wasn't given any definite real reason.

but you don't have to lie.

when did I lie? i didn't get the real reason, just his assumption. I am looking for one concrete reason.

Cheers

Last edited:
•••
he said maybe you were shill bidding but i wasn't. you didn't get the point. whats the real reason then?

is he even aware of the situation? i wasn't given any definite real reason.

Cheers

The reason is they think you were shill bidding. I don't know how strong their evidence is, but strong enough to ban you, a person who gave them money.

They wouldn't do that lightly. I'm not saying you did it; it might have been a mistake, but they must have some strong suspicions. It would be nice if Joe Styler or someone would lay down their entire reasoning in this case, but I doubt they would be bothered to do that.

•••
Bad news is...99% people who say they banned for no reason...there was a reason..

Good news is...the other 1% who were banned for no reason.. all get their accounts back.

Gl

•••

I don't mean to offend but it's a public company so they can refuse service to anyone, although they most likely had a reason so you should call them and see what they say.
Regards

•••
Come on........

They would not of banned him without providing information on the rules he had broken - he should of received an explanation via email - showing us Namepros messages which are not officially from Godaddy mean nothing, hence the blunt reply by Joe......

If you really believe you did nothing wrong email [email protected] asking what you did wrong, once they reply back you can share their answer here......

Last edited:
•••
Join the club
DLM
Domainer Live Matter

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back